Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, how many snaps do you think he would've had this past season if one of those guys were the coach? I think they either would've cut him or traded him for whatever pick they could get during training camp. That in my opinion is the biggest difference between who's playing this wk, and who's watching.

Im listening to Peter King talking about Pete Carroll's competition Wednesdays and what he witnessed. Im in awe.

This diatribe you are on is nonsense.

I read a report somewhere in the last couple of weeks (maybe Kravitz) that said they looked into cutting Richardson mid-season but the cap penalties prevented it.  And the notion that you think trading was an option, even remote, just shows to not take anything you say to seriously because it is most likely wrong. 

This diatribe you are on is nonsense.

I read a report somewhere in the last couple of weeks (maybe Kravitz) that said they looked into cutting Richardson mid-season but the cap penalties prevented it. And the notion that you think trading was an option, even remote, just shows to not take anything you say to seriously because it is most likely wrong.

They could've traded him for a late rnd pick in the preseason. Someone would've bit. They played him because of the GM and the pick that was given for him. The point was, he wouldn't had played as long as he did.

They could've traded him for a late rnd pick in the preseason. Someone would've bit. They played him because of the GM and the pick that was given for him. The point was, he wouldn't had played as long as he did.

I hated the trade but if anyone would have traded for him they would have been NUTS

Honestly, how many snaps do you think he would've had this past season if one of those guys were the coach? I think they either would've cut him or traded him for whatever pick they could get during training camp. That in my opinion is the biggest difference between who's playing this wk, and who's watching.

Im listening to Peter King talking about Pete Carroll's competition Wednesdays and what he witnessed. Im in awe.

Here's what you constantly forget....

The Big Picture.

There weren't better options.

2013:   Donald Brown had shown he was not an every down back,  and that he couldn't stay healthy being the main guy.  Bradshaw was hurt early and so was Ballard.    TR had to carry the load as the #1.    But when we got to the playoffs, and TR fumbled, out he went. 

2014:   Brown is gone,  Ballard gets hurt, and Bradshaw can't be the number one because he gets hurt.   So Trent is the 1 with  Bradshaw the 2.    When Bradshaw gets hurt,  Boom comes in and proceeds to do what he's done in practice.   Fumble.   Think he fumbles 3 times in his first two games.   Once Boom showed he could hold on to the ball,  he played more and more.   He didn't start,  but he got the most meaningful snaps.   The important down and distance snaps.   And when  Trent had some other issues (health)  Tipton got snaps and Trent was sat down.

You seem to make everything Pagano's fault.   There's Grigson, whose job it is to get talent.   And there's the OC, who has to use the players properly.   And the RB's coach, who has to get the most out of his players.     This is not all about Pagano.    In all likelihood,  this issue is over.    In all likelihood,  Trent is done in Indy.    And that comes despite the fact that the Colts may have to eat nearly $3.2 Million dollars, if it turns out they can't get out from his guaranteed contract.

The Trent era is over.....   move on.    If you can't see the benefits of Pagano,  that's on you.   If you think this team is only Andrew Luck,  then that's on you.

You have absolutely no idea of that being true.  None.

1) They likely couldn't have traded him midseason, for anything. There were a handful of veteran RBs that got waived and moved around all season long, and any team would have waited for one of them rather than giving up something -- anything -- of value for Richardson. You're making this up.

2) Richardson was never impressive this season, but he started off better than he finished, by a long shot. As a tandem with Bradshaw, he was somewhat decent. The "hair on fire" revisionist history is inaccurate.

3) This is actually working out pretty well for the Colts. He burned himself, and now, evidently, the team can get out of his guaranteed contract. 

All the other rbs we had looked giod behind this horrible line. The point was, those coaches are not playing lesser players to save face. They create an atmosphere of competition daily. Thats why theyre in the Super Bowl

Are you seeing things I'm not?

What running backs looked good behind this line? None. Did they look okay? Yes! Not good though... I'm just comparing to the rest of the league.

Besides... 70% or more were pass catching out of the backfield, not running the ball.

Belicheck not so much

This is the sane coach that benched a RB for missing a practice after his career day against us.

So you are in awe with Pete Carroll? That's nice. Is this the best subject for a thread you could come up with?

A couple factors in play here...     BB and Pete Carroll are ESTABLISHED.     They call the shots period.   

Grigs and.....     chuck.     Are trying to make their "BONES" in the league.   And they simply tried to "save face" for way too long.  

