Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens Colts Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is tough and should be a good hard fought game.  Looking at some things

P. Rivers is 3-5 against the Ravens in his career, but he's played fairly well in those games completing 67% (188/280) of his passes for 2,193 yards 14TD and 6INTs.  He has been sacked 16 times in those 8 games though.

This will be the first time a Frank Reich coached Colts will play the Ravens.  Reich did face the Ravens once at the OC in Philly and wice as OC in San Diego and he is 1-2 vs the Ravens

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

This one is tough and should be a good hard fought game.  Looking at some things

P. Rivers is 3-5 against the Ravens in his career, but he's played fairly well in those games completing 67% (188/280) of his passes for 2,193 yards 14TD and 6INTs.  He has been sacked 16 times in those 8 games though.

This will be the first time a Frank Reich coached Colts will play the Ravens.  Reich did face the Ravens once at the OC in Philly and wice as OC in San Diego and he is 1-2 vs the Ravens

In all fairness Rivers has never faced the Ravens with a pretty good offensive line and a defense that can hold their own. 

On 11/3/2020 at 12:12 AM, DontEverGiveUp said:

Lamar also has 6 fumbles, 3 lost.  So he has 7 turnovers so far, which is actually more than Rivers.

He can be beat if you contain him and force him to throw downfield from the pocket.  Need  some speed at LB, or do like the Chargers did against him in the 2018 playoffs and use CBs and safeties in place of LBs.

I think the Colts defense has the pieces to disrupt Lamar.  The only question is whether our scheme is drawn up correctly.

Should be a good game, and the Colts defense will determine the outcome IMO.

I think this type of offense is one of the reasons we got Rock Ya-Sin.  I hope they let Rock press in the Cover 2 and come up and support in the running game.  I am a wrestling guy so I really like Rock.

On 11/3/2020 at 1:12 AM, DontEverGiveUp said:

Lamar also has 6 fumbles, 3 lost.  So he has 7 turnovers so far, which is actually more than Rivers.

He can be beat if you contain him and force him to throw downfield from the pocket.  Need  some speed at LB, or do like the Chargers did against him in the 2018 playoffs and use CBs and safeties in place of LBs.

I think the Colts defense has the pieces to disrupt Lamar.  The only question is whether our scheme is drawn up correctly.

Should be a good game, and the Colts defense will determine the outcome IMO.

^^^This is key.

Steelers have speedy LBs, they always draft for LB depth and they used a 3-5-3 formation because when you have bigger bodies with speed, Lamar will feel it and his ball security becomes an issue. If you have smaller bodies with speed, like the Chargers that used 7 defensive backs in the 2018 playoffs, you subject yourself to be run over with heavy formations which the Ravens have used often lately.

For this game a minimum of 4 LBs might be needed most of the time, IMO because the Ravens bring in a fullback as well a lot of times and use plenty of heavy formations. Colts fans should not worry if the Ravens have 100-150 rushing yards between QB and RBs because that is their game and offense, to have 200 rushing yards between the QB and RBs. However, they should worry if Lamar by himself has 100 rushing yards and 250 plus passing yards. If you keep him around 50 rushing yards and 150-200 passing yards with a few sacks and/or turnovers, there is a good chance we win.

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think we are going to play a very good game. Its just been my feeling all week long. I dont get the sense that this opponent is too big for us and weve defended the home turf successfully all year.

I agree with you.  The Ravens should probably win.  Vegas likes them.  General NFL fans like them.  I could very well be wrong, but I get the sense this team, and the defense in particular, is going to want to make a statement that they are for real.  People keep saying "Yeah but....." when talking about this defense.  They are pretty healthy and will likely get Turay back to some extent.  Maybe it's hope, but just a "gut" feeling this Colts team is going to give it their all and play very well.  Has the same feeling of the Colts-KC game from last year.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if this team pulls it out on Sunday.  I don't think it's a blowout, but a close, hard-fought, low scoring  win.  Maybe even a defensive stop near the end to seal it.

2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I agree with you.  The Ravens should probably win.  Vegas likes them.  General NFL fans like them.  I could very well be wrong, but I get the sense this team, and the defense in particular, is going to want to make a statement that they are for real.  People keep saying "Yeah but....." when talking about this defense.  They are pretty healthy and will likely get Turay back to some extent.  Maybe it's hope, but just a "gut" feeling this Colts team is going to give it their all and play very well.  Has the same feeling of the Colts-KC game from last year.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if this team pulls it out on Sunday.  I don't think it's a blowout, but a close, hard-fought, low scoring  win.  Maybe even a defensive stop near the end to seal it.

Even if we win there are still those who will have the "Yeah but" attitude. It's like their lips will break if they said something positive. 

1 minute ago, MCurtis32 said:

Make Lamar Jackson throw 30 times and let Leonard be the qb spy and of course, stop the run.

colts 31 ravens 7.

I agree, this but I'm leaning closer to 31-21 colts.  Gonna have to earn it tho, this is a "perfect game" on D scenario.  Catch a break or two on D and have "recent Rivers" on offense.

Archived