Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Jim Irsay will go "Big Game Hunting" in the offseason if coaching change is made

TKnight24

Now that was a masterful display of insanity. BRAVO, GARCON...Take a bow!I had to give you a like. Well done! LOL

Ps. I will have to unlike it at some point. I'm not an animal

haha Thank You Thank You! But in all seriousness I really think Matt Patricia should be the guy to go after. This guy is a super genius and he will make the Colts a pure carbon copy of the Patriots. I'm all for one with beating our hated rival but you must give them credit. The Patriots are the best team in football for the past decade. To defeat the enemy, you must become the enemy.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/01/28/getting-know-patriots-defensive-coordinator-matt-patricia/eUiRhQ77mD7Yn8qaoaVoSN/story.html

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess if he guaranteed Belichick 10 large a year for five years and gave him a piece of the team, he could steal him away from Kraft.  Hell, Belichick would even approve, since he's the guy who invented the mantra, "It's better to let someone go a year too early than a year too late."

(For the humor-deprived, that's a joke.  :thmup: )

I think it's funny that some fans hear are spoiled into thinking the Colts are some perfect organization that doesn't go through drama like every other team does.

"Media speculating about a GM and coach rift? Must just be a cheap attempt to make headlines. There isn't any truth in it"

Some of you guys need to wake up and smell the coffee. You don't have to believe everything you read but you guys act as if this is some flawless organization that shouldn't ever be associated with the same talk that surrounds other teams.

What's funny is your wrong use of the word "here" lol. Just giving u a hard time.

haha Thank You Thank You! But in all seriousness I really think Matt Patricia should be the guy to go after. This guy is a super genius and he will make the Colts a pure carbon copy of the Patriots. I'm all for one with beating our hated rival but you must give them credit. The Patriots are the best team in football for the past decade. To defeat the enemy, you must become the enemy.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/01/28/getting-know-patriots-defensive-coordinator-matt-patricia/eUiRhQ77mD7Yn8qaoaVoSN/story.html

But, do you really want an HC who might say this after his QB throws for almost 500 yards, no picks and three TD's:

"Obviously, we had a lot of yardage in the passing game yesterday, so there is an illusion that it was great, but considering the number of times we threw it and some of the inefficiencies we had, I wouldn't put it in that category." (Bill Belichick on Tom Brady after beating the Bills in Buffalo on Sunday).  

He's no fun.  I mean, Brady must be thinking "What the fandoodle do I have to do to please this guy?"

Pagano is a soft leader and Grigs doesn't understand the importance of strong

line play.

How so?

Please elaborate on paganos soft leadership. Examples, your time spent with him, etc...

Not enough discipline on penalties, especially when guys are hitting guys out of bounds,

unnecessary roughness and other stupid penalties. Also, there is not much emphasis

on ball protection under Pagano's leadership, guys get penalized and turn the ball

over without much fear from the sideline.

The inmates appear to run the asylum.

Not enough discipline on penalties, especially when guys are hitting guys out of bounds,

unnecessary roughness and other stupid penalties. Also, there is not much emphasis

on ball protection under Pagano's leadership, guys get penalized and turn the ball

over without much fear from the sideline.

The inmates appear to run the asylum.

Congratulations!

You're now a candidate for one of the lamest comments ever written here!

Oh Dear God.....            :facepalm:

p.s. -- and the rest of that post wasn't much better.    But the last sentence deserved a comment all its own!

Give Saban a Pete Carroll deal. He'll bring Kiffin w/ him as OC.

This feels like a wasted yr. Why not just dump Pagano already. What other team would take Pagano?

Nick Saban? Seriously? Do you remember his tenure with the Miami Dolphins? No thank you. 

Lane Kiffin is no genius either who was no prize working for the Raiders either. 

I like this idea just on an addition by subtraction measure. You weaken your arch rival by removing him as an asset & getting a window into how Belichick thinks & more importantly how he masks or counteracts his team's vulnerabilities. Mr. Patricia is never leaving Massachusetts though. Never gonna happen. 

It's not so much transforming into NE as it is getting a take no prisoners instinct for me: Embrace the assassination mindset by out thinking, out coaching, & out executing your foe on the field. 

