An ignorant mans opinion on Luck

Everyone

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And Randy Moss was no better than Troy Brown...

If this team were 3-13 with Andy Dalton, they would be lucky.  It's the same nonsense you heard for years with Manning.  Some people, like Brown, aren't intelligent enough to look at the surrounding team Luck has been carrying his first three years in the league, or realize that Luck is only in year 3, and has made the playoffs all three years with this pathetic team.  Compare Luck in year 3 to Manning, Brady, Rodgers or Brees.  He is infinitely more advanced than any of them. 

Of course, this organization could make things easier on Luck - much easier - by building an actual playoff caliber team around him.  Hopefully, like Manning, he is strong enough to take the blame and criticism and keep going.  Let's face it, to be a Colts QB, you have to.  Hopefully, they don't ruin the him.   Through three years, behind this O-line, with Richardson and this defense, they have done their best to ruin him.  After three years behind this O-line, I'm surprised he's still walking. 

I could not have said it better and I hope Irsay wakes up every time I talk about this subject some colt fan';s thing I'm being negative just being realistic.Being a Colt fan since the 70's I have seen the good and the bad and will always love my colts and I don't like the direction there going in with Pagano and Grigson  GO COLTS 

This team is almost entirely new from 3 years ago (2 kickers, Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis the exceptions).  We were 2-14 when this regime took over -- we have won 11 games 3 years in a row since then (a very impressive feat for any team, let alone a team which was 2-14 and got a complete overhaul -- not only players but also schemes and philosophies). 

Our OL has struggled, but it's not like the front office hasn't tried to address it -- we've brought on Castanzo and Cherilus who have both played pretty well for the most part (Cherilus has struggled thru injuries the later portion of this season, but was good last year and started out pretty good this year), they signed Donald Thomas who has shown flashes of brightness but hasn't been able to stay healthy (not the front office's fault), we've drafted Holmes, Thornton, Mewhort, and signed a bunch of other FA's or undrafted FA's -- Holmes has struggled with injuries, and Thornton has struggled (to a lesser extent than Holmes) a bit with injuries as well.  Mewhort has been impressive as a rookie to me and think he'll continue to improve.  It isn't like the FO isn't trying - they've signed and drafted multiple players who just haven't panned out like we'd all hope them to.  I'm sure they will realize this after this season and continue to address our OL.

Richardson had a lot of hype and potential when we traded for him, but he hasn't worked out that well, either.  I think people forget when we made that trade we had just lost Ballard and Bradshaw to injury and we were in pretty desperate need of a RB.  Not every single player we draft or sign is going to turn into a super star, but for some reason a lot of people can't grasp that concept.  Given what they walked into, our front office and coaching staff have done a fine job so far and I think we should all be reminded that this 'building the monster' project is a still a  work in progress.  Sure, not every player on our team is an All-Pro and yes, our OL and run game have struggled, but it's not due to lack of effort from the front office or anyone in this organization.  Irsay, Grigs, Pagano, etc.. all know they need to build a team around Luck and they've been trying pretty hard to accomplish that -- I don't think we have anything to complain about as we're going to playoffs for 3rd straight year after a 2-14 season and we have a bright future ahead of us.

But you have to admit that Luck has the most imperfect team of them all. Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Romo, Wilson, Dalton all have better teams around them giving them much better chances to succeed. Even Brady or Manning on this team wouldn't be as successful as compared to where they are now. And you have to factor coaching into the equation. We have one of the more poorer coaching staffs among these playoff teams.

All of those QBs have had poor teams around them in the past except for Wilson. I agree on the coaching. Luck probably has the worst coaching staff although Dalton's is pretty bad too.

I am not sure how anyone says we have a poor coaching staff.  They've led us to playoffs 3 years in a row with an entirely new system and basically an entirely new team.  They were handed a pile of crap and they've turned it into something pretty special.

All of those QBs have had poor teams around them in the past except for Wilson. I agree on the coaching. Luck probably has the worst coaching staff although Dalton's is pretty bad too.

