Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent would be good with a great O line. Problems is every other back would be great behind that same line.

X's and O's aren't Trent's problem, Trent is Trent's problem. He isn't good at this level. He got benched for poor play then shot his mouth off and decided he would stay home to teach everyone a lesson.

Trent isn't gonna make it in this league, he has no skill and no maturity.

Trent would be good with a great O line. Problems is every other back would be great behind that same line.

X's and O's aren't Trent's problem, Trent is Trent's problem. He isn't good at this level. He got benched for poor play then shot his mouth off and decided he would stay home to teach everyone a lesson.

Trent isn't gonna make it in this league, he has no skill and no maturity.

To be fair, I think he tried to make it to the walkthrough, the meeting room was more than 3 yards away.

A report on ESPN.com talks about the Colts deep unhappiness with Trent.....

Looks like this is headed to a dispute.

Prediction:  The Colts will cut Trent and claim they don't have to pay him,  and the NFLPA will appeal and this will likely go before an arbitrator.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12300689/indianapolis-colts-grew-frustrated-trent-richardson-2014-season-number-incidents

MODS:   I know this is in the Trent file,  but since this just went public, I'm putting this here so everyone can take a look.    If you think it should be moved -- go right ahead.

I don't think its really the weight, the kid simply cant play well, fat or not

He's obviously a disappointment. But he had a couple good games, including the Bengals game. According to this report, it was after his hamstring injury in that game that the weight became an issue. That makes sense. You can't run at all when you're trying to let a hamstring get right. He missed the next game, then came back against the Giants. If his weight and conditioning became a problem, it would make sense that it happened then.

By the way, I'm not trying to defend him or say he should be given another chance. I'm beyond ready for him to go. Just saying, I noticed a difference in him after the Bengals game. He went from a subpar 3.6 yards/carry to an atrocious 2.8 yards/carry after that game.

He's obviously a disappointment. But he had a couple good games, including the Bengals game. According to this report, it was after his hamstring injury in that game that the weight became an issue. That makes sense. You can't run at all when you're trying to let a hamstring get right. He missed the next game, then came back against the Giants. If his weight and conditioning became a problem, it would make sense that it happened then.

By the way, I'm not trying to defend him or say he should be given another chance. I'm beyond ready for him to go. Just saying, I noticed a difference in him after the Bengals game. He went from a subpar 3.6 yards/carry to an atrocious 2.8 yards/carry after that game.

very true, I'm done with him 3.6 YPC is his absolute best, we both can get out there get paid a few million to run 3.6 ypc  :lol:

I still hope he figures things out eventually, I think he finishes the rest of his contract out with the Colts......I really find it hard to believe Grigson will so readily give up on a player he gave up a 1st round pick on with a year left still on his rookie deal....But several things have to happen for Trent to turn it around in my opinion

1.I think he needs to get to around 215-220lbs to gain more burst...He has some(see the 12 yard run week 12 vs the Jags....that came right before the Hilton playaction TD) but he needs more

2.He needs to learn to trust his O Linemen to get there jobs done and stop with the stutter stepping, Lower your pads and run and dance in the open field later

3.This goes along with 2....O Linemen need to execute at a MUCH higher level in the run game, I believe fundamentals were among the biggest reason why we were so poor in the run game

4.Honestly this is not a shot at Pep but I think he can learn some things from the Patriot game in terms of play design in the run game, Wham Blocks killed us vs the Patriots (along with bad tackling....foot diving)

5.I think some plays that are already designed in the run game need tinkered with...specifically ones where uncovered O Linemen bump or help out on a DT/NT instead of creating an immediate hole by getting up on the ILB, Don't worry about helping so much in those instances, create the natural run lane by sending the O Lineman up to the 2nd level instead, Also I saw there were to many times in my opinion we ran to the side of field where the number of defensive players outnumbered offensive players creating easy stops for the defense......How about running where the weakness of the defense is and shifting our TE's to create that.....I think there were times we put ourselves at a disadvantage by shifting our TE's creating numbers in the defenses favor and running into them

4.Honestly this is not a shot at Pep but I think he can learn some things from the Patriot game in terms of play design in the run game, Wham Blocks killed us vs the Patriots (along with bad tackling....foot diving)

We should have done more of the unbalanced line stuff with Allen on the weakside. He got hurt, so we were limited, but that's a really good scheme, and forced a lot of adjustments from defenses. And then you have a "pick your poison" situation, where we can either run it to the strongside where we have extra linemen, or we can counter it back to the weakside. Also, Allen was eligible on a lot of those plays, so the play-action options could be devastating if the defense makes a mistake.

