Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Jim Irsay will go "Big Game Hunting" in the offseason if coaching change is made

TKnight24

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Irsay didn't become owner until his died dad. He never gave him ownership. And Bobs Wife did sue after his death.

Now he was a GM while his Dad owned them. But Bob hired Bill Tobin. Jim's first task was t o clear out Tobin and Infante. Jim wanted to offer Ted a better contract after the AFC championship loss.

I said turn over, not own. There in turn he inherited the team with Bob's death.

You base your opinion on one bad trade? Sorry, but that is being too narrow minded. Do you seem to think that all GMs do nothing but bring in all pro players? Go ahead and overlook the good things that Grigson has done because you will find fault with that also.

The bad trade plays a big part, but also forcing his hand in who starts particularly bad players

I think it's funny that some fans hear are spoiled into thinking the Colts are some perfect organization that doesn't go through drama like every other team does.

"Media speculating about a GM and coach rift? Must just be a cheap attempt to make headlines. There isn't any truth in it"

Some of you guys need to wake up and smell the coffee. You don't have to believe everything you read but you guys act as if this is some flawless organization that shouldn't ever be associated with the same talk that surrounds other teams.

I also think he has realized how stress free and how high paying being a TV guy is.  There is a reason why you haven't seen him or Cowher step back into coaching and it's not because they didn't have chances. 

The Steelers were a very good team during Cower's time there but some seem to overlook it took him 14 years to win a super bowl. And now some want Pagano fired after three seasons?

The bad trade plays a big part, but also forcing his hand in who starts particularly bad players

We don't have a clue as to who told who to start. That is something the media has come up with. You always make good comment and I like a lot you have to say but remember where some of these sources come from before taking them as the truth.

These rumors are eventually going to poison the locker room if they haven't already.

I doubt it, Plenty of other things to watch on tv, Plenty of other things to read in newspapers, Plenty of other things to look up on the internet. Winning will cure it (especially at home against the Patriots)

he is a great coach only reason he failed in Washington is cause the owner there is a * and mike likes to have a pro style QB like Luck. Also I'd much rather run his ZBS then the power run blocking we do

I agree with you. Smaller athletic OL are easier to find for the ZBS, IMO, to coach up and use for screen pass blocking and pass oriented offenses of the current NFL. If we invest more in blocking TEs, we can go max. protect or run jumbo sets for run blocking. 

I also like this Mike Trgovac guy of the Packers for a possible DC position: http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/mike-trgovac/4c934a6c-10e7-4bdb-af7b-4a48894326a8

The other guy I would like is this guy, Vance Joseph, secondary coach of the Bengals: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vance_Joseph

I agree with you. Smaller athletic OL are easier to find for the ZBS, IMO, to coach up and use for screen pass blocking and pass oriented offenses of the current NFL. If we invest more in blocking TEs, we can go max. protect or run jumbo sets for run blocking.

I also like this Mike Trgovac guy of the Packers for a possible DC position: http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/mike-trgovac/4c934a6c-10e7-4bdb-af7b-4a48894326a8

The other guy I would like is this guy, Vance Joseph, secondary coach of the Bengals: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vance_Joseph

I'm sure he'd find a way and bring Kyle here as OC too

Wish he would go big game hunting for a new GM as well.  

Mike Shanahan!!

Might not be all that crazy.  Shanny is known for being able to make a run game happen and his best years where when he was paired with an elite QB in John Elway.

Don't know if it would help with our defense at all but you pair him with Luck and get him in to coach up a run game.

Wish he would go big game hunting for a new GM as well.  

Might not be all that crazy.  Shanny is known for being able to make a run game happen and his best years where when he was paired with an elite QB in John Elway.

Don't know if it would help with our defense at all but you pair him with Luck and get him in to coach up a run game.

Jimmy should  explore new OC and DC too.

How about instead of Big Game Hunting for coaches he goes Big Game Hunting for an offensive line and Linebackers that can actually play?  That would be great...

I'm not certain we don't already have the players, with all the talent we need, and they have the skills to play the game.

If the Colts were a firing squad, their coaches would call out "Ready, Fire, Aim".

he is a great coach only reason he failed in Washington is cause the owner there is a * and mike likes to have a pro style QB like Luck. Also I'd much rather run his ZBS then the power run blocking we do

I think he's highly overrated.  I'd rather have him son over him, and I'm not that sold on his son quite yet either

Speculation, we'll see. But no one is going anywhere until bare minimum teh Colts are mathmatically excluded from the playoffs.  So people can speculate.  Its wildly premature and just a nuisance, really (and it makes you wonder what it must make the players feel about us?).  The more I see it, the more I want to avoid the internet.

Really--we should not be even discussing the issue of coach and GM until the season is done and dusted.  Let's face it, the off-season is 7 months of tedium, with a couple of tasty morsels thrown in to whet the appetite.  Let Chuck do his job without interference.  I don't understand why anyone, either owner or GM, would pay a guy to coach the Franchise, and then set about telling him what to do.

Pep Hamilton needs to be gone now, replaced by Chudzinski. Then in next offseason, go out and find that genius HC who has experience and can coach up players and is great at game planning. Give him more control over personel decisions and get rid of Grigson. He has had way too many misses both in free agency and the draft.

Mr Irsay if you are reading this than I really want the main guy to come here. Everyone else is optional. Listen to me and we will become a dynasty.  

DC: Gregg Williams/ Ray Lewis/ Rob Ryan/ Kirby Smart

OC: Jon Gruden/ Brian Billick/ Brett Favre/ Drew Bledsoe/ Trent Dilfer

And finally the main guy!

We don't need a GM if we get a student learning from the master Bill Belichick(pains me to say this)

Head Coach/ GM: Preferred Matt Pratricia or Josh Mcdaniels

Mr Irsay if you are reading this than I really want the main guy to come here. Everyone else is optional. Listen to me and we will become a dynasty.

DC: Gregg Williams/ Ray Lewis/ Rob Ryan/ Kirby Smart

OC: Jon Gruden/ Brian Billick/ Brett Favre/ Drew Bledsoe/ Trent Dilfer

And finally the main guy!

We don't need a GM if we get a student learning from the master Bill Belichick(pains me to say this)

Head Coach/ GM: Preferred Matt Pratricia or Josh Mcdaniels

Now that was a masterful display of insanity. BRAVO, GARCON...Take a bow!I had to give you a like. Well done! LOL

Ps. I will have to unlike it at some point. I'm not an animal