BB and or Carroll       would not have traded for a T Rich,and if they did ...      It would have been a VERY SHORT STAY.  

BB and Carroll were once YOUNG NFL coaches.    And Both were really very unsuccessful the first go around.   

Live and learn...    I like Grigs and have total faith in the GM, the coach?   .............    I am not feeling the same.       Next year will tell the tale.    HUGE season for Chuck..    As far as Grigs,  It is year 3 off a 2 win season..   I think he is doing "good enough" ...  

A couple factors in play here...     BB and Pete Carroll are ESTABLISHED.     They call the shots period.   

Grigs and.....     chuck.     Are trying to make their "BONES" in the league.   And they simply tried to "save face" for way too long.  

BB and or Carroll       would not have traded for a T Rich,and if they did ...      It would have been a VERY SHORT STAY.  

BB and Carroll were once YOUNG NFL coaches.    And Both were really very unsuccessful the first go around.   

Live and learn...    I like Grigs and have total faith in the GM, the coach?   .............    I am not feeling the same.       Next year will tell the tale.    HUGE season for Chuck..    As far as Grigs,  It is year 3 off a 2 win season..   I think he is doing "good enough" ...  

I don't think they were trying to save face. I think they were trying to make him work. They benched him at the end of last year. They had him sharing time with Bradshaw early in the year, with Bradshaw getting the most important touches... Then they started phasing him out as the season went on.

Maybe they were hoping to be somewhat vindicated, but I really just think it was about football. A lot of people wanted Richardson benched and never heard from again, and they didn't do that, obviously, but they did limit his time on the field. 

JMO

I think it is safe to say ...    Trent was given EVERY CHANCE IN THE WORLD TO SUCCEED IN INDY.   And * it down his britches.  

He just blew it.    A lot of rumors floating around about Trent being "overweight" and "out of shape"    UGHHHHH   Seriously?   Cleveland paying all that "up front" money may have been the death nail for Indy in this deal.      Dude got his all up front. 

TR's play at Bama was not an illusion.    It really happened.     And he nearly beat out Ingram for the starting job in Ingram's HT year.    Just really sad.    I think Trent has the  natural ability...    But he is "rich and fat" ...   I guess it will be another Ricky Williams situation.    Dude goes broke and ....  all of a sudden...  in shape and BALLING for ANOTHER team.

Oh well..         GL  TR... 

I don't think they were trying to save face. I think they were trying to make him work. They benched him at the end of last year. They had him sharing time with Bradshaw early in the year, with Bradshaw getting the most important touches... Then they started phasing him out as the season went on.

Maybe they were hoping to be somewhat vindicated, but I really just think it was about football. A lot of people wanted Richardson benched and never heard from again, and they didn't do that, obviously, but they did limit his time on the field. 

JMO

I think it is safe to say ...    Trent was given EVERY CHANCE IN THE WORLD TO SUCCEED IN INDY.   And * it down his britches.  

He just blew it.    A lot of rumors floating around about Trent being "overweight" and "out of shape"    UGHHHHH   Seriously?   Cleveland paying all that "up front" money may have been the death nail for Indy in this deal.      Dude got his all up front. 

TR's play at Bama was not an illusion.    It really happened.     And he nearly beat out Ingram for the starting job in Ingram's HT year.    Just really sad.    I think Trent has the  natural ability...    But he is "rich and fat" ...   I guess it will be another Ricky Williams situation.    Dude goes broke and ....  all of a sudden...  in shape and BALLING for ANOTHER team.

Oh well..         GL  TR... 

Maybe. There was a Browns veteran who said something like 'Trent has some things to learn about being a pro.' That was around the time of the trade, can't remember if it was before or after. To find out that he's lazy and entitled wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world.

Pete Carroll put up with Reggie Bush's parents living in a million dollar home on their minimum wage salaries while he was at USC.

So I'm guessing he'd put up with anything that helps him win and has a blind eye either way.

Don't we have an "everything Trent" thread? Is there a need to start another one?

Pete Carroll put up with Reggie Bush's parents living in a million dollar home on their minimum wage salaries while he was at USC.

So I'm guessing he'd put up with anything that helps him win and has a blind eye either way.

Don't we have an "everything Trent" thread? Is there a need to start another one?

Wasn't Reggie Bush super productive at USC? Isn't that more of the point?

Also, you're right, this is getting merged now.

Merging.

