Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

When you have a great line the defense gets tired and when you a guy like t rich pounds and pounds the defense .. Soon the defense will crack and you'll break a big one .. Boom Bradshaw change of pace back t rich is a thumper he gets his speed going and stops at the line cause holes is clogged .. If you watched colts games when the line blocked you'll see him get 5 a clip on every carry .. You'll see what I mean this Sunday when Blount and gray destroy us up the middle .. No tricks here right up the gut.. I hope we don't see that and I hope we win .. I'm not to sure we have the tools to stop them . I hope I'm wrong .. #gocolts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really because this year week 7 or 8 the colts played cincy t rich had 14 touches for 77 yards an 4 catches for 41 yards ? Ppl that stick up for t rich aren't saying he's a superstar . It's just to put some light that he is who we thought he was .. Think of it this way had t rich gotten all the reps and caught those Bradshaw Tds .. We wouldn't have this forum right now . We took away his goal line Tds catching Tds .. He clearly doesn't fit are system . He's not bright he's gained weight to much I think . But he's are starter and we should have stuck with him run him to the ground .. Booms are savior? . Another stat when we ran the ball with trich an brad lucks had great games .

When you have a great line the defense gets tired and when you a guy like t rich pounds and pounds the defense .. Soon the defense will crack and you'll break a big one .. Boom Bradshaw change of pace back t rich is a thumper he gets his speed going and stops at the line cause holes is clogged .. If you watched colts games when the line blocked you'll see him get 5 a clip on every carry .. You'll see what I mean this Sunday when Blount and gray destroy us up the middle .. No tricks here right up the gut.. I hope we don't see that and I hope we win .. I'm not to sure we have the tools to stop them . I hope I'm wrong .. #gocolts

Good god, I'm not even going to waste any more time on this insanity.

Don't have a great line, Trent never pounds anything. He gets the bal, he dances, slowly tries to move forward, runs into his blocker, then is tackled. No pounding.

But he's are starter and we should have stuck with him run him to the ground

Remember the definition of insanity.    You sound insane.   

Oh yeah, he is no longer our starter.   He's 3rd string and soon to be let go.   Good riddance.   I liked the move at first because I thought maybe it was Cleveland having a bad line.   Clearly Cleveland knew something we didn't.   Trent is a bust.

Remember the definition of insanity. You sound insane.

Oh yeah, he is no longer our starter. He's 3rd string and soon to be let go. Good riddance. I liked the move at first because I thought maybe it was Cleveland having a bad line. Clearly Cleveland knew something we didn't. Trent is a bust.

insane .. Lol your the one who thinks Cleveland has a bad line .. They have two probowlers ..

You can't say he's a bust .. He's never been given the keys to the car .. All I wanted to see was him running it 20-25 times a game in one season 300 carries use the guy we wasted a 1 st round pick on him .. So are you telling me that if we draft an rb this year where only gonna run him 12 times a game? Some of you guys probably never played football and some probably did the ones that did know that you get better as the game goes on .. This was his year and Bradshaw stole his thunder took his rec Tds and his goal line Tds he's get that this year there is no boom ..

And I can guarantee in the Bengals game Richardson would not have ran and caught the ball as effectively as Boom. I don't think Boom is great either and Tipton may even be better, but they're both clearly a better choice for us than Richardson. If Boom breaks one tackle here or there vs. the Broncos he could have broke a big gain. We know by now Richardson won't give us that. He's a big slow, hesitant back who likes to dance and lacks power.

And the fact that Boom is still averaging over 4 yards a carry over 100 carries shows consistency to me. Boom only has about 40 less carries than Richardson on the season now, yet he's averaging nearly 1 yard more per rush.

How can you guarantee this? Trent had a better game against the bengals this year averaging 5.5 ypc. The coaches failed to utilize trent once again by not giving him the carries he deserved that game. When he does good they don't give him carries. When the oline doesn't block and he has no where to run this inept coaching staff feeds him the ball.

Just like the Denver games. Trent had a better game aginst them than Boom which everyone fails to see. He may not be the best back but he also hasn't been put in good situations and Boom definitely isn't as good as everyone on this board portrays. We wanted to ground & pound when we have a horrible oline. We wanted to blatantly run on 1st & 2nd downs even when the box was filled. I feel bad for trent. We killed his confidence with poor oline play and horrible coaching.

Zak Keefer@zkeeferFollow

Spoke with Trent Richardson for first time since his benching. He said "he was shocked when he found out, but that game was bigger than me."

