Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans Colts Predictions

danlhart87

I think the Titans win it. 

We have a chance if the defense plays like they did against the Chiefs, but I expect another bumbling performance from the offense.
  JT will get shut down again and Matt will have to make something happen. I doubt Reich knows how to take advantage of defenses who blitz a lot - he has shown very little so far. 

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I think the Titans win it. 

We have a chance if the defense plays like they did against the Chiefs, but I expect another bumbling performance from the offense.
  JT will get shut down again and Matt will have to make something happen. I doubt Reich knows how to take advantage of defenses who blitz a lot - he has shown very little so far. 

Forgot we had homefield. 

It’s going to be VERY close. Not sure who wins it, but the offense will have to start scoring more than 20 pts. 

To me, this is a make or break game.  If the Colts are to actually turn this season around and make a legit push for playoff contention, the Colts MUST beat the Titans this coming Sunday.  I feel like if the Colts lose this week, they are just done for the year, left to wallow in mediocrity.  My fingers are crossed. Go Colts!

Yea while this game isn’t make or break (no week 4 game is ever truly make or break), i think we will get an idea who we really are.

Say we come out and play well and grab a W, those first 2 weeks are a distant memory. 

We have a very good opportunity this week and I’m excited about it. 

The Colts match up good defensively v. TN.  Run oriented team without a star receiver.

offense not sure about.  Titan front 7 is pretty solid.  Ryan will need to protect the ball and hit hot reads better than Sunday.  Probably tough going got JT on most downs.  Hopefully hits a long one or two.  Hasn’t really had much of that yet.

I’d have to give Indy the nod here at home.  But it’s pickem for me.

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Forgot we had homefield. 

It’s going to be VERY close. Not sure who wins it, but the offense will have to start scoring more than 20 pts. 

I think Colts win. Do people realize if they will lose, they will be one tie  and 2 losses against divisional opponents? That's catastrophic and another huge uphill climb only to be followed by a late season collapse if the story plays out lol.

4 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think Colts win. Do people realize if they will lose, they will be one tie  and 2 losses against divisional opponents? That's catastrophic and another huge uphill climb only to be followed by a late season collapse if the story plays out lol.

NFL stories/Trends have a way of repeating. (Darn those openers & games in Jacksonville) haha

7 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

It is, but that’s the Colts for ya. 

We’re 3.5-2.5 in the division over the last 4 or 6 years. It’s ridiculous. 

Our team is actually somewhat built to stop the Titans almost perfectly this year.

Our rush D is best in the league at allowing only 2.6 ypc (which is an insane number, especially as teams will have been running it on us a lot this year becuase we have been playing from behind in every game) and the titans rushing offense, which is their "strength" is only putting out 3.6 ypc. 

Their passing stats are actually worse than ours as well, but Gilmore can roam and Facyson / Moore / Rodgers will be fine. We just need to keeep the TE's under wraps with our LBers again.  

I'll go with a 24 - 17 win for the Colts

10 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

This!!  I don’t under why people push back when someone says it’s a must win game.  We probably need 4 victories in our division to win it. Maybe 3-2-1 gets it but that’s relying on other teams to lose. Its a divisional opponent at home…it is must win. Especially going into a short week on the road in Denver then Jacksonville to follow.  Time to start stacking W’s

15 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I’d be surprised if we don’t come out super fired up and ready to go. Our boys were FIRED up yesterday. I bet the morale is great and they have a good week of practice.

Colts win 27-21

Reich has let me down too many times to expect the team to come out fired up.

none the less, I'm picking the Colts to win 24-13.  

I don't like this game. Vrabel is a good coach and watch the game tape from last week, or week before. 

What I think will happen: 

They throw quick slants and beat the 10 yard cushion the defense gives the WR's w/o disrupting the timing

They just keep blitzing, and someone will be free 

On 3rd and long, just like clockwork, Frank will call one of his amazing screen plays that will get stuffed for a loss

What I hope will happen: 

They leave TE's to at the very least chip block before going out for pass 

The O-Line "figures it out"

JT gets at least 20 carries 

They throw more than 2 slants

Hines is used as a slot receiver exclusively  

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

On 3rd and long, just like clockwork, Frank will call one of his amazing screen plays that will get stuffed for a loss

:lol: It's so dang true! Why, oh why is it that we can never figure out screen plays, or get WRs who can block?! They're money for what feels like every team besides us. Shoot, a good portion of Manning's touchdowns with the Broncos came from the screen...

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

:lol: It's so dang true! Why, oh why is it that we can never figure out screen plays, or get WRs who can block?! They're money for what feels like every team besides us. Shoot, a good portion of Manning's touchdowns with the Broncos came from the screen...

Well we don’t have a home run threat like Thomas was. He took at least 5 slants and turned them into 60+ yard TDs

I honestly don't know. Neither team has started well. Both are very similar teams. Both have a really bad loss and two close games.

I think the 3.5 line will probably move to -3 by Sunday, which is basically a pick 'em.

Really depends on which TEN defense shows up. 

Colts 24-21.

17 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

This is a must win game.  If we lose we most likely won’t win the division. I hope we win. My prediction is I will watch the game. That’s all I got. 

The Jaguars home game will be the must win for the division, IMO. This win will be to be on the path for a #7 seed by maintaining a respectable AFC record for starters but the Jaguars game will be the one where you go “if we don’t win this, we’re looking at a wild card at best”.

I don’t think the AFC West is as great as everyone said and hence I believe 2 teams from AFC South can be in the playoffs.

23 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Titans 21

Colts 17

Without AJ Brown , we have a VERY good chance at winning this game. Henry does not look as explosive as he once has. As long as the defense can penetrate at the point of attack and get pads on Henry in the backfield or within the first few yards of scrimmage than we can win.  

Listening to Marcus Brady I am uncertain that the coaching staff really knows the OL problem. It may require a team meeting among those players to openly discuss the issue. Since Matt Ryan is new and also the QB, I think somebody needs to speak out and resolve it before Wednesday practice.  If Ballard has put all our money into having an OL and DL, and the performance is poor then this should be flushed out before we get too deep into the season. 

The Jags and Chiefs exposed the problem and Marcus Brady was not forthcoming. I guess we will find out on Sundays. :excited:

Archived