I will give Pagano time, but if NE slaughters us yet again, I'm done with Chuck & ready to go in a new direction. I like him as an individual, but if he can't show me that we can tango will Bill, it's over. 

But, do you really want an HC who might say this after his QB throws for almost 500 yards, no picks and three TD's:

"Obviously, we had a lot of yardage in the passing game yesterday, so there is an illusion that it was great, but considering the number of times we threw it and some of the inefficiencies we had, I wouldn't put it in that category." (Bill Belichick on Tom Brady after beating the Bills in Buffalo on Sunday).

He's no fun. I mean, Brady must be thinking "What the fandoodle do I have to do to please this guy?"

At this point I suspect Brady ignores many of BB's statements.

Report: Jim Irsay could go "big-game hunting" with head coach search after season http://t.co/HqsjtjQuZ4

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB)

September 20, 2015

Report: Jim Irsay could go "big-game hunting" with head coach search after season http://t.co/HqsjtjQuZ4

:colts:

*.  What head coach of any stature would want to work for him?

Edited by Nadine
personal shot

It wasn't an opinion, he was convicted. Is commenting on a fact a violation of board rules? 

It's not a fact that someone wouldn't want to work for him because he has an addiction problem that he may or may be still trying to overcome.  That is pretty sad of you to comment on. You act as if anyone who is going through trying times doesn't deserve the good. We all realize you're a :flyingelvis:  fan here so there's no hiding that.

It wasn't an opinion, he was convicted. Is commenting on a fact a violation of board rules? 

First, if you have questions about moderation, message a moderator

Second, it's not a fact.  He's been through rehab

Do you make a practice of taking continued shots at everyone you know that has overcome something?

It's trolling, especially coming from a pats fan

you are a guest here and while we welcome fans, we expect them to read and respect our rules

Keep drinking the cool aid Bubba.  :sheepaid:

Seriously?

You think I'm a cool aid drinker?

I don't know how much you read on this website,  but I'm the one who started a thread that called for the immediate firing of Pep Hamilton -- I think about 15 people have "liked" it.

Does that sound like a cool aid drinker?

So,  let's put your genius observation to the simplest test and see how it does,  shall we?

You think the "inmates are running the asylum" because Pagano doesn't hold them accountable.   They don't get pulled from games when they do something seriously wrong.....

Hey,  this Andrew Luck guy is LEADING THE LEAGUE in turnovers.     Should Pagano bench him?    After all,  Luck isn't being held accountable!?!       

Hmmm?

Seriously,  we've all made bad posts.    All of us -- me very much included.     Stuff happens when you go crazy on an internet fan message board.

And this one......    is yours.  

Better to own it than defend it.

Seriously?

You think I'm a cool aid drinker?

I don't know how much you read on this website,  but I'm the one who started a thread that called for the immediate firing of Pep Hamilton -- I think about 15 people have "liked" it.

Does that sound like a cool aid drinker?

So,  let's put your genius observation to the simplest test and see how it does,  shall we?

You think the "inmates are running the asylum" because Pagano doesn't hold them accountable.   They don't get pulled from games when they do something seriously wrong.....

Hey,  this Andrew Luck guy is LEADING THE LEAGUE in turnovers.     Should Pagano bench him?    After all,  Luck isn't being held accountable!?!       

Hmmm?

Seriously,  we've all made bad posts.    All of us -- me very much included.     Stuff happens when you go crazy on an internet fan message board.

And this one......    is yours.  

Better to own it than defend it.

:flowers: I stand by my post of the coaching staff being soft and too buddy buddy

with their players, and I'm not wanting anyone pulled out of a game but at least

make players accountable for game killing mistakes.

The bottom line is that there are a lot of problems to address and it's the coaching

staff's job to get it lined out.

:flowers: I stand by my post of the coaching staff being soft and too buddy buddy

with their players, and I'm not wanting anyone pulled out of a game but at least

make players accountable for game killing mistakes.

The bottom line is that there are a lot of problems to address and it's the coaching

staff's job to get it lined out.

Two questions...

What would you suggest for holding them accountable?

How do you know the coaches aren't already doing that?