7:24 PM - 15 Jan 2015

Point proven. We killed the young man's confidence. This is coming from the Alabama running back that lives for big games. It's messed up but some of you couch potatoes will sit here, type away and talk trash about him.

How can you guarantee this? Trent had a better game against the bengals this year averaging 5.5 ypc. The coaches failed to utilize trent once again by not giving him the carries he deserved that game. When he does good they don't give him carries. When the oline doesn't block and he has no where to run this inept coaching staff feeds him the ball.

Just like the Denver games. Trent had a better game aginst them than Boom which everyone fails to see. He may not be the best back but he also hasn't been put in good situations and Boom definitely isn't as good as everyone on this board portrays. We wanted to ground & pound when we have a horrible oline. We wanted to blatantly run on 1st & 2nd downs even when the box was filled. I feel bad for trent. We killed his confidence with poor oline play and horrible coaching.

That's right none of Trent's failures are his own. They're all the coaches and the offensive lines fault. It has nothing to do with his complete lack of vision, burst, power, speed, acceleration, agility, etc. As for Boom, I don't think anyone claims he's an elite or even great back. He's just much better in this offense than Richardson and that's really obvious to anyone who isn't still delusional about Richardson.

Point proven. We killed the young man's confidence. This is coming from the Alabama running back that lives for big games. It's messed up but some of you couch potatoes will sit here, type away and talk trash about him.

Yes, the fact that he was "shocked" to be inactive proves your point that the Colts killed his confidence. Brilliant.

The only thing that should kill his confidence is seeing RB after RB run effectively behind the same line he can't do diddly poo behind. But from everything I read from Richardson up to the playoffs he still seemed really confident in himself even though he really shouldn't be all that confident in himself.

It's not the Colts organizations job to stroke Richardson's ego. It's their job to get the best players on the field and that's largely why Richardson was inactive last week.

That's right none of Trent's failures are his own. They're all the coaches and the offensive lines fault. It has nothing to do with his complete lack of vision, burst, power, speed, acceleration, agility, etc. As for Boom, I don't think anyone claims he's an elite or even great back. He's just much better in this offense than Richardson and that's really obvious to anyone who isn't still delusional about Richardson.

He obivously makes mistakes. He's human & this is just his 3rd yr in the league. Anyone who is put in the wrong situation is set up to fail.

He obivously makes mistakes. He's human & this is just his 3rd yr in the league. Anyone who is put in the wrong situation is set up to fail.

He will be what, 25 next season. Second contract is where a running back makes his money if he's good. Trent will be at vet minimum if he signs with anybody and he will most likely be cut early in camp.

What makes Trent need coddling when the other backs are out there doing their thing. Guys who didn't get drafted, guys who were drafted late, guys who were shipped around from team to team and playing on the practice squad.

Trent was handed the world on a silver platter and he did nothing with it. He never earned a starting spot anywhere in the NFL. His numbers in Cleveland weren't all that, Ballard put up a better ypc average behind a worse line. Trent ran in some short touchdowns, some of which took him multiple tries to get in.

His weak running style was the same for the Browns as it is now, he stopped and danced and ran into his blockers.

He needs a coach who will dry his tears and tell him he's a good football player ?

This ain't peewee league this is the NFL. Guys cripple themselves to play this game, to try and earn a spot on a roster. Trent's feelings may have been hurt so he can't run no more ?

Well that sucks. Give him a ribbon for participation and send him home.

Poor little fella, he has no confidence. Pagano needs to sit him down before a game and read him The Little Engine That Could.

"just his 3rd yr"??? .... 3 years in the league is an eternity for a RB.  Thats like 5 - 6 years for most other positions. 3 years has traditionally been the unwritten rule for how long it takes a WR to get up to speed, and many teams/coaches seem to be expecting receivers to perform in year one and two now.  If they are going to set those <3 yr expectations on WR ( A much harder college to pro transition), than you are delusional if you think they are going to give a RB 3 years to develop.  If Trent hasn't figured it by now he likely never will, his hand holding days are through ... as is likely his chance of ever being a starting RB in the NFL.

He will be what, 25 next season. Second contract is where a running back makes his money if he's good. Trent will be at vet minimum if he signs with anybody and he will most likely be cut early in camp.

What makes Trent need coddling when the other backs are out there doing their thing. Guys who didn't get drafted, guys who were drafted late, guys who were shipped around from team to team and playing on the practice squad.

Trent was handed the world on a silver platter and he did nothing with it. He never earned a starting spot anywhere in the NFL. His numbers in Cleveland weren't all that, Ballard put up a better ypc average behind a worse line. Trent ran in some short touchdowns, some of which took him multiple tries to get in.

