Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still a Trent fan, but do realize he is a let down.  Although, I do blame part of it on the OL, but he has his own issues.  I like getting on this thread and making sarcastic statement every so often just to raise eyebrows lol

trent will be great when he has a run blocking line to open lanes

NFLPA will protect TRich so he gets his money. Why not keep him, have him lose weight, and keep him for camp? We can still make the moves we need to make this offseason.

I disagree.  It was wrote into his contract and he signed the paper.  If the NFLPA can void a contract because it hurts the player to not do what he agreed to, then why have contracts at all?  

I disagree. It was wrote into his contract and he signed the paper. If the NFLPA can void a contract because it hurts the player to not do what he agreed to, then why have contracts at all?

Regardless of the language in his contract. Colts have to pay him. He will be protected by the NFLPA. They'll cut their loses or make him lose weight and keep him for his last year on the contract.

He just showed up at my house and raided my fridge.

It's ok though, he didn't get away with it. Once he got to the hallway he danced around and missed the doorway. Ran right into the wall. and now he's unconscious on my floor.

Help, anyone?

Just surround him with road cones. When he wakes up he'll just bump into one and fall down again.

That's how it's going to work. They're going to have to pay him.

Not if the NFLPA can't establsih that the suspension constituted an act which did not void the fully guaranteed contract.  The fact is, if the contract states that the guaranteed portion is void in the event the player gets suspended for X, Y, or Z, and that provision is permissible under the CBA, then when Trent gets suspended for X, Y, or Z, that guaranteed portion is void. 

The all powerful NFLPA lol

The NFLPA isn't that powerful. The Patriots appear to be getting back their guaranteed money from the Hernandez contract. If the contract has this language -- Mark Dominik called it "strong" language -- and Richardson's suspension was legitimate, then I don't know what room there is for an argument. Lawyers always make it interesting, and I expect the team to not get credit for the $3.18m until after the issue has been resolved, but I think they'll ultimately get the credit.

The NFLPA isn't that powerful. The Patriots appear to be getting back their guaranteed money from the Hernandez contract. If the contract has this language -- Mark Dominik called it "strong" language -- and Richardson's suspension was legitimate, then I don't know what room there is for an argument. Lawyers always make it interesting, and I expect the team to not get credit for the $3.18m until after the issue has been resolved, but I think they'll ultimately get the credit.

That's why put the lol

They would most likely make the argument that that the suspension wasn't legitimate.   If there was a true family emergency they might be justified in making that argument.

They would most likely make the argument that that the suspension wasn't legitimate. If there was a true family emergency they might be justified in making that argument.

Based on what we know, which is very little, that's probably their best argument. But even then, he wasn't suspended for missing walkthrough or the plane. He was suspended for not informing the team, and this was reportedly just the latest in a series of infractions.

After watching this , and this is my first time watching his Browns highlights. Makes me wonder if it's the weight, or our oline flat out isn't as good as the Browns o line. What I see here is him hitting the holes, and running with aggression , and he looks more elusive and lighter. What a a head scratcher !!!http://youtu.be/Hk2N0-Uvyt8

There are also highlight reels of Larwence Phillips, Ryan Leaf and Ki-Janna Carter.

Regardless of the language in his contract. Colts have to pay him. He will be protected by the NFLPA. They'll cut their loses or make him lose weight and keep him for his last year on the contract.

what are you talking about?   "Regardless of the language in his contract".....  uhh... if the language in contracts doesnt matter, then why have a contract.  If the contract says he can be cut with no cap penalty if he was suspended, then he can be cut with no cap penalty because he was suspended.  END OF STORY

now, the Colts already fired their RB coach, and we have seen guys come out on top after facing more adversity than TRich is so.......... the Colts may choose to keep him and hope he rebounds BUT the absolutely have the option to cut ties at no expense if it is in his contract THAT HE AND HIS AGENT CHOSE TO HAVE HIM SIGN

Based on what we know, which is very little, that's probably their best argument. But even then, he wasn't suspended for missing walkthrough or the plane. He was suspended for not informing the team, and this was reportedly just the latest in a series of infractions.

