An ignorant mans opinion on Luck

Everyone

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And Randy Moss was no better than Troy Brown...

If this team were 3-13 with Andy Dalton, they would be lucky.  It's the same nonsense you heard for years with Manning.  Some people, like Brown, aren't intelligent enough to look at the surrounding team Luck has been carrying his first three years in the league, or realize that Luck is only in year 3, and has made the playoffs all three years with this pathetic team.  Compare Luck in year 3 to Manning, Brady, Rodgers or Brees.  He is infinitely more advanced than any of them. 

Of course, this organization could make things easier on Luck - much easier - by building an actual playoff caliber team around him.  Hopefully, like Manning, he is strong enough to take the blame and criticism and keep going.  Let's face it, to be a Colts QB, you have to.  Hopefully, they don't ruin the him.   Through three years, behind this O-line, with Richardson and this defense, they have done their best to ruin him.  After three years behind this O-line, I'm surprised he's still walking. 

If this team were 3-13 with Andy Dalton, they would be lucky.  It's the same nonsense you heard for years with Manning.  Some people, like Brown, aren't intelligent enough to look at the surrounding team Luck has been carrying his first three years in the league, or realize that Luck is only in year 3, and has made the playoffs all three years with this pathetic team.  Compare Luck in year 3 to Manning, Brady, Rodgers or Brees.  He is infinitely more advanced than any of them. 

Of course, this organization could make things easier on Luck - much easier - by building an actual playoff caliber team around him.  Hopefully, like Manning, he is strong enough to take the blame and criticism and keep going.  Let's face it, to be a Colts QB, you have to.  Hopefully, they don't ruin the him.   Through three years, behind this O-line, with Richardson and this defense, they have done their best to ruin him.  After three years behind this O-line, I'm surprised he's still walking. 

You were doing ok until the last paragraph, then you got all dramatic. If only it were that easy to build a successful NFL team......

I think his points are valid when you look at production in the post-season and in big games. Many people are still waiting for Luck to have that big breakthrough win vs a top tier team in a big game and it has not happened yet. Same for Dalton. I do think if the Colts win this game and get to play Denver that Luck has a great chance to get that signature win over Manning given the way the he is playing right now.

I could not have said it better and I hope Irsay wakes up every time I talk about this subject some colt fan';s thing I'm being negative just being realistic.Being a Colt fan since the 70's I have seen the good and the bad and will always love my colts and I don't like the direction there going in with Pagano and Grigson  GO COLTS 

I think his points are valid when you look at production in the post-season and in big games. Many people are still waiting for Luck to have that big breakthrough win vs a top tier team in a big game and it has not happened yet. Same for Dalton. I do think if the Colts win this game and get to play Denver that Luck has a great chance to get that signature win over Manning given the way the he is playing right now.

Brown's points are not valid at all, he seems to be acting like most fans, that somehow Luck is involved in one on one match ups instead of team vs team.  The Colts are going to be hard pressed to have any breakthrough signature wins against the best teams until the Oline is improved enough to give Luck adequate protection and generate a decent running game.  So far the Oline has been unable to do either consistently.

Brown's points are not valid at all, he seems to be acting like most fans, that somehow Luck is involved in one on one match ups instead of team vs team. The Colts are going to be hard pressed to have any breakthrough signature wins against the best teams until the Oline is improved enough to give Luck adequate protection and generate a decent running game. So far the Oline has been unable to do either consistently.

Exactly. Gotta be able to beat the best on a consistent, to be considered the best.

Valid points Come on AM    in Lucks 3 years he has out shined Peyton Mannings first 3 years inspite of the team around him , Bad teams huh you mean like  Seattle Denver & San Fran & Daltons Bengals who were not bad teams  , 3 seasons on a 11-5 team yeah Luck sucks to a  former Patriot  "  Shocker " your insight is awesome as a homer your ignorance will last longer than your career as a analyst.

wow-dude-seriously.jpg

In case you haven't noticed the Colts are a playoff caliber team. Maybe not good enough to advance deep but still the same. Can you name me one team in the NFL that has started from scratch and made the playoffs three years in a row? The Colts are not ruining anyone. On average it takes a team five years to build a top tier team. Maybe seeing the bigger picture would help?

Brown's points are not valid at all, he seems to be acting like most fans, that somehow Luck is involved in one on one match ups instead of team vs team.  The Colts are going to be hard pressed to have any breakthrough signature wins against the best teams until the Oline is improved enough to give Luck adequate protection and generate a decent running game.  So far the Oline has been unable to do either consistently.