His weak running style was the same for the Browns as it is now

What running backs are doing there thing? Please don't say Boom or Tipton lol. And you want to bring up when he was w the browns? He actually did pretty damn good w the browns. Close to 1000 yards, 51 catches w a total of 12 tds. That's his rookie year without a qb. All teams had to do was focus on Trent and he still ran well behind a decent to good offensive line.

"just his 3rd yr"??? .... 3 years in the league is an eternity for a RB. Thats like 5 - 6 years for most other positions. 3 years has traditionally been the unwritten rule for how long it takes a WR to get up to speed, and many teams/coaches seem to be expecting receivers to perform in year one and two now. If they are going to set those <3 yr expectations on WR ( A much harder college to pro transition), than you are delusional if you think they are going to give a RB 3 years to develop. If Trent hasn't figured it by now he likely never will, his hand holding days are through ... as is likely his chance of ever being a starting RB in the NFL.

You are one of the people that obviously doesn't know a thing about football. Football is a team sport. Coaching and offensive line played a big role w trent. Once again I'm not saying trent is great by any means but if you actually watched the Colts games you would know why he didn't have great success.

You are one of the people that obviously doesn't know a thing about football. Football is a team sport. Coaching and offensive line played a big role w trent. Once again I'm not saying trent is great by any means but if you actually watched the Colts games you would know why he didn't have great success.

Cuz he isn't very good.

Yes, me and the majority of Colts fans, as well as former players/football analysts the majority of which have labeled Trent a bust know nothing about football ... while you and a handful of Trent Richardson excuse makers are the football experts.

Let's assume that even though they are the Browns they employ some people who know football ... they noticed Trent was a bust after one season and unloaded him.

Let's also assume the Colts personnel know football, yet they have continually reduced his role to nearly non-existent ... even Grigson who made the horrible trade isn't that adamant in his defense of Richardson any more ... So they also seem to see Trent isn't as advertised.

Yeah I think I am ok being lumped in with all the detractors, rather than you and a couple other people who seem determined to defend Trent until he has played himself out of the league.  I have yet to figure out why you guys are so determined to defend him when it is so painfully obvious to the rest of the football world he's a bust.

Coaching and offensive line play play a big role in many players performance ... but Trent seems to be one of the only ones who couldn't even manage to be mediocre. While the OL obviously had it problems, how many obvious holes, cut backs, chances to bounce it outside did Trent miss ??? I lost count!  And the whole "not enough time with the playbook excuse" Don't tell you bought that load of bull.  :lol:

I watched all the Colts games and outside a few plays I saw why "he didn't have great success"; because he is a player with no burst, no vision, no improvisation skills, and a lack of power given his size. Most of which he is unlikely to develop at this stage of the game.

I have also went back and watched several games, and many of his plays while with Cleveland; his play did not match his stats ... he was mediocre at Cleveland as well ... Cleveland realized this, why do you think they traded him and those "great stats"; because they wanted to get something for him before other teams saw him for what he was.

LOL!  First time I opened this thread.  It's hilarious.  Anyway, I wanted to give props to TR on how he handled being inactive for the Denver game.  It showed a lot about the guy's character, especially the way he's getting pilloried.  He tried his best and it didn't work.  There are worse crimes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/16/trent-richardson-vows-he-wont-be-inactive-again-though-it-may-happen-sunday/

There's that lack of confidence.

Ever work with a guy who thinks he's great at his job, but isn't. The guy who thinks the company would fold without him ? The guy who does very little all day long, and complains about being overworked and underpaid ?

The guy who doesn't ever achieve anything but thinks that people who do must be suck ups ?

I guess guys like that are everywhere.

I would find it .....alarming if he isn't active and playing Sunday. He has to be better than the no-name we just signed, or at least more familiar with the playbook. I would think it dangerous to sit him, in respect to Herron getting injured. I'm fine with calling him a bust at this point, but no is not the time to take risks, and not having RB's who know their protections kinda spooks me a little. 

insane .. Lol your the one who thinks Cleveland has a bad line .. They have two probowlers ..

You misread my post.    I said that I liked the trade because I thought maybe it was just because Cleveland had a bad line being the reason he sucked so bad.    I was wrong.   It wasn't Clevelands line.   It was Trent.  

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.    That's what you said you want the Colts to do with him.    Keep running his 3 YPC until he can get a big run.   In his top 3 carry games this season, he didn't get better as the game went on.  

