Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Simms and Esiason Out Fron NFL Today Show

King Colt

14 minutes ago, King Colt said:

This doesn’t bother me at all.  Their banter has gotten kind of old for me.  Ryan being just removed from playing will give a fresher and more current perspective I think.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Great move the only thing these two added was trying to take pop shots at each other.  Boomer has been the worst guy on NFL pregame shows for a long time.

So why did you watch?

I watch "NFL Today" and am not upset about Simms and Esiason leaving. They were OK, but nothing great. I think Matt Ryan did well as analyst for some games, so I'll like watching him on this program. 

Good move. Matt Ryan was excellent as an analyst this past season when broadcasting games. FWIW regarding my top 50 QB's ever, and this took me a week to do because I had to study every QB that ever played in the NFL since 1935 including Sammy Baugh lol, all 3 made my top 50 and so did Andrew Luck just to throw that out. Having said that, this isn't about who was better on the field or my QB list, it's about who will be better on TV. I never really liked Simms or Boomer in the studio, Matt Ryan seems more brighter to me anyway. I thought the best move that CBS ever made was getting rid of Simms being Jim Nantz sidekick doing games. Romo is 10 times better. Jim Nantz is the GOAT and deserved better than Simms.