A Luck is fine and on pace.  Look at Peyton Manning playoff record in his first 5 years (3 appearances.  Compare to Luck (who has made it every year for his 3 appearances)

Peyton-

PManing_playoffs_zps6f36ef1d.png

Andrew -

aluck_playoffs_zpsd2e7bea5.png

Luck can really begin to shine very early in his career, beginning Sunday.  He needs to get his turnovers under control and he will flourish.  I'm not worried about what Troy thinks.

Even today, Peyton (a GOAT candidate) gets flak for his playoff record.  Dalton is also under the burden of a 24 year playoff win drought in Porkopolis.

Yep very similar. Luck threw 40 TDs with 16 ints and Dalton had 19 Tds and 17 ints. Dalton has thrown 1 TD in 3 playoff games and lost twice to a crappy Houston team and once to a urine poor SD team. Luck lost a play off game that was a 1 score game with 11 minutes left to the SB winning Ravens where the Colts dropped probably 8 passes. The other to The Pats where they gave up 5-6 rushing TD's . It's fine if you Pats fans want to post in the Colt forum but have the class to not just post crap like that to incite Colt fans. Plus I don't see a playoff game where Dalton led his team to a 28 point comeback passing for 443 yards and 4 TD's plus score another TD. Yep ... very similar. 

Honest question - do you see greatness when you watch Luck?

A Luck is fine and on pace.  Look at Peyton Manning playoff record in his first 5 years (3 appearances.  Compare to Luck (who has made it every year for his 3 appearances)

Peyton-

PManing_playoffs_zps6f36ef1d.png

Andrew -

aluck_playoffs_zpsd2e7bea5.png

Luck can really begin to shine very early in his career, beginning Sunday.  He needs to get his turnovers under control and he will flourish.  I'm not worried about what Troy thinks.

Even today, Peyton (a GOAT candidate) gets flak for his playoff record.  Dalton is also under the burden of a 24 year playoff win drought in Porkopolis.

Why would you compare him to Peyton who had one of the worst starts of any great QB to his post-season career and has the most one and done's in the history of the game along with the most losses.

Not clicking on that.  Does not matter to me what he has to say

Luck is awesome

Truth!  If you really think someone is being ignorant, why would you click to view their "ignorant" article, then post it on a forum to give it more views?  And regardless of what people say, I'm more than happy to have Luck on my side.  Sure, he still has things to improve, but he's young and hard-working.

Comparing Andrew to Andy is a lazy comparison at best.

But the first names though....

This team is almost entirely new from 3 years ago (2 kickers, Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis the exceptions).  We were 2-14 when this regime took over -- we have won 11 games 3 years in a row since then (a very impressive feat for any team, let alone a team which was 2-14 and got a complete overhaul -- not only players but also schemes and philosophies). 

Our OL has struggled, but it's not like the front office hasn't tried to address it -- we've brought on Castanzo and Cherilus who have both played pretty well for the most part (Cherilus has struggled thru injuries the later portion of this season, but was good last year and started out pretty good this year), they signed Donald Thomas who has shown flashes of brightness but hasn't been able to stay healthy (not the front office's fault), we've drafted Holmes, Thornton, Mewhort, and signed a bunch of other FA's or undrafted FA's -- Holmes has struggled with injuries, and Thornton has struggled (to a lesser extent than Holmes) a bit with injuries as well.  Mewhort has been impressive as a rookie to me and think he'll continue to improve.  It isn't like the FO isn't trying - they've signed and drafted multiple players who just haven't panned out like we'd all hope them to.  I'm sure they will realize this after this season and continue to address our OL.

Richardson had a lot of hype and potential when we traded for him, but he hasn't worked out that well, either.  I think people forget when we made that trade we had just lost Ballard and Bradshaw to injury and we were in pretty desperate need of a RB.  Not every single player we draft or sign is going to turn into a super star, but for some reason a lot of people can't grasp that concept.  Given what they walked into, our front office and coaching staff have done a fine job so far and I think we should all be reminded that this 'building the monster' project is a still a  work in progress.  Sure, not every player on our team is an All-Pro and yes, our OL and run game have struggled, but it's not due to lack of effort from the front office or anyone in this organization.  Irsay, Grigs, Pagano, etc.. all know they need to build a team around Luck and they've been trying pretty hard to accomplish that -- I don't think we have anything to complain about as we're going to playoffs for 3rd straight year after a 2-14 season and we have a bright future ahead of us.