In the business world, just like I'm sure in a professional organization like the Colts we have a paper trail for these indiscretions. You get brought in on the "carpet" so to speak there is documentation for everything. I'm sure if he has had issues with the Colts since being here there is documentation for all of it. This will come down to whether the Colts legal team feels they have enough to warrant getting out of his contract (as seems to be the case) or not enough to stand up. From the undertones it sounds like they will part ways and attempt to show they have just cause for denying him the money. It will go before an arbitrator I'm sure but if Trent has a history that those on the inside are saying he has...it should all be in black and white and the Colts should be covered.

Either way I 100% believe Trent has suited up for the last time with us. My gut says we get out of his contract too.

In the business world, just like I'm sure in a professional organization like the Colts we have a paper trail for these indiscretions. You get brought in on the "carpet" so to speak there is documentation for everything. I'm sure if he has had issues with the Colts since being here there is documentation for all of it. This will come down to whether the Colts legal team feels they have enough to warrant getting out of his contract (as seems to be the case) or not enough to stand up. From the undertones it sounds like they will part ways and attempt to show they have just cause for denying him the money. It will go before an arbitrator I'm sure but if Trent has a history that those on the inside are saying he has...it should all be in black and white and the Colts should be covered.

Either way I 100% believe Trent has suited up for the last time with us. My gut says we get out of his contract too.

That's exactly what I think happens. I thought he'd be waived when I heard he didn't go to New England, before the possibility of getting out of the $3.2m was even reported. If we can void the guarantee, even better.

Well, I'm going to go against the general flow here.  I would not be waiving Trent yet--I see the main reason why everyone is calling him a bust is that he cost us a 1st rd pick.  If we had paid a 3rd or 4th pick for him, no one would be complaining.  I have seen some describe him as the worst player in NFL history--what rubbish.  You don't run 970yrds in your rookie season if you're crap.  Looking at this year's RB, are there really any candidates who would be great successes at the Colts--assuming they fell to us.  If Trent can lose that extra 14lb he has put on, he remains one of the best blocking backs in the NFL--another weapon to protect our franchise QB.  Play him, not as your #1 running back, but as blocker in the backfield.  For variety, throw to him as well.  Are there any worthwhile RB in FA (don't cost the earth) that would be any better in this role--I don't think so.

Well, I'm going to go against the general flow here.  I would not be waiving Trent yet--I see the main reason why everyone is calling him a bust is that he cost us a 1st rd pick.  If we had paid a 3rd or 4th pick for him, no one would be complaining.  I have seen some describe him as the worst player in NFL history--what rubbish.  You don't run 970yrds in your rookie season if you're crap.  Looking at this year's RB, are there really any candidates who would be great successes at the Colts--assuming they fell to us.  If Trent can lose that extra 14lb he has put on, he remains one of the best blocking backs in the NFL--another weapon to protect our franchise QB.  Play him, not as your #1 running back, but as blocker in the backfield.  For variety, throw to him as well.  Are there any worthwhile RB in FA (don't cost the earth) that would be any better in this role--I don't think so.

The main reason people complain about trent is because he sucks.

good post, I agree

3.6 ypc is what Trent mustered behind a good line in Cleveland. He almost got 1000 yards ..... He was handed the ball a lot.

His Cleveland highlights are about 5 seconds long. He was almost average in Cleveland.

Behind the Colts less talented line he is well below average. Outperformed by everyone who plays the position.

The higher you are chosen in the draft means the higher the expectations are gonna be. Trent would have been a bust if he had been taken anywhere in the first 5 rounds, the last 2 rounds are where players of his talent are taken and usually cut early or sent to the practice squad.

The fact remains though that Trent has been a bust as a first round pick twice, which is no easy task.

Cleveland was ready to move him after only one season at a huge discount, and now after 2 seasons Indy is willing to admit defeat and just cut him.

That's 2 teams who have decided he is not good enough to be on their roster.

2 teams that can't really run the ball well, but feel that Trent is not helping improve the situation.

No other player had been given as many excuses as Trent has been given. The playbook was hard to learn .... Everyone else has always learned it before and after Trent received his copy.

Too many cordnators in 2 years ..... Is that why he dances and moves slow ?

He lost his confidence ..... He talks a good game for a guy with no confidence. He was gonna jump in the dawg pound and tear it up his last 4 games, neither happened.

He just isn't any good. Too slow to get around the outside, too hesitant and weak to plow through the middle, no vision, no ability to improvise, not even slightly elusive ( though he does dance like he believes he's Barry Sanders), he has nothing to build off of.

He can block ...... So can a ton of other running backs who can also run. He can catch .... So can over half the NFL running backs, and they can run also.

