Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoffs will be tough to make

Stephen

Looking at schedule  I see five potential additional losses. Bucs, titans,bills, undefeated Cardinals, raiders. These doesn't count potential upsets that could occur like the Patriots game or even Trevor Lawrence having a one off good game versus us.

Titans will likely win division so we will have to be 11 and 6 or better for a wildcard

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Just enjoy the team. The offense is looking good. Hopefully they can entertain us and whatever happens happens. Then the offseason hopefully Eberflus is gone and we find those few defensive pieces. The impotent thing is we should be able to pick up with this offense next season without starting over with a new QB.

True that early injury to Wentz may have set us back a year unless we win out

Tonjght just reinforced how bad I want Eberflus gone. 

I don’t expect Paye to do much but it’s going to be important to at least see what he has before the season is over. But I just can’t take Eberflus anymore. I am so sick of seeing our DE ends dropoing into coverage and wondering why we can’t get pressure.

Its not over until it's over guys.... The Titans are such a weird team, capable of losing to the Jets but also capable of beating the Bills.

The Titans are one injury to Derek Henry away from being irrelevant though... I'm not wishing an injury upon anyone because that's not cool, but with the amount that they use him it's not crazy to think he might eventually get hurt. He is an absolute unit though and usually dishes out the pain, but the numbers are stacked against him and he will probably eventually wear out... even if it takes a few more years.

It's the NFL, anything can happen though. We know this Colts team is actually capable of beating anyone on a good day, just like the Titans did against the Bills.... We gotta get 1 or 2 of those upset wins against teams like the Bills, Bucs, Cards etc. And if we cant beat them, then what does making the playoffs really mean for us anyways?

One of the 3 wild card spots might still be in play. I'd say the Chargers will get one. But the remaining two spots will likely come down to the Raiders, Colts and the 3 other teams in the AFC North. I think its very important that we catch up to the Raiders. We play them and the Patriots later this year which could be crucial games for wildcard permutations. The AFC North and West are tough, tough divisions, the Steelers/Browns/Bengals are all going to be beating one another and likely losing too the Ravens as well. There is still a chance for the Colts. But obviously we need to get going.

The Chargers probably win their division. So add the Chiefs to wild card list. The Browns are struggling and the Bengals are still a few players away. Pittsburgh got lucky Sunday night so they're not a gimme. Ben is showing his age. The AFC east is pretty weak other than the Bills. So I'd say it's down to us the Raiders and the Chiefs for the wildcards. That's assuming of course we beat the teams we are supposed to like sweep the AFC East except Buffalo and hold serve in our own division. Also remember two of our losses are out of conference which could be big in tiebreaker scenarios. I think 10-6 is doable with a possible 11-5 if we get one we're not expecting. My pick would be the Bills. The Titans ran all over them. I think with our OL back intact we can do the same. And Wentz is a least as mobile and good on the run as Tannenhill. That being said the Raven's collapse and the kicking woes against the Rams my comeback to haunts us. Both those games were winnable.

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Man, that Titans win last night took the air out of the sails for me.   

Yeah it was bad, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The next 2 weeks are critical, I hope KC will beat them and we beat them and we beat the 49ers. Last night was one of the luckiest wins I have ever seen by a team. When the Bills had the ball down by the goal line their chances of winning per ESPN was 97%.

39 minutes ago, FRW said:

The Chargers probably win their division. So add the Chiefs to wild card list. 

The Chiefs are not out of it yet, IMO, after seeing the Chargers lay an egg vs the Ravens. 

I see the Top 4 in the AFC as Bills, Ravens, Chargers/Chiefs, and Titans with the Chargers/Chiefs at #5, then the Steelers/Raiders/Colts/Patriots/Bengals fighting for the last 2 spots when it is all said and done.

Titans won a big one last night, hopefully the Chiefs beat them next week. We really just needed them to split those two games, and there’s still a solid chance they do. Colts just have to keep winning, though, really. We’re looking a lot better than we did 3 weeks ago. Win these next two and things could begin to look bright for the first time all season. 

