Punt play fail (merge)

Crunked

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive have never seen anything dumber in my life, pivotle point in the game, could have pinned them deep, ou D had just stopped them one drive ago, 1 possession game, it totally killed all of our momentum, I have no words none except dumbest play ive ever seen in 35 years of watching football, im so mad at these coaches right now

The play was designed to confuse the defense and try to draw them off sides. It didn't work and will probably go down as one of the worst plays in Colts history.

That is a terrible excuse. Terrible.

If that was the plan, why wouldn't we send out Luck and his hard count?

If it was a play that we were going to run of everyone followed the formation it was still an entirely illegal formation and would have been called back.

There is no excuse for whatever that was, whether it was supposed to be snapped or not.

Whalen for snapping it. You absolutely can't snap that under any circumstances unless you a) have favourable numbers, b) have someone offside.

Someone had to draw it up for him to have the chance to snap it. He was confused as everyone else and didn't wanna be the cause of a delay of game

Coaching staff. Terrible idea, terrible call in a six point game. What was the point? You're going to take a delay of game and give them 5 yards in what had been a field position battle in the 3rd?

Outside of that play, win or lose, you could have felt good about the result. Instead, they're a punchline for the next week.

yes why would you snap it, but more importantly why would you run it? are we so desperate that we need that kind of trick play....? but its probably the 5th WR's fault for that play call

I think somebody on the coaching staff was trying to out-patriot the patriots.  Too cute for their own good and put the team in a hole.

That is a terrible excuse. Terrible.

If that was the plan, why wouldn't we send out Luck and his hard count?

If it was a play that we were going to run of everyone followed the formation it was still an entirely illegal formation and would have been called back.

There is no excuse for whatever that was, whether it was supposed to be snapped or not.

This ^^^

I was fine with the onside kick....and I thought we'd recovered it....but this dopey punt formation was an embarrassing sandlot fiasco, nothing more.