Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nickname for Defense

LJpalmbeacher2

I expect our D to be ranked at or near the top when stats are accumulated after week 3.

I know it's still early in season and rankings will may or probably change. So before they do giving our unit a nickname would be nice.

Steel Curtain, Legion of Doom, Purple People Eaters, Sack Pack, No Name Defense, etc.... 

I dont really have any good names as potential candidates...."Eberfus we Trust" not a good name. 

"Cover Blue" na, not good.

"Ballard's Batallion " no.

I'm  stumped. But I'm sure we have some inventive minds here that will come up with a knockout name.

And maybe we can send the best name to Clarissa Thompson or that little cutie on NFL Good Morning(or whatever the show's name is) and the may actually do a piece on the colts. Probably  not, lol.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Inconsistent Eleven?

Blue Charmin?

:Nuke:

Everyone's already forgetting we made Minshew look like a surgeon. We've played 3 bottom ten OLs, and today one without two starting tackles, and 3 starting WRs. NYJ's offense is ranked 32nd, and MN's is 30th. And we play a bad O next week (Chicago is 23rd) too... lol. Jax is 22nd.

When our D plays well vs a decent team, I'll start thinking about nicknames. The Browns and Ravens are the first top 20 offenses we'll play this year.

How about "Too early for a nickname" defense?

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

How about the "It's to early to name our defense" defense?  Just a suggestion.  We played the Jags, the Vikings, and the Jets.  Hardly the top of the heap when it comes to offensive powerhouses.  I love the spirit, but I think it's too early.

Literally thinking the exact same thing.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I expect our D to be ranked at or near the top when stats are accumulated after week 3.

I know it's still early in season and rankings will may or probably change. So before they do giving our unit a nickname would be nice.

Steel Curtain, Legion of Doom, Purple People Eaters, Sack Pack, No Name Defense, etc.... 

I dont really have any good names as potential candidates...."Eberfus we Trust" not a good name. 

I'm  stumped. But I'm sure we have some inventive minds here that will come up with a knockout name.

And maybe we can send the best name to Clarissa Thompson or that little cutie on NFL Good Morning(or whatever the show's name is) and the may actually do a piece on the colts. Probably  not, lol.

How bout " The untested"????  The teams records 1-8. Long ways to go

10 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Mr. 95%? 

9 hours ago, unitas2berry said:

Question: Did Blackmon play. Never heard his name or spot him om the field.

He started.  

Of the Safeties

Willis - 57 snaps/89% of available

Blackmon - 41/64%

Tavon Wilson - 23/36% 

Odom - 7/11%

Of the CBs

Carrie - 54/84%

Moore - 53/83%

Rhodes - 53/83%

Rodgers - 11/17%

Tremon Smit - 7/11%

Tavon looked very good. IMO, and outplayed Blackmon at least from a stats perspective.

Tavon had a PD, 4 solo Ts, and 2 TFLs.

Blackmon, in more snaps had one solo T.

Could have just been opportunity, but at minimum, Wilson embraced the opportunity presented him.

I love Blackmon as a long term prospect, but folks got a little over hyped over last game. Give him time though.

15 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I love the enthusiasm, don't want to dampen it.  I really need to see them play against a quality offense or two or three before we start anointing them, nicknames are typically earned and become obvious, let's see what it looks like after game 8.  -Go Colts!

Sorry.....

But we're three weeks into the weirdest, strangest season in NFL history.

We've played 3 teams and none of them are very good.

Our defense has looked very good in two of the games,   hugely disappointing in the other.

This defense has done NOTHING to deserve a nickname.

Come on......        :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

I love the enthusiasm, don't want to dampen it.  I really need to see them play against a quality offense or two or three before we start anointing them, nicknames are typically earned and become obvious, let's see what it looks like after game 8.  -Go Colts!

Lol, I'm not really enthused about our Defense. Like I said,  for fun while they are ranked high it be fun to give them a nickname BEFORE they start playing the better offenses and get exposed.

And personally I don't think there has been really truly great defenses last few years. Sure some will play well for a stretch but usually sooner than later teams will put up good numbers against them.

23 hours ago, EastStreet said:

The Inconsistent Eleven?

Blue Charmin?

:Nuke:

Everyone's already forgetting we made Minshew look like a surgeon. We've played 3 bottom ten OLs, and today one without two starting tackles, and 3 starting WRs. NYJ's offense is ranked 32nd, and MN's is 30th. And we play a bad O next week (Chicago is 23rd) too... lol. Jax is 22nd.

When our D plays well vs a decent team, I'll start thinking about nicknames. The Browns and Ravens are the first top 20 offenses we'll play this year.

Maybe they're ranked that low because they played us? xD

Archived