Are you seeing things I'm not?

What running backs looked good behind this line? None. Did they look okay? Yes! Not good though... I'm just comparing to the rest of the league.

Besides... 70% or more were pass catching out of the backfield, not running the ball.

Boom, Tipton and Bradshaw all looked better than Richardson was my point.

Here's what you constantly forget....

The Big Picture.

There weren't better options.

2013:   Donald Brown had shown he was not an every down back,  and that he couldn't stay healthy being the main guy.  Bradshaw was hurt early and so was Ballard.    TR had to carry the load as the #1.    But when we got to the playoffs, and TR fumbled, out he went. 

2014:   Brown is gone,  Ballard gets hurt, and Bradshaw can't be the number one because he gets hurt.   So Trent is the 1 with  Bradshaw the 2.    When Bradshaw gets hurt,  Boom comes in and proceeds to do what he's done in practice.   Fumble.   Think he fumbles 3 times in his first two games.   Once Boom showed he could hold on to the ball,  he played more and more.   He didn't start,  but he got the most meaningful snaps.   The important down and distance snaps.   And when  Trent had some other issues (health)  Tipton got snaps and Trent was sat down.

You seem to make everything Pagano's fault.   There's Grigson, whose job it is to get talent.   And there's the OC, who has to use the players properly.   And the RB's coach, who has to get the most out of his players.     This is not all about Pagano.    In all likelihood,  this issue is over.    In all likelihood,  Trent is done in Indy.    And that comes despite the fact that the Colts may have to eat nearly $3.2 Million dollars, if it turns out they can't get out from his guaranteed contract.

The Trent era is over.....   move on.    If you can't see the benefits of Pagano,  that's on you.   If you think this team is only Andrew Luck,  then that's on you.

You Pagano defenders bring up the team' s record like no other coach would have the same record w/ this team and Andrew Luck. If you give Andrew Luck to any team in the AFC south and the colts take that team's qb, then whatever team Luck is on will be division champs and probably have the same record or better.

Wasn't Reggie Bush super productive at USC? Isn't that more of the point?

Also, you're right, this is getting merged now.

No, I had no point other than saying that Carroll isn't exactly a beacon for fairness. He was a big cheater and was never punished by the NFL. Yet Tressel was suspended.

I'm going to have a hard time with this SB rooting against both teams.

No, I had no point other than saying that Carroll isn't exactly a beacon for fairness. He was a big cheater and was never punished by the NFL. Yet Tressel was suspended.

I'm going to have a hard time with this SB rooting against both teams.

I forgot that you're an Ohio State fan. Tressel was proved to have directly lied about and covered up what Pryor (and others) did. He even admitted to it.

Setting aside how you obviously feel about Pete Carroll, that situation has nothing to do with how his players compete at practice.

I forgot that you're an Ohio State fan. Tressel was proved to have directly lied about and covered up what Pryor (and others) did. He even admitted to it.

Setting aside how you obviously feel about Pete Carroll, that situation has nothing to do with how his players compete at practice.

Not exactly the Tressel story, but I don't want to go into it. I will say that if you look into both coaches you'll see that SweaterVest is a much more honorable man than Carroll.

We don't know what was going on with Trent. The OP was implying that our coaches put up with something that those two coaches wouldn't. He may be right about BB, but I don't give Carroll credit for anything.

Not exactly the Tressel story, but I don't want to go into it. I will say that if you look into both coaches you'll see that SweaterVest is a much more honorable man than Carroll.

We don't know what was going on with Trent. The OP was implying that our coaches put up with something that those two coaches wouldn't. He may be right about BB, but I don't give Carroll credit for anything.

We can fill in the blank spaces, but that's the long and short of it.

I'll leave it to others to determine who the more honorable man is. I didn't think the topic was talking about honor. I thought it was talking about competition. In other words, Trent would have been benched sooner for lack of production, not because of locker room stuff. I don't know if that's 100% true, but that was the point.

We can fill in the blank spaces, but that's the long and short of it.

I'll leave it to others to determine who the more honorable man is. I didn't think the topic was talking about honor. I thought it was talking about competition. In other words, Trent would have been benched sooner for lack of production, not because of locker room stuff. I don't know if that's 100% true, but that was the point.

Fair enough. I'll leave it to others to decide who would have done what when. It's over, I've moved on. I'm more interested in how we can take the next step.

Dang, I somehow fell into the Trent vortex!