Trent will never be even a 1/4 of what he was in college. He is a bust.

I had hoped he would come to Indy and be what he was hyped up to be, the next Adrian Peterson, but he wasn't. He was bad, and he didn't improve at all during his first season in Indy. I knew that he was a bust at that point because if he had any potential to be great he would have shown at least some glimpses during his first season as a Colt, but he showed nothing. This past season he once again showed nothing, he talked some trash, but he never backed anything up.

3.6 ypc is what Trent mustered behind a good line in Cleveland. He almost got 1000 yards ..... He was handed the ball a lot.

His Cleveland highlights are about 5 seconds long. He was almost average in Cleveland.

Behind the Colts less talented line he is well below average. Outperformed by everyone who plays the position.

The higher you are chosen in the draft means the higher the expectations are gonna be. Trent would have been a bust if he had been taken anywhere in the first 5 rounds, the last 2 rounds are where players of his talent are taken and usually cut early or sent to the practice squad.

The fact remains though that Trent has been a bust as a first round pick twice, which is no easy task.

Cleveland was ready to move him after only one season at a huge discount, and now after 2 seasons Indy is willing to admit defeat and just cut him.

That's 2 teams who have decided he is not good enough to be on their roster.

2 teams that can't really run the ball well, but feel that Trent is not helping improve the situation.

No other player had been given as many excuses as Trent has been given. The playbook was hard to learn .... Everyone else has always learned it before and after Trent received his copy.

Too many cordnators in 2 years ..... Is that why he dances and moves slow ?

He lost his confidence ..... He talks a good game for a guy with no confidence. He was gonna jump in the dawg pound and tear it up his last 4 games, neither happened.

He just isn't any good. Too slow to get around the outside, too hesitant and weak to plow through the middle, no vision, no ability to improvise, not even slightly elusive ( though he does dance like he believes he's Barry Sanders), he has nothing to build off of.

He can block ...... So can a ton of other running backs who can also run. He can catch .... So can over half the NFL running backs, and they can run also.

Trent will never be even a 1/4 of what he was in college. He is a bust.

I had hoped he would come to Indy and be what he was hyped up to be, the next Adrian Peterson, but he wasn't. He was bad, and he didn't improve at all during his first season in Indy. I knew that he was a bust at that point because if he had any potential to be great he would have shown at least some glimpses during his first season as a Colt, but he showed nothing. This past season he once again showed nothing, he talked some trash, but he never backed anything up.

You write so much over a player that doesn't even matter anymore. Goodness gracious lol

Had we given up a 3rd or 4th we would still have gotten fleeced, he hasn't played to the level of an undrafted free agent, much less any draft pick, 5th,6th or even a 7th. He is nowhere near being one of the best blocking backs in the NFL. the Colts alone in Bradshaw and Ballard have two backs that are much better blockers. IT's a fact that Trent is the second worst back in the history of the Nfl with at least 500 carries. There are many backs that could give you more than Trent, the shorter question would be are there any backs that could give you less than Trent. There is absolutely no reason to bring Trent back, and with what happened at the end of the season, it shows that it has a lot to do with Trents attitude and lack of heart, that along with his lack of talent, screams cut this guy.

who was the last Indy RB who ran for 970yrds in his rookie season?

He wasn't very impressive in his rookie year (with Cleveland) with a much better line, and has been on a constant downslide ever since. What he did three years ago (with Cleveland) has nothing to do with what he can't do now.

You are forgetting the other issue.   $$$$$     The guy is due big money for next year.   If the Colts have an out, they would be crazy not to use it.  

Trent was making Heron type of money, I wouldn't totally mind keeping him another year.   It is a bad decision to keep a bad RB on the roster and pay him big money.  

Has this been posted ?

Sources tell the Indianapolis Star Trent Richardson's absence from the Colts' walk-through and team flight before the AFC Championship Game was due to "serious complications" with his girlfriend's pregnancy.

Per the sources, T-Rich's girlfriend was "experiencing contractions and appeared to be in premature labor at just 28 weeks of pregnancy." That would certainly be a valid reason to miss a walk-through, but sources say T-Rich didn't alert the team in a "timely manner." It's an important issue, as Richardson's resulting suspension means his fully guaranteed $3.184 million for 2015 could be voided. If the Colts take that step, they'll undoubtedly have a fight on their hands.