Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens Colts Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colts get some love next week by shocking most and pluck some bird feathers..28-24

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Great win today by Colts I hope they find a way to win next week.

Here's my prediction:

Ravens 28 Colts 21

Boooooo 

Colts 28, Ravens 17

Lamar Jackson is a bad passer. Make him throw the ball 25+ times and he's gonna turn it over a few times. He can't throw to the flat. He loves to throw over the middle. Keep him in the pocket and make him beat you with his arm. Colts are pretty good against the run so I'm not too worried about that. Lamar getting out in the open and running all over us is my biggest concern.

Rankings to Date Week 8

Colts                                      Ravens     

Passing                       20th     31st

Rushing                      15th     3rd 

Total Yds./Game         22nd    23rd 

Passing Yds. Against  159.5    270

Rushing Yds. Against  77.0     97.5

Total Yds. Against      236.25  367.5

I like the plan Tenn had against Lamar Jackson in the playoffs. I like how they forced him to funnel all his runs to the sideline. They bottled up Ingram and their other runners, while letting him run but no explosives. Forced him to stand back and actually be a QB and when that happens hes usually not that good.

1 hour ago, landrus13 said:

Colts 28, Ravens 17

Lamar Jackson is a bad passer. Make him throw the ball 25+ times and he's gonna turn it over a few times. He can't throw to the flat. He loves to throw over the middle. Keep him in the pocket and make him beat you with his arm. Colts are pretty good against the run so I'm not too worried about that. Lamar getting out in the open and running all over us is my biggest concern.

I don't think Lamar is a 'bad passer', he actually has a very strong arm and can make a lot of throws that few other QBs in the league can make.  That said, he is a much stronger running QB (best in the league) than he is a passing QB (middle of the pack).  

Having a healthy Leonard really helps in this game.  We got pressure on Mayfield a couple weeks ago without blitzing, but when he could step up in the pocket or get out of the pocket and avoid being sacked, he gave our D a lot of trouble.  We blitzed more than normal today, but that huge play Stafford hit in the second half was made when he was able to step up in the pocket and avoid a sack from our front 4.  Mayfield, while a mobile QB, is nowhere near as explosive as Jackson.  Stafford isn't a mobile QB... on that play where he hit the deep bomb, I feel like Jackson would have taken off and ran (and probably had a good shot at a first down).  

I think Leonard can shadow Jackson and keep him in check running... we just need to make him get the ball out of his hand throwing it fairly quickly.  We'll be in trouble if he has time to run around and let the WRs get deep (personally, I think Willis is who they'd attack this game).  

BAL is a very different matchup than what they have faced. I wouldn’t consider any of the QBs they have faced to be mobile QBs...at least not ones that run often. I am not sure what to expect because of that. Colts have speed on defense...but Lamar is a different type of containment.

I am going to take BAL and the points...27-21. Could easily go the other way though if Lamar turns it over a few times.

Not my favorite matchup because of Lamar Jackson. However, of the 3 games between the Ravens, Steelers, and Packers we have left, this is the most winnable to pull off an upset. Lamar has been iffy in the pass game, and we have our players healthy after the bye week, so I'm going to say we somewhat stop him and somewhat get pressure on him.

We have finally learned as well to use Wilkins more it seems, and it also seems Rivers has found his groove. I want more games like against the Lions yesterday. If we do, I believe we'll pull the upset and start the first half of the season 6-2 with a good chance to win the division if things fall right.

Colts 28

Ravens 20

Bet no one on here expected that prediction from me! :thmup:

I watched the Ravens game yesterday since it's been decided that Louisville, KY is now a Ravens town instead of a Colts town.  Colts games always shown here the past several years, but since Jackson is a U of L product, that has changed in the eyes of CBS, and it sucks!

Anyway, I saw some weaknesses in the Ravens that Pittsburgh exploited.  They got pressure on Jackson and he didn't scramble as much as he would have the past two seasons, for some reason.  Instead he forced some passes and that cost him.  They also lost two OL yesterday and I know the LT is out for the season.

They are much better in their own stadium, so I like that we're the home team.  River has been solid the past two weeks, but the Ravens defensive backs are very good and they like to play physical, so we need to find a way to exploit that.

I'm predicting COLTS 24  Ravens 17

I think this is the defense that can give Lamar problems, along with Pitt obviously.  I just think the speed of this defense matches up well with what the Ravens do well.  They have a highly mobile QB and lean heavily on the running game.  This defense has speed and plays the run exceptionally well (most of the time).  They may be missing Ingram, or at the very least a less than 100% Ingram.  Shut down the run and force them to throw, which they don't want to do.  Fill the middle of the field because when he throws Jackson likes the TE's in the seams.  Make him throw to the WR's on the outside.  I don't think he's NEARLY as accurate that way.

I really like the Colts in this one if they play it this way.  I see a low scoring game, like 20-17.

17 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Great win today by Colts I hope they find a way to win next week.

Here's my prediction:

Ravens 28 Colts 21

Predictions are pointless and 99% of the time purely a matter of luck.  Matchups are another thing, I think it's a very interesting matchup, our speed on D very much plays to our favor and this is a team I want to play at home.  On Offense, protect Rivers we'll win 90% of the time, if we don't protect Rivers it's the Titanic! That said, no predictions here...

7 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Predictions are pointless and 99% of the time purely a matter of luck.  Matchups are another thing, I think it's a very interesting matchup, our speed on D very much plays to our favor and this is a team I want to play at home.  On Offense, protect Rivers we'll win 90% of the time, if we don't protect Rivers it's the Titanic! That said, no predictions here...

Couldn't agree more, but apparently people feel the need to make predictions.  So it's fun for them.

I ran across a Lions fan doing a preview of the game on YouTube.  He prediction the score to be Lions 21 Colts 17.  

I congratulated him on being half right.  He was a good sport about it.

11 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Pretty silly to come in try and rain on a thread that you have no intention of participating in. What was the point of you telling everyone predictions are pointless? 

Archived