Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoffs will be tough to make

Stephen

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

That’s not entirely true. Like my post above they’ll be scenarios where Colts can sneak in at the 6th, 7th seed. Currently the Steelers are the 7th seed 3-3. AFCN is going to cannibalize itself. That leaves the Raiders, Colts, Bengals, Browns competing for the last 2 spots. This is if the Colts can’t win the division.

I am not counting on that, too many teams and too many things have to happen for us to get a Wildcard. We just need to get 4-4 and hope the Titans are also 4-4.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will need to win the division to get in IMO. WE have to hope KC beats Tennessee next week which is likely and we have to beat SF. Then the Tennessee game becomes a playoff game. We would be 3-4, they would be 4-3. If we beat them both of us are 4-4 = new season.

Yeah we won’t get a wild card unless some miracle happens and they only lose like one game the rest of the way. And if that happened we will win the division. Raiders schedule looks really easy. So I don’t expect them to fall out of the playoff picture.  KC will probably climb back in it too.  Bengals have a really tough schedule. They have to play the ravens. Then they get a bye week and play the ravens again. So that will be something to watch.

edit not the Bengals having  back to back. It’s another team in that division.

5 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

That’s not entirely true. Like my post above they’ll be scenarios where Colts can sneak in at the 6th, 7th seed. Currently the Steelers are the 7th seed 3-3. AFCN is going to cannibalize itself. That leaves the Raiders, Colts, Bengals, Browns competing for the last 2 spots. This is if the Colts can’t win the division.

Yep. If the Colts can finish with a better record than the 3rd place teams in the AFCW and the AFCN, then the Colts will be in the playoffs whether they win the division or not.

EDIT: I’m, of course, assuming that whoever finishes 2nd in the AFC East will not have a good record. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not counting on that, too many teams and too many things have to happen for us to get a Wildcard. We just need to get 4-4 and hope the Titans are also 4-4.

Colts are currently just 1 game behind 7th place, 2 games behind 5th and 6th place. AFCW and AFCN still have a lot of divisional games to play against each other that could help our cause. There’s a strong possibility we get one of the WC spots if we win 10, probably a lock to get one if we win 11 and don’t win the division.

On 10/19/2021 at 12:33 AM, Wentzszn said:

Just enjoy the team. The offense is looking good. Hopefully they can entertain us and whatever happens happens. Then the offseason hopefully Eberflus is gone and we find those few defensive pieces. The impotent thing is we should be able to pick up with this offense next season without starting over with a new QB.

Hopefully the offense isn't the impotent thing.

17 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Dan got them shook :funny:

Orlovsky will always have a special place in my heart for keeping us from going 0-fer for a season.  We do not share that dishonor with the lions or bucs thanks to him.  (Coincidently, he was part of the reason for the lions having that dishonor)

Archived