I am not sure how anyone says we have a poor coaching staff.  They've led us to playoffs 3 years in a row with an entirely new system and basically an entirely new team.  They were handed a pile of crap and they've turned it into something pretty special.

Because they would rather point a finger at the coaching than admit the Colts are not talented enough yet to win a super bowl.

Why would you compare him to Peyton who had one of the worst starts of any great QB to his post-season career and has the most one and done's in the history of the game along with the most losses.

Pretty simple.  Peyton Manning is IMO the best QB to ever play in the NFL.  Still nobody better at the line of scrimmage.   :manning:  :brady:   :coltslogo::flyingelvis:     :nfl:  :ribbon:  :pass:   Why else would we have 2 of the BEST qbs ever as emoticons.  We do need one of Andrew.  No beard please :)

Edited by BrentMc11

Truth!  If you really think someone is being ignorant, why would you click to view their "ignorant" article, then post it on a forum to give it more views?  And regardless of what people say, I'm more than happy to have Luck on my side.  Sure, he still has things to improve, but he's young and hard-working.

sorry to offend, I won't post again.

I agree that Luck still has a lot of room for improvement, but Dalton only has 1 TD in the playoffs....Also, Dalton's numbers are down across the board this season for some reason.

And we have beaten a lot of great teams since 2012. Just not this season :)

What I see is a terribly inconsistent group around him. No running game , no pass protection and no receivers getting separation vs the good defenses. Other than Fleener on a few plays , NE had his receivers totally blanketed .. No ? I know you saw that one. 

To further answer your question , he's very good for being asked to carry the offense in his 3rd year. Is he an elite QB at this point in time .. no. Is he similar to Andy Dalton who just signed a contract that the Bengles can pretty much walk away from in 2016 ? Absurd.

Do you know what the score was before Lucks first INT?

Don't worry I'll wait for you to destroy your own argument.

lol. Right his FIRST Int. How many did he have again? And aren't Qbs supposed to play well regardless of the score, not add to the deficit?

lol. Right his FIRST Int. How many did he have again? And aren't Qbs supposed to play well regardless of the score, not add to the deficit?

Right after he was pressing because the D couldn't stop a cold, and KC knew we had to throw to win.

How many QBs play perfect games when they're in a 30 point deficit? I'd love to see you're numbers in a similar situation, and we won.

And we still won.

Did I mention we won. Because of Andrew? I forget.

What I see is a terribly inconsistent group around him. No running game , no pass protection and no receivers getting separation vs the good defenses. Other than Fleener on a few plays , NE had his receivers totally blanketed .. No ? I know you saw that one. 

To further answer your question , he's very good for being asked to carry the offense in his 3rd year. Is he an elite QB at this point in time .. no. Is he similar to Andy Dalton who just signed a contract that the Bengles can pretty much walk away from in 2016 ? Absurd.

When I read your first paragraph I think about Bledsoe and how we used to same those same exact things about him. IF he just had a better Oline, better run game, better receivers. And like Luck, he liked to hang on to the ball, get it down field, take hits and force throws. It was who he was. Then we saw Brady step on the field with the same group and move the offense, not take negative plays, take what the defense gave him and lead the team to multiple championships.

The knocks against Luck are the same ones he had in college. The question is can he change who he is? I think he is a fine QB but far from elite and I am not sure if that has to do as much with the team around him as you may believe. I am not saying this Colts team is great but his issues are less about the players than his approach to the position IMO.

I pretty much wrote the summary of the article so people wouldn't have to click the link, I posted the link in case people were interested in reading the whole article.

Right after he was pressing because the D couldn't stop a cold, and KC knew we had to throw to win.

How many QBs play perfect games when they're in a 30 point deficit? I'd love to see you're numbers in a similar situation, and we won.

And we still won.

Did I mention we won. Because of Andrew? I forget.

Right that comeback had everything to do with Luck and not KCs losing several key players during the game including their stud RB and his back up preventing them running out the clock?