I would find it .....alarming if he isn't active and playing Sunday. He has to be better than the no-name we just signed, or at least more familiar with the playbook. I would think it dangerous to sit him, in respect to Herron getting injured. I'm fine with calling him a bust at this point, but no is not the time to take risks, and not having RB's who know their protections kinda spooks me a little.

What would be the difference from last week ? Both situations are the same really, you lose and you're done.

If they were willing to pull him last week then I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to do it again.

If it gets down to the 3rd string back, Hill or whatever his name is, then you probably have worked on a limited set of plays with him during the week so that he has some down. You aren't gonna throw the playbook at him and say learn it all by next week, but he could learn a few. Tipton and Boom should be familiar enough with the playbook so unless you lose both of them you probably aren't gonna see the 3rd string back.

I just don't like how Trent has never once said he is responsible for his own woes. Last season he didn't know the playbook and was trying to do too much ..

He needs to be honest and say he isn't living up to expectations and is gonna have to do a lot of work to change that, not make a statement that sounded like a thinly veiled threat that he won't be benched again.

You misread my post.    I said that I liked the trade because I thought maybe it was just because Cleveland had a bad line being the reason he sucked so bad.    I was wrong.   It wasn't Clevelands line.   It was Trent.  

I must say I was right there with you. and even after last season, I thought with him working with Edge and learning the playbook that he'd bust out this year with some decent numbers. I mean his YPC did improve, just not much and he's being bettered by a 3rd and 4th and 5th string RB....guys that werent even on the first 53 roster out of camp........that says something.

Okay I'm not gonna wait for everybody who thinks Boom is soooooo much better.  Take away his 49 yard TD run earlier in the season and he has a 3.8 on the verge of 3.9 YPC.  lmao you fools still think it's Trent.  Your beloved Boom Herron had a 2.7 YPC against the Broncos on the big stage lmao you still think he's so good, and I haven't heard 1 thing about that lol.  People are so funny at times, I can't help to SMH at the people who love to hate, or simply looks at certain stats to say Boom is so much better than Trent.  If you look hard enough, you will always find a point to back up your hypothesis!

When can you guys finally accept it's the OL.  Take your own advice, when you say give it up Trent sucks, but also apply that logic to the OL.  Cool, the pass blocking has been great this postseason, but don't try to use that arguement with the run game, because it is still polar opposites.  I don't know why people are still arguing this topic.  Most of you got what you wanted, Trent benched, but does it really make that much of a difference?

Okay I'm not gonna wait for everybody who thinks Boom is soooooo much better. Take away his 49 yard TD run earlier in the season and he has a 3.8 on the verge of 3.9 YPC. lmao you fools still think it's Trent. Your beloved Boom Herron had a 2.7 YPC against the Broncos on the big stage lmao you still think he's so good, and I haven't heard 1 thing about that lol. People are so funny at times, I can't help to SMH at the people who love to hate, or simply looks at certain stats to say Boom is so much better than Trent. If you look hard enough, you will always find a point to back up your hypothesis!

When can you guys finally accept it's the OL. Take your own advice, when you say give it up Trent sucks, but also apply that logic to the OL. Cool, the pass blocking has been great this postseason, but don't try to use that arguement with the run game, because it is still polar opposites. I don't know why people are still arguing this topic. Most of you got what you wanted, Trent benched, but does it really make that much of a difference?

"See guys, if we take away all of Boom's good plays, he's only a little bit better than TRich!"

Okay I'm not gonna wait for everybody who thinks Boom is soooooo much better. Take away his 49 yard TD run earlier in the season and he has a 3.8 on the verge of 3.9 YPC. lmao you fools still think it's Trent. Your beloved Boom Herron had a 2.7 YPC against the Broncos on the big stage lmao you still think he's so good, and I haven't heard 1 thing about that lol. People are so funny at times, I can't help to SMH at the people who love to hate, or simply looks at certain stats to say Boom is so much better than Trent. If you look hard enough, you will always find a point to back up your hypothesis!

When can you guys finally accept it's the OL. Take your own advice, when you say give it up Trent sucks, but also apply that logic to the OL. Cool, the pass blocking has been great this postseason, but don't try to use that arguement with the run game, because it is still polar opposites. I don't know why people are still arguing this topic. Most of you got what you wanted, Trent benched, but does it really make that much of a difference?

Take away Boom's 49 yard run (which is only 20 (?) yards longer than Richardson's long run in his NFL career) and Boom would still be averaging over half a yard more per carry than Richardson this year. Not only is taking away carries *ic on its face but your attempt still has Boom averaging nearly 4 YPC, which is much better than what your client has ever done.