The Eagles gameplan was really good. We missed some opportunities due to turnovers and some poorly executed pass plays, but that easily could have been a 40 point performance with 200+ yards on the ground. Richardson's fumble and Luck's pick were killers.

Look at the double strong stuff the Pats have used in the last two games. It's a similar situation. Make the defense adjust, then go where the numbers tell you to go, execute well, and wait for the defense to make a couple of mistakes (and we made more than a couple). The Pats are getting a lot of credit for their eligible stuff, but Pep was doing some really similar stuff early in the year.

So Trent got benched for his weight, got mad, shot his mouth off to reporters, realized he was about to look like a fool by being benched again, so he did out somewhere and wouldn't answer his phone.

Hospitals have phones, people in hospitals have phones .....

Must have got his phone fixed in time to call the media and claim it was all a family emergency ......

Maybe when Luck upgrades his phone he will let Trent have his trusty flip phone so he can remain in contact with the team.

I'm thinking that while at the hospital the reception was bad on his phone, he asked the nurse about it and she said stand by the window. Trent looked at the window which was 5 yards away. He slowly took his phone, did a little dance then gained 2 yards before falling down when a child running by brushed against him. Trent then picked himself up, ran into the back of a nurse then fell. Looking up he realized that the window was now 7 yards away. He tried one more time but only made it a yard closer. He then walked over to a chair and sat down and waited for someone to punt.

So Trent got benched for his weight, got mad, shot his mouth off to reporters, realized he was about to look like a fool by being benched again, so he did out somewhere and wouldn't answer his phone.

Hospitals have phones, people in hospitals have phones .....

Must have got his phone fixed in time to call the media and claim it was all a family emergency ......

Maybe when Luck upgrades his phone he will let Trent have his trusty flip phone so he can remain in contact with the team.

I'm thinking that while at the hospital the reception was bad on his phone, he asked the nurse about it and she said stand by the window. Trent looked at the window which was 5 yards away. He slowly took his phone, did a little dance then gained 2 yards before falling down when a child running by brushed against him. Trent then picked himself up, ran into the back of a nurse then fell. Looking up he realized that the window was now 7 yards away. He tried one more time but only made it a yard closer. He then walkedI  over to a chair and sat down and waited for someone to punt.

I seriously think Richardson did something to you or a family member of yours, your obsession with trashing the guy is disturbing and this post of yours don't help

I still hope he figures things out eventually, I think he finishes the rest of his contract out with the Colts......I really find it hard to believe Grigson will so readily give up on a player he gave up a 1st round pick on with a year left still on his rookie deal....But several things have to happen for Trent to turn it around in my opinion

1.I think he needs to get to around 215-220lbs to gain more burst...He has some(see the 12 yard run week 12 vs the Jags....that came right before the Hilton playaction TD) but he needs more

2.He needs to learn to trust his O Linemen to get there jobs done and stop with the stutter stepping, Lower your pads and run and dance in the open field later

3.This goes along with 2....O Linemen need to execute at a MUCH higher level in the run game, I believe fundamentals were among the biggest reason why we were so poor in the run game

5.I think some plays that are already designed in the run game need tinkered with...specifically ones where uncovered O Linemen bump or help out on a DT/NT instead of creating an immediate hole by getting up on the ILB, Don't worry about helping so much in those instances, create the natural run lane by sending the O Lineman up to the 2nd level instead, Also I saw there were to many times in my opinion we ran to the side of field where the number of defensive players outnumbered offensive players creating easy stops for the defense......How about running where the weakness of the defense is and shifting our TE's to create that.....I think there were times we put ourselves at a disadvantage by shifting our TE's creating numbers in the defenses favor and running into them

great post

I don't think there is any way the Colts waste another minute on Trent, he's been given every chance in the world, and he's just not an NFL caliber back. He has shown absolutely nothing, unfortunately he's as good (more like as pathetic) as he's ever going to be. He needs no more time to prove that he is one of the biggest bust in NFL history.

