Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should we consider cutting phillip dorsett

12isthenew18

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/30/2016 at 4:47 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

Wow, 6 catches for 13 yards in 3 games is really bad.  But Dorsett has 6 catches for 109 yards in the last three games.

I know I've mentioned this before but I remember all these same conversations back a while ago.  The Colts drafted a WR who, after 21 games had 55 catches for 766 yards and 2 TDs (Dorsett has 42 receptions for 620 yards and 2 TDs after 21 games).  People said he was terrible, a wasted draft pick, another first round bust from Polian.

Yet, when that WR left the Colts after the 2014 season most fans considered him one of the greatest receivers and a Colts fan favorite.

Yeah, I read the stats wrong. Can't edit it.

1 hour ago, Introspect said:

Play him as a WES WELKER type of player and see him flourish

Hmmm, with the offense this team runs. . . . . that'd be nice but probably won't happen.  I don't think this team really knows how to utilize the slot effectively, or the personnel isn't there.  They did somewhat with Whalen on occasion, but whatever seems to work can quickly disappear from game to game.  I think the concept of utilizing peoples strengths is a difficult concept for the staff to understand, OR perhaps many of the players just don't have any strengths in general :dunno:??  It's like a M Knight Sbahablmamlallynan movie, no one knows, plot twist blah!

Only the end of the season will tell what the wacky world of Colts football will bring fourth!  Hopefully they can make something of it in the end.

One would think Phillip could be used as a slot guy, he's very quick and can be explosive but he just hardly ever gets the ball, and when it is thrown his way he drops it.  I would assume there are plays designed for him, he seems like he could be a good yac guy.  Maybe Luck just has 0 confidence in him or he's not utilized correctly, or just isn't good.  It's anyones guess, or a combination of everything.

Sorry.....

Late to the party.

Simply put,  NO, we should not cut Phillip Dorsett.      There's no reason to. 

Just because he's a disappointment doesn't mean he has no value to the team.      Plus, he still has upside, which I am personally counting on seeing each and every week.     But if he never gets better,  there's still no reason go cut him.     He's on a rookie contract.     He's worth that.

The worst would be we wouldn't offer him a 2nd contract.    And we're still more than two years away from that happening.

Can we move on, please?!?

On 12/1/2016 at 10:41 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry.....

Late to the party.

Just because he's a disappointment doesn't mean he has no value to the team.      Plus, he still has upside, which I am personally counting on seeing each and every week.     But if he never gets better,  there's still no reason go cut him.     He's on a rookie contract.     He's worth that.

The worst would be we wouldn't offer him a 2nd contract.    And we're still more than two years away from that happening.

Exactly, the ignorance on here is mind boggling.  If some had their way they would cut almost everyone and there wouldn't be enough players to field a team.

On 12/1/2016 at 9:41 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry.....

Late to the party.

I'm one of his biggest critics and even im not dumb enough to cut a rookie on a rookie deal. He may be bad now but two more years is a loooong time away. 

He needs to put in the work in the offseason and the Colts staff needs to revamp their offensive outlook. This constant deep bomb stuff is Madden level complexity...