Elite QBs carry their imperfect teams ...

he beat the seahawks, 49ers,  broncos, packers, ravens, chiefs three times

But you have to admit that Luck has the most imperfect team of them all. Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Romo, Wilson, Dalton all have better teams around them giving them much better chances to succeed. Even Brady or Manning on this team wouldn't be as successful as compared to where they are now. And you have to factor coaching into the equation. We have one of the more poorer coaching staffs among these playoff teams.

But you have to admit that Luck has the most imperfect team of them all. Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Romo, Wilson, Dalton all have better teams around them giving them much better chances to succeed. Even Brady or Manning on this team wouldn't be as successful as compared to where they are now. And you have to factor coaching into the equation. We have one of the more poorer coaching staffs among these playoff teams.

All of those QBs have had poor teams around them in the past except for Wilson. I agree on the coaching. Luck probably has the worst coaching staff although Dalton's is pretty bad too.

and what exactly do you think the Colts record would be without Luck the past three years? He is carrying the team but one guy can only do so much. He came into a 2-14 team that blew up the roster. They are still putting guys around him. They have way over achivied the past three years and luck is a huge part of the reason why.

and what exactly do you think the Colts record would be without Luck the past three years? He is carrying the team but one guy can only do so much. He came into a 2-14 team that blew up the roster. They are still putting guys around him. They have way over achivied the past three years and luck is a huge part of the reason why.

Sure. I don't disagree with any of that but not sure how that makes Brown wrong. Luck and Dalton have had similar careers so far. I personally would take Luck over Dalton but not sure Dalton has reached his ceiling yet and Lewis is not a very good HC either. I do see the similarities between the two.

Sure. I don't disagree with any of that but not sure how that makes Brown wrong. Luck and Dalton have had similar careers so far. I personally would take Luck over Dalton but not sure Dalton has reached his ceiling yet and Lewis is not a very good HC either. I do see the similarities between the two.

They have not have similar careers, no. Luck is the reason the Colts have even made the playoffs the last 3 seasons where as Andy Dalton is the reason the Bengals haven't gotten further. 

He's won plenty of big games already and has a playoff win unlike Dalton. Plus Andy Dalton has a MUCH better team around him and preformed much worse than Luck. I think Andy Dalton is the most overrated quarterback in the league. He is a mistake machine. Had more picks than Luck on way less throws.

This is the most terrible opinion I've ever read coming from you. Many people are waiting for Luck to have that big breakthough win? Really? Sure, we've struggled AS A TEAM this season but I wouldn't pin that on Luck. Last season we got that "signature win" over Peyton Manning and he was playing lights out then (hence, that team went to the Superbowl). The Colts demolished the 49'ers away in their own stadium and beat Seattle, the Superbowl champs. The Bengals beat some better teams last season as well as a team but comparing Andy Dalton to Andrew Luck, there's no comparison.

Not against other teams with elite quarterbacks, defenses, and coaches they don't.

An elite quarterback with a subpar supporting cast gets you something like the Colts. He can carry you through the bad teams and even some of the good teams, but the great teams are going to win most of the time. However, an elite quarterback on a team with an elite defense and coaching gets you something like the Pats. They can beat anybody because if Brady has a bad game then someone else is there to pick up the pieces and vice versa. It's rare that anyone picks up Luck's pieces for him. 

Tom Brady is an Elite QB, sure, yes. Judging by all the Patriots fans on this board, their team is always really good every year, the best team in the league. We all see that too. If elite QBs carry imperfect teams, then the Patriots SHOULD HAVE WON ANOTHER SUPERBOWL BY NOW! I would be * if I were a Patriots fan.

Yep very similar. Luck threw 40 TDs with 16 ints and Dalton had 19 Tds and 17 ints. Dalton has thrown 1 TD in 3 playoff games and lost twice to a crappy Houston team and once to a urine poor SD team. Luck lost a play off game that was a 1 score game with 11 minutes left to the SB winning Ravens where the Colts dropped probably 8 passes. The other to The Pats where they gave up 5-6 rushing TD's . It's fine if you Pats fans want to post in the Colt forum but have the class to not just post crap like that to incite Colt fans. Plus I don't see a playoff game where Dalton led his team to a 28 point comeback passing for 443 yards and 4 TD's plus score another TD. Yep ... very similar. 

well now luck did beat seahawks packers bengals ravens broncos 49ers since being in the league so i would say your either not well informed or biased .....

second the colts team has a complete lack of talent one good wr in hilton  reggie wayne is to old  horrible offense line and defense poor coaching , where as the bengals have a really good defense better good offensive line really good running game tons of weapons .  dalton doesnt have to play the same as luck yet luck averages over 300 yards per game and multiple touchdowns in the playoffs and can move the ball down field where dalton struggles to get a first down