Punt play fail (merge)

Crunked

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its on Griff. He should never have snapped it. Ok you tried an unusual call to try and get them to waste a time out. It didn't work take your 5 yard delay of game and punt but that was never meant to be snapped.

I don't blame Griff for that. I get he's not supposed to snap the ball, but why on Gods earth did the coaches call that? If you want to draw them offsides KEEP the offense on the field.

Really disappointed. Not in the team, besides a few inexplicable plays they did well, but in some of these "fans". We played our best game all season and still people fail to see anything positive. Sure we have problems but this is a game we can build off of. End rant

That is a terrible excuse. Terrible.

If that was the plan, why wouldn't we send out Luck and his hard count?

If it was a play that we were going to run of everyone followed the formation it was still an entirely illegal formation and would have been called back.

There is no excuse for whatever that was, whether it was supposed to be snapped or not.

Pagano just said that they wanted to line up and see if they could have confused NE. Depending on NE's formation, they would've snapped the ball and ran the play, otherwise, they wanted to try to draw the defense off side. He said the ball should not have been snapped and they would've just taken the delay of game.

It was a trick play, (horrible play call in that situation) thus no need for Luck and his hard count. Everyone would've seen that coming. Also, his hard count did not draw anyone off side all night.

Pagano just said that they wanted to line up and see if they could have confused NE. Depending on NE's formation, they would've snapped the ball and ran the play, however, they wanted to try to draw the defense off side if the defense was in good position. He said the ball should not have been snapped and they would've just taken the delay of game.

It was a trick play, (horrible play call in that situation) thus no need for Luck and his hard count. Everyone would've seen that coming. Also, his hard count did not draw anyone off side all night.

I'd rather have Luck try to draw them offsides than Griff Whalen. But that's just me.

I'd rather have Luck try to draw them offsides than Griff Whalen. But that's just me.

I'd rather they just punt in that situation. Luck had plenty of opportunities to draw NE off sides, without any success. NE is too well coached to fall for a 4th down hard count. It's too obvious. Just punt and play smart football.

Pagano just said that they wanted to line up and see if they could have confused NE. Depending on NE's formation, they would've snapped the ball and ran the play, however, they wanted to try to draw the defense off side if the defense was in good position. He said the ball should not have been snapped and they would've just taken the delay of game.

Yeah, that answer does not satisfy me.

We'd already demonstrated that we would go for it on 4th down so they definitely would have been a little more jumpy than usual about it.

If Chuck had his heart set on trying to draw them offsides with the punting unit, why not actually leave them in formation instead of going into something that was a complete joke of a formation by us?

Yeah, that answer does not satisfy me.

We'd already demonstrated that we would go for it on 4th down so they definitely would have been a little more jumpy than usual about it.

If Chuck had his heart set on trying to draw them offsides with the punting unit, why not actually leave them in formation instead of going into something that was a complete joke of a formation by us?

It was a stupid play with a stupid result. I'm just explaining the thought process that went into it.

I'm already on record saying they should have just punted the ball and played smart football. I don't think a 4th down hard count by Luck would've achieved anything other than a delay of game. That's just my opinion.

It was a stupid play with a stupid result. I'm just explaining the thought process that went into it.

I'm already on record saying they should have just punted the ball and played smart football. I don't think a 4th down hard count by Luck would've achieved anything other than a delay of game. That's just my opinion.

I don't either, but given the choice between letting Luck try to do it in an offensive formation, and Whalen and whoever else was back there with him, give me Luck and an offensive formation every time. Even the punt formation had a better chance to draw them off.

That play was dead on arrival, and why they even put it in the game plan is beyond me.

I don't understand why people are acting as if its the worst play ever or something, plays like these have happened before

That's definitely bad, but I believe ours is worse. We committed to a trick 4th down play in a closely contested game when we had solid momentum, and what's worse, our failure gave Brady excellent field position, and eventually, a TD. Washington attempted their trick play at the end of the half down by a lot of points -- they had nothing to lose, other than 3 pts.

Its on Griff. He should never have snapped it. Ok you tried an unusual call to try and get them to waste a time out. It didn't work take your 5 yard delay of game and punt but that was never meant to be snapped.

NO SORRY I DISAGREE Michael Irvin said it best Pagano:"why did you snap that?"

WHY DID YOU PUT HIM IN THE POSITION TO SNAP IT

the coaches need 2 go like right now

coming from somebody whos defended these coaches for years

Whalen for snapping it. You absolutely can't snap that under any circumstances unless you a) have favourable numbers, b) have someone offside.

illegal formation, wouldn't have mattered.  Terrible design.  you don't run that play in that situation against that team within striking distance and with that other coach and qb on the other team.  You just don't do that.  

Really disappointed. Not in the team, besides a few inexplicable plays they did well, but in some of these "fans". We played our best game all season and still people fail to see anything positive. Sure we have problems but this is a game we can build off of. End rant

exactly. A team everyone had losing in a blow out fashion yet we are 1 touchdown away from beating an incredible team and it's fire everyone. I really hate this forum this year it's nothing but fire everyone, rebuild the team there's not a whole lot of in depth looks like there has been in years before. I guess everyone was so high on basically a 4th year team making it to the superbowl that all they can do is lose hope and if that's the case then they aren't really fans just band wagoners.

Can you fill me in, minus the "failure to communicate"? Again, in bed and only reading Twitter and that's all I see.

The idea was to try and catch them off guard. Hoping to get favorable numbers over griff. Obviously that didn't occur. If they didn't get the numbers they wanted griff wasnt supposed to snap it. Take the delay and punt

The idea was to try and catch them off guard. Hoping to get favorable numbers over griff. Obviously that didn't occur. If they didn't get the numbers they wanted griff wasnt supposed to snap it. Take the delay and punt

Thank you for explaining. That sounds like it would hurt us more than it would them by just setting up that way. Probably should have just had Luck w a hard count and then call timeout or take the delay. How they thought only one guy would lineup on Griff in that situation is beyond me.

Thank you for explaining. That sounds like it would hurt us more than it would them by just setting up that way. Probably should have just had Luck w a hard count and then call timeout or take the delay. How they thought only one guy would lineup on Griff in that situation is beyond me.

Yeah, I would have went with luck and the hard count as well