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

Looking at schedule  I see five potential additional losses. Bucs, titans,bills, undefeated Cardinals, raiders. These doesn't count potential upsets that could occur like the Patriots game or even Trevor Lawrence having a one off good game versus us.

Titans will likely win division so we will have to be 11 and 6 or better for a wildcard

After watching the Monday night game, the colts will not beat either of these teams. Anyone thinking otherwise is not being realistic. Our downfall will be defense. Can't apply enough pressure with 4 and our failure to stop the pass will be our undoing. Off topic but can't help myself, the announcers were abysmal. 

3 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

After watching the Monday night game, the colts will not beat either of these teams. Anyone thinking otherwise is not being realistic. Our downfall will be defense. Can't apply enough pressure with 4 and our failure to stop the pass will be our undoing. Off topic but can't help myself, the announcers were abysmal. 

We’re certainly capable of winning against either of those teams. People point to our collapse in the 4th vs the Ravens as a sign that our defense is complete trash. Prior to 3 of our DBs getting hurt in the 4th, though, our defense pretty much shut down that high powered Ravens offense. 

Will we beat those teams? I don’t know, time will tell. It’s definitely not out of the realm of possibilities, though. 

The only way the Titans don't win the division is if something happens to Derrick Henry.  I wouldn't wish anyone getting hurt, just saying how I feel. Julio Jones isn't doing much for that team, despite all the early excitement of signing him.  A.J. Brown can't be counted on to stay healthy, so Henry is the only player they rely on. With all the work the team gives Henry, they should hope that he stays healthy. 

9 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Tonjght just reinforced how bad I want Eberflus gone. 

I don’t expect Paye to do much but it’s going to be important to at least see what he has before the season is over. But I just can’t take Eberflus anymore. I am so sick of seeing our DE ends dropoing into coverage and wondering why we can’t get pressure.

Eberfus is doing the best he can especially with what he has to work with.

He's a good man and your being tough on him. haha

I don't know why this is surprising. This is a team that barely qualified last season and relied on another team to drop a game in order to get in and we very likely got worse in the off-season. Add to this the vaccination status to majority of team leaders and the series of injuries that have hit some of those leaders and the road gets harder and harder. 

Now we need to be nearly flawless until the end of the season in order to have a chance. We will very likely lose a top 15 pick too. Oh well... what can you do :dunno:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/

I use CBS, know ESPN and Yahoo have their as well and would like to see their numbers, CBS is bullish on our chances to make the playoffs they see Clev and Cinn falling off and Raiders staying afloat. Browns injury woes have them in some trouble.

1)Buff- 99.8 % chance

2)Balt -98.3

3)LAC- 79

4)Tenn-68

5)KC-60.7

6)L.V.- 59.6

7)Indy-57.7

8)Cinn-44.7

9)Clev-34.8

10)Pitt- 34.5

11)Den-31.3

12)N.E-27.8

13)Mia-2.5

14)NYJ- < 1.0

15)Hou- < 1.0

16)Jax <1.0

1 hour ago, C_Lew said:

We’re certainly capable of winning against either of those teams. People point to our collapse in the 4th vs the Ravens as a sign that our defense is complete trash. Prior to 3 of our DBs getting hurt in the 4th, though, our defense pretty much shut down that high powered Ravens offense. 

Will we beat those teams? I don’t know, time will tell. It’s definitely not out of the realm of possibilities, though. 

Well the Titans were playing with a back ups in the secondary and still won. The injury excuse is lame.

30 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

We’re getting in the playoffs. No doubt in my mind. 

I'm the opposite.   I don't think it will happen now.   That Titans win was a huge roadblock for us.   

I will keep watching and hoping though.   It is getting to "Bigfoot" level now.   I no it doesn't exist, but something makes me think there may be a chance. 

2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Well the Titans were playing with a back ups in the secondary and still won. The injury excuse is lame.

haha not on this forum its not. Actually whenever we lose it seems to usually have a lot to do with injuries. Ive been banging the drum of every team is injured every week in the NFL but its an easy and somewhat accepted excuse.

Archived