Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Picking a New Jersey

DaveA1102

Who would you pick if getting a new Colts jersey today?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick if getting a new Colts jersey today?

• Quenton Nelson
    • Darius Leonard
    • TY Hilton
    • Malik Hooker
    • Jacoby Brissett
    • Kenny Moore
    • Marlon Mack
    • Other (please specify)

So, I have two Andrew Luck jerseys at home and, in the theory of having to move on with our lives, I am now thinking about who I would want on a new jersey. :dunno:

My front runners are Big Q and Leonard, but wondering what you guys would pick if you were picking one up today?

I have kept "Legends" out of it for now as would muddy the waters.

• Like 1

I voted Leonard, although my days of buying jerseys may be over.  I have Unitas, Manning, Luck, Rob Morris (purchased on clearance at a Colts event about 8 years ago) and a generic 42 jersey.  My Luck jersey was a Christmas gift, so if my wife feels like a need a new one now, then I'll let her know Leonard would be my choice....but, I'd wear a Nelson with pride, too.

• Like 2

I have a Leonard and a Luck jersey. I think I’D have to go with TY. I think Leonard is the most popular new pickup though. :) 

Just a little funny story... I bought my Leonard jersey right after the Redskins game. I wore it downtown to dinner after the next home game and my waiter was so confused. “Leonard? Are you his girlfriend or something?” Pshhhh...

Now, everyone knows who he is. Didn’t take long haha 

• Like 4

I’m more of a player t-shirt kinda guy as I only wear a jersey if I’m going to a game or a sports bar. 

As for jerseys..I currently have the Reebok Manning, Adai and Wayne. With a Nike Hilton. Personally, I’d go Leonard. Gives me a defensive guy plus a very young guy who will hopefully be a Colt for several more years. 

As a Michigan fan, I admit Hooker would be a nice buy as well. Young, talented and core piece to the defense. 

Do what I did. In 1987 l found a Colts jersey which at the time was near impossible to find in S Fl. The # was 33 and has no name on the back. As free agency developed, l decided not to add a name since that player would probably be gone in a couple of years anyway. Its the only jersey I ever needed.

And besides, when I go to a game fans offer me refreshments thinking "Look at this pathetic *... Cant even afford a decent jersey."

So... Wait... Nevermind

9 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I chose Hooker because it reminds me of John Lee. 

john-lee-hooker.jpg

I saw him live once at a bar in California. We walked in about 9:00 pm and they were playing Endless Boogie. We left about 1:30 am, and they were still playing Endless Boogie, non-stop. Band members would take breaks, one at a time, while everyone else just kept going. 

• Like 1

I know he's a legendary player, but considering he still plays for the Colts I would love a Vinny jersey. Honestly if I could get any Colts jersey for free right now, my top choices would be Saturday, Luck, Vinny, and McAfee in that order. I already own a Manning and a Mathis jersey.

I must like the retired/old players more I guess

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m honestly afraid to buy another jersey. Every player I get seems to get injured/retire/leave the team the season after. 

Austin Collie

Dallas Clark

Anthony Gonzalez

Bob Sanders 

Peyton Manning

Andrew Luck

I’m the curse, apparently. 

We could have used you a few years ago......could all have chipped in and got you a jersey with "Grigson" on the back! haha

I have three Manning jerseys, Sanders, Freeney, Thornton and Hilton. I also have an Austin Collie Jersey because 17 is the number I have worn on my jerseys my whole life. I took the letters off some years ago see if a number 17 is worth putting the name on. Let's see if funchess gets the nod

13 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

So, I have two Andrew Luck jerseys at home and, in the theory of having to move on with our lives, I am now thinking about who I would want on a new jersey. :dunno:

My front runners are Big Q and Leonard, but wondering what you guys would pick if you were picking one up today?

I have kept "Legends" out of it for now as would muddy the waters.

I think you can't go wrong with Q or Darius....    great choices....

But, if you're willing to be a little outside the box,  I'd also consider Kenny Moore.   I love the guy!   He's got a lot of bulldog in him...    he's small and feisty and out-punches his weight class.   And the team seems to love him and rallly around him.    

Finally....   if you can be a bit patient....   I wouldn't rule out Brissett.   If you listen to Ballard and Reich,  the team LOVES him.   They love his leadership.   They think they can win with him.   They believe in him.    He'll either prove it on the field this season,  or he won't.    But if you're willing to wait a bit to see what happens,  you might be the one to start a trend.    That's always fun!

• Like 2

Ok I'll put this here since it is on topic about jerseys. Monday the 26th was my birthday. My girlfriend of over 8 years now was shopping for a gift. She was on the Colt shop website looking at anything she thought I might like. This was around the 17th-19th, time was running out. She scrolls down and sees a jersey with her name on it and text her son," is this a real player?" he text back, "yes, he's the backup quarterback". So for those of you can't figure it out 2 days after Luck retired I opened my gift of a Chad Kelly jersey. The most amazing girl ever-her name is Kelly.

5 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m honestly afraid to buy another jersey. Every player I get seems to get injured/retire/leave the team the season after. 

Austin Collie

Dallas Clark

Anthony Gonzalez

Bob Sanders 

Peyton Manning

Andrew Luck

I’m the curse, apparently. 

Get a Brady Jersey 

• Like 4

Colts should do a jersey exchange, allowing fans to trade in their Luck jersey for any jersey not named Hilton, Leonard, Nelson. Even if there is a $10 charge involved. Would be cool to see a wide range of Colts player jerseys in the stands instead of the usual 90% Luck.

Would love to see 5 people sitting next to each other wearing Costanzo, Nelson, Kelly, Glowinski, Smith jerseys.

Will never happen as they want all those with Luck jerseys to buy $90 new jerseys, but I think a lot of people will be hesitant to buy another jersey.

I think around 1787 would be the best one.

"In 1787, New Jersey became the third state to ratify the U.S. Constitution and the first state to sign the Bill of Rights. In 1790, Trenton officially became the state capital of New Jersey. William Livingston became New Jersey's first state governor. 

New Jersey grew and prospered during the early 1800s. New factories sprung up throughout the state. Paterson became a textile center and later became known for producing trains and silk. Trenton produced clay products, iron, and steel. Camden, Elizabeth, Jersey City, Newark, and Passaic all became major manufacturing centers in the 1800s".