Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Houston Texans

Myles

Houston is a very dangerous team at home.  The Colts went in there and won a few weeks back, but that game means nothing now.  The Colts need to be able to run the ball, not turn the ball over and score TD's in the redzone on offense.  On defense, they need to stop the run, contain Watson and put pressure on Watson.  He was sacked over 60 times this year, they have to get to him.  It should be a good game.  I am hoping for a Colts victory!  Playing with house money!  No one expected them to get in this year!

• Like 2

2018 Game two numbers:

Colts Texans

First downs                24      25

Total Net Yds.            436    315

Total plays                  66      68

Av. gain                       6.6     4.6

Net yds. rushing        50      89

Net yds. passing         386   226

Penalties yds.             9-59   7-35

Fumbles-lost               1-0     0-0

Time of possession    28:03  31:57

NOTES: Mack ran for 33 yards with 14 carries and Hines was 6 carries for 13 yds. For Houston's backs Miller was 14-33 and Blue was 6-21          

Interesting game. IF we have Ryan Kelly, we win easily. If not, this is the one pass rush that scares me. Watt and Clowney will get pressure on us, and we'll have to have a balanced offense. I'd say WITH Kelly Colts win 28-17

WITHOUT Kelly Colts win 24-23

That'll make all the difference IMO.

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

We will have to play a much cleaner game than we did last night.  We were fortunate to get that win despite the penalties and turnovers. 

The penalties and TOs obviously made it tougher than it should’ve been.  But, let’s face it, aside from those, we kicked the Titans’ rear ends.

I have no inside info but I am sure TY will play, it's the Playoffs. Kelly probably will too. I see this as a 50/50 game, we are on the road and it's the Playoffs. Hey we made the dance, 1 of 12 teams left, I am having fun with it now. I think we will win actually too if I had an early prediction assuming TY and Kelly plays. We have Andrew, they do not, Watson is Good but he isn't Andrew.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Our next opponent.   Very good team. 

i don't think it will be easy, but we can do it.

I'm a little bummed that we got the shortest weeks rest with the game next Sat. at 4PM. 

C'mon Colts, lets climb up the draft board.

image.png.6ca72b7a47d2f05eb0381e3904c10d9f.png

How do they do playoff scheduling? If it's a draw...that's one thing...but if not...then that's some nonsense scheduling. Not only is it a short week...but it's the shortest time by a half day. Once they flexed this game, that should have automatically ensured the winner was playing in that 1:00 Sunday game...cause they were never going to put HOU/IND in the PT spots (Saturday night and Sunday afternoon).

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

How do they do playoff scheduling? If it's a draw...that's one thing...but if not...then that's some nonsense scheduling. Not only is it a short week...but it's the shortest time by a half day. Once they flexed this game, that should have automatically ensured the winner was playing in that 1:00 Sunday game...cause they were never going to put HOU/IND in the PT spots (Saturday night and Sunday afternoon).

It's Bull but TY has 5 days to soak that ankle, Kelly has had plenty of time to recover so hopefully we will be fully healthy. 

They will make every effort to shut down T.Y., they’re sick of hearing about how he owns them.  He and Ebron will be doubled throughout the game.  Clowney will want to make up for sealing their fate in the last game.  

JJ may be hurting more than he’s letting on, but he’s still a force.  Luck won’t have such a clean pocket as last night.  

Like y’all are saying, Kelly helps establish the run.  If we can get Mack going, we have a great shot.   I don’t have as much confidence as others here, but I’m hopeful.  

Damn guys... Feeling a bit superstitious and weird about this Texans game. Not sure why, but it's going to be a tough one. We're going to have to limit our mistakes to a minimum against the Texans because Watson will definitely score if we turn the ball over. Can't get behind and need to continue leaning on Mack and the run game. Hopefully we can get the win!

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Our next opponent.   Very good team. 

i don't think it will be easy, but we can do it.

I'm a little bummed that we got the shortest weeks rest with the game next Sat. at 4PM. 

C'mon Colts, lets climb up the draft board.

image.png.6ca72b7a47d2f05eb0381e3904c10