The Colts will eat the money and cut Richardson (he's that bad) I just wish they would go ahead and do it, so we don't have to see any more post about how he is going to turn it around next season.

I don't think there is any way the Colts waste another minute on Trent, he's been given every chance in the world, and he's just not an NFL caliber back. He has shown absolutely nothing, unfortunately he's as good (more like as pathetic) as he's ever going to be. He needs no more time to prove that he is one of the biggest bust in NFL history.

The Colts will eat the money and cut Richardson (he's that bad) I just wish they would go ahead and do it, so we don't have to see any more post about how he is going to turn it around next season.

you posted this at 8:37pm....Its now 9:12pm.......That's 35 minutes past your prediction

you posted this at 8:37pm....Its now 9:12pm.......That's 35 minutes past your prediction

He wont be turning anything around, but I'm sure he will be turning over some burgers in his new career, and I too think he will figure things out eventually, and choose Hardees over Mickey D's as the place to flip those burgers. I think Grigson will easily, release a player who will not ever see the field again and instead of using that roster spot on said player, use it for someone who might actually see playing time and help the team out.

1- I'm not sure if he will be better at flipping burgers in the 215-220 range, but as you pointed out he did have a couple of good plays, so maybe being lighter will help his flipping speed.

2-He needs to learn to trust the spatula. Trusting his lineman wouldn't help him at all, he couldn't hit the right hole if you put a flashing light in it.

3- Every back that ran for the Colts executed at a much higher level than Trent did. He's fundamentally horrible, and wasting carries by letting him carry the ball was the biggest reason why the running game was so poor.

4-Even though we got beat 45-7 in the Patriots game, I think Pep did learn that, like in the Broncos game, we are a much better team without Trent and the benching of Trent gave this team a huge lift.

5-I don't think any amount of tinkering or play designs can cover up Trents total lack of talent. I think there were many times this season that we put ourselves at a huge disadvantage by having Trent on the field, and for pretty much the hole regular season we just conceded that we were not going to put up any points every other possession, by letting Trent play every other possession.

3-

He wont be turning anything around, but I'm sure he will be turning over some burgers in his new career, and I too think he will figure things out eventually, and choose Hardees over Mickey D's as the place to flip those burgers. I think Grigson will easily, release a player who will not ever see the field again and instead of using that roster spot on said player, use it for someone who might actually see playing time and help the team out.

1- I'm not sure if he will be better at flipping burgers in the 215-220 range, but as you pointed out he did have a couple of good plays, so maybe being lighter will help his flipping speed.

2-He needs to learn to trust the spatula. Trusting his lineman wouldn't help him at all, he couldn't hit the right hole if you put a flashing light in it.

3- Every back that ran for the Colts executed at a much higher level than Trent did. He's fundamentally horrible, and wasting carries by letting him carry the ball was the biggest reason why the running game was so poor.

4-Even though we got beat 45-7 in the Patriots game, I think Pep did learn that, like in the Broncos game, we are a much better team without Trent and the benching of Trent gave this team a huge lift.

5-I don't think any amount of tinkering or play designs can cover up Trents total lack of talent. I think there were many times this season that we put ourselves at a huge disadvantage by having Trent on the field, and for pretty much the hole regular season we just conceded that we were not going to put up any points every other possession, by letting Trent play every other possession.

3-

I see....so your one of those eh, Ill just save myself the trouble and put you on ignore

NFLPA will protect TRich so he gets his money. Why not keep him, have him lose weight, and keep him for camp? We can still make the moves we need to make this offseason.

Don't be so certain.   I understand his contract has the correct verbage for the Colts to dump him.    

I don't think weight is all there is here.    Even before the weight gain he was obviously not good.    I've never seen a RB go down so easily without falling forward for some gain.