I saw it and all Luck's turnovers that led to the big deficit.

Another Pat fan on the Colt forum to incite and aggravate . I would just toss you if I were a mod. The score at half was 31-10. Luck threw an Int on a 2nd and 17 with 24 seconds left in the half. KC took over with 21 seconds left and did not score. That was Luck's only turnover in the half. Maybe your thinking of the Richardson fumble inside his own 20 ? So you saw the whole game and the 21 point deficit was due to Luck's turnovers ? LOL on your ,memory as NONE of those 31 first half pouts were due to Luck's turnovers.

Another Pat fan on the Colt forum to incite and aggravate . I would just toss you if I were a mod. The score at half was 31-10. Luck threw an Int on a 2nd and 17 with 24 seconds left in the half. KC took over with 21 seconds left and did not score. That was Luck's only turnover in the half. Maybe your thinking of the Richardson fumble inside his own 20 ? So you saw the whole game and the 21 point deficit was due to Luck's turnovers ? LOL on your ,memory as NONE of those 31 first half pouts were due to Luck's turnovers.

Reid should have been fired after losing that game. Why on earth he still had Smith passing with that type of lead was mind boggling.

After watching luck in every single game for 3 years i see flashes of greatess i see elite big time throws luck looking off defenders reading defense calling audibles . Then i see average play mixed in , but luck isn't babied in his offense like a wilson or rg3 and has no run game its easy for teams to defend when they know the colts are gonna pass 60 times a game the linebackers don't even bite on play action.

but then again your only trolling for attention on a colts forum...... even though i have never witnessed in my life tom brady ever play good when his o line struggled that is why he was a 6th round draft pick because he is slow not  athletic QB they can only be as good as whats around him . even though brady fan boys love to down play their coach or team to prop up overrated over proctected brady. the real fact is brady has had 8 to ten seconds to throw the ball his entire career so its like playing monkey in the middle no matter who is bradys weapons their gonna get wide open and brady well continue to be overrated. even though he has had one of the worst deep balls in the nfl beside when he could throw jump balls to randy moss  only short baby passes with no defensive pressure a good run game and the best coach in the nfl .

http://nesn.com/2014/10/scout-tom-brady-has-worst-deep-ball-in-nfl-best-short-yardage-qb/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/928901-why-tom-brady-is-the-most-overrated-quarterback-in-nfl-history

actually try reading and using common sense instead of being a brady groupie

Right that comeback had everything to do with Luck and not KCs losing several key players during the game including their stud RB and his back up preventing them running out the clock?

Did those injuries instantly allow Luck to play at a high level and make game changing plays?

Do we also get bonus points for players we lost throughout the season? Because I would love for that to be taken into consideration.

Not to mention how famously Andy Reid loves to throw the football, clearly they weren't concerned with running out the clock, or they would have actually run the ball.

Clearly your goal is to discredit Luck in that game, enjoy yourself. But there's two sides to every story.

Good for him......I like Brown (He has to stick up for his team so I don't blame him)........Now its time for Luck to change his opinion........In Foxboro....I don't see Baltimore going into Pitt this year and beating the Steelers so IF we beat Cincy that sets up the Colts to go to Foxboro

Good for him......I like Brown (He has to stick up for his team so I don't blame him)........Now its time for Luck to change his opinion........In Foxboro....I don't see Baltimore going into Pitt this year and beating the Steelers so IF we beat Cincy that sets up the Colts to go to Foxboro

He does have to win in Foxboro, I agree, but I think the Ravens have a shot. Maybe Flacco will have another incredible playoff game. Then they would go to NE lol.

When I read your first paragraph I think about Bledsoe and how we used to same those same exact things about him. IF he just had a better Oline, better run game, better receivers. And like Luck, he liked to hang on to the ball, get it down field, take hits and force throws. It was who he was. Then we saw Brady step on the field with the same group and move the offense, not take negative plays, take what the defense gave him and lead the team to multiple championships.

The knocks against Luck are the same ones he had in college. The question is can he change who he is? I think he is a fine QB but far from elite and I am not sure if that has to do as much with the team around him as you may believe. I am not saying this Colts team is great but his issues are less about the players than his approach to the position IMO.

Ehhh... been a long time since Brady won a championship. And like I always said the first one was all the defense. The guy threw for about a buck fifty against a so so defense. Big deal ... set them u for an Adam V bomb. LOL Now he throws 5 yard passes and would be nothing without Gronk. First 4 games of the year proved that. 

As for Luck , as I've said many times . He's very good but not elite . When the defense stops getting ripped by the good teams , maybe his approach will change ? Dunno.. we'll see. BTW.. I don't recall too many issues he had in college . He probably would have cost about 4 1st rounds picks to draft him. What this thread was about concerned a * saying he's no better than Andy Dalton and that's what I've responded to. 

Ehhh... been a long time since Brady won a championship. And like I always said the first one was all the defense. The guy threw for about a buck fifty against a so so defense. Big deal ... set them u for an Adam V bomb. LOL Now he throws 5 yard passes and would be nothing without Gronk. First 4 games of the year proved that. 

As for Luck , as I've said many times . He's very good but not elite . When the defense stops getting ripped by the good teams , maybe his approach will change ? Dunno.. we'll see. BTW.. I don't recall too many issues he had in college . He probably would have cost about 4 1st rounds picks to draft him. What this thread was about concerned a * saying he's no better than Andy Dalton and that's what I've responded to. 

Come on now. You know Brady led those charges especially the second two when he was a pro bowler. But my overall point was that Brady took Bledsoe's team which we thought was not very good and won titles with them. Transformed Belichick from a below .500 HC into "the genius."

I suppose time with tell with Luck. I see tendencies there that are part of who he is not the team around him. He has a very good offense around him this year and he as reverted back into the turnovers that plagued him his rookie year. And the defense has not been horrible this year. It has performed well given no Mathis, no? And your STs have been the best in the league.

In terms of Dalton. Yes, Luck is better. But their careers and stats have been similar to this point which is what I think Brown was getting at.

Reid should have been fired after losing that game. Why on earth he still had Smith passing with that type of lead was mind boggling.

Yeah ... so we should discount Luck's 2nd half performance. My God .. why don't you go take that MJD guy to a bar , knock down 10 -12 beers and aggravate the patrons there. You people claim he's no better than Andy dalton in the playoffs and then just resort to pure ridiculous , aggravating poop to back it up. The Colts lost to the Pats and Ravens and beat the chief in a game he accepted for 5 TD's. That's better than losing to the Texans twice and Chargers once and playing absolutey horrible in each game. One total TD and like 6-7 ints. He was the cause for all 3 losses. Andrew Luck has been better than Andy Dalton in the playoffs. That's face and if you and the other Pat fan are just trying to incite the Colt fan base by saying differently. You two should really stick to the NFL part of this forum if you are going to post like that.

Because it shows you can be Elite without having great playoff success early in your career, yes?  Shows Andrew Luck is on schedule or ahead of pace, yes?  both could use better teams assembled around them,  but I digress...

So people have gone from making obtuse comparisons between Luck and Dalton, to Luck and Drew freaking Bledsoe?

Just because they have similar names doesn't mean they are anything alike. Because they're nothing alike. Sorry.

Yeah ... so we should discount Luck's 2nd half performance. My God .. why don't you go take that MJD guy to a bar , knock down 10 -12 beers and aggravate the patrons there. You people claim he's no better than Andy dalton in the playoffs and then just resort to pure ridiculous , aggravating poop to back it up. The Colts lost to the Pats and Ravens and beat the chief in a game he accepted for 5 TD's. That's better than losing to the Texans twice and Chargers once and playing absolutey horrible in each game. One total TD and like 6-7 ints. He was the cause for all 3 losses. Andrew Luck has been better than Andy Dalton in the playoffs. That's face and if you and the other Pat fan are just trying to incite the Colt fan base by saying differently. You two should really stick to the NFL part of this forum if you are going to post like that.

To have blown that lead goes squarely on Reid. I am not taking anything away from Luck's comeback, it was great. But really, throwing the ball with a three score lead and a quarter to go? Just horrible, horrible coaching.