Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens Colts Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, shasta519 said:

BAL is a very different matchup than what they have faced. I wouldn’t consider any of the QBs they have faced to be mobile QBs...at least not ones that run often. I am not sure what to expect because of that. Colts have speed on defense...but Lamar is a different type of containment.

I am going to take BAL and the points...27-21. Could easily go the other way though if Lamar turns it over a few times.

I agree and its not necessarily Lamar's running that worries me, its his extend the play ability. We struggled anytime Baker and Minshew got out of the pocket and Lamar is much more dangerous in that regard.

I also think Lamar's struggles are being a bit overblown by the media because of what he did last year. He has 12 TDs and 4 INTs @ 60% completion - which is very respectable (28 td & 7 int pace). Add in his 400 rushing yards and thats an pretty amazing season by most standards. 

Rivers history with good history with the Ravens, with recently winning in 2019 in Baltimore.  The Colts defense is playing well as a unit and with its speed in both DL and LBs will play well agains Lamar Jackson. The Colts offense is well balanced and Rivers will find the open player. Colts 24 Raven 13  

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am thinking about putting huge money on it, I think we will clean their clock and pressure Lamar all day. Rivers will have a big day as well, their secondary will be missing key players.

Don't be too cocky 

Ravens though injured will be very tough 

9 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

I agree and its not necessarily Lamar's running that worries me, its his extend the play ability. We struggled anytime Baker and Minshew got out of the pocket and Lamar is much more dangerous in that regard.

I also think Lamar's struggles are being a bit overblown by the media because of what he did last year. He has 12 TDs and 4 INTs @ 60% completion - which is very respectable (28 td & 7 int pace). Add in his 400 rushing yards and thats an pretty amazing season by most standards. 

Lamar also has 6 fumbles, 3 lost.  So he has 7 turnovers so far, which is actually more than Rivers.

He can be beat if you contain him and force him to throw downfield from the pocket.  Need  some speed at LB, or do like the Chargers did against him in the 2018 playoffs and use CBs and safeties in place of LBs.

I think the Colts defense has the pieces to disrupt Lamar.  The only question is whether our scheme is drawn up correctly.

Should be a good game, and the Colts defense will determine the outcome IMO.

50 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Every time I pick the Colts to win against a good team they loose, hopefully this will change.  Colts 28-Ravens 20, this time it's the Colts that will prevail. 

You have a 50-50 chance either way....:huthut:

Might as well keep optimistic, no use in worrying. 

I will go Colts-24 / Ravens-21 In a nail biter. 

15 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Pretty silly to come in try and rain on a thread that you have no intention of participating in. What was the point of you telling everyone predictions are pointless? 

Sorry, didn't mean to rain on your parade.

10 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

When it comes to my team, I would much rather be wrong in predicting a win, than right in predicting a loss. 

I can see that.   I'd rather be wrong in predicting a loss in this case.   I just answer how I really feel.   The Colts could win this game, but I think the Ravens will come out strong after the loss to the Steelers.  I am anxious to see the Colts against their toughest opponent so far.   This will give us a good indication of where the team is and how far they can go.   

13 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Makes me wonder if the Ravens will have to quarantine 

Yeah .. I think you're correct , it's (no line on some betting sites)  a COVID issue. I had not seen anything until today. 

JOHN HARBAUGHHC, BALTIMORE RAVENS

The Ravens reported no new positive COVID-19 tests. 

Monday's round of testing turned up no more positives after CB Marlon Humphrey tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday -- though he didn't learn the test result until Monday. The Ravens' testing will be worth watching as they prepare to play against the Colts in Week 9.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am more worried about their defense than I am about their offense. 

They held a very good Steelers offense pretty good. 

Held Big Ben to 173 yds and 48 yds on the ground. 

They also held CIN to 3 points a few weeks ago...and the Colts were lucky to get out of that game with a win. 

I really have no idea on how this will go down.  Jackson is so different than anything the Colts have faced.

As a  Jackson owner, I can report that he is not putting up near the numbers as last year.  I think the novelty is wearing off and Jackson will not be the 1200 yd rusher that he was last year as defenses adjust.

That being said, his athleticism is a wildcard.   A defense can do everything right and still get burned because of his insane burst and elusiveness.  

I'm going to make a homer prediction, but my heart is not really in it.    Colts 24-17

22 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

Yeah maybe, but that offense is dependent on him putting up video game numbers.  

There only two losses are to the 2 best teams in FB>

2 minutes ago, open window said:

The Colts were very unlucky and still won the game. 

How were the Colts unlucky? They got destroyed in the 1st quarter and were down 21-0. CIN had a 93% win probability at that point...and lost the game. 

But more specifically...Bullock missed a huge FG that would have put CIN up two points. If IND retakes the lead by 1 point...that last drive likely plays out differently...especially with CIN already in FG range.

Regardless...my point was that BAL destroyed CIN...a team that had IND on the ropes and beat TEN.

KC defense gave us the plan in somewhat containing Lamar Jackson. The Ravens loves to use the up tempo offense and so Colts need to have a plan to sub their DL and LBs.  I think EJ Speed and George Odom will play a rotation role. We need speed and no nonsense tacklers. The reason the Colts defense can handle this better than most is because of COMMUNICATION. They really talk to each other during the game. 

55 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

How were the Colts unlucky? They got destroyed in the 1st quarter and were down 21-0. CIN had a 93% win probability at that point...and lost the game. 

But more specifically...Bullock missed a huge FG that would have put CIN up two points. If IND retakes the lead by 1 point...that last drive likely plays out differently...especially with CIN already in FG range.

Regardless...my point was that BAL destroyed CIN...a team that had IND on the ropes and beat TEN.

Baltimore  and steelers often crush their division 

The only threat is the ravens defense 

.   The ravens cannot throw at all .  Lamar only throws into wide open lanes when the linebackers bite up .   If the colts stop the run it’s over .  The ravens blitz more then any team if frank can call screens and quick passes we can stop the blitz .   Colts win in a blow out 31 to 7.  This is the titans ravens game all over again 

I don't know who's going to win but I will predict we won't be outgained by 200 yards like the ravens did to those immensely talented steelers(457-221). This will be a battle and I think we have a great chance of winning, actually, a better chance than the ravens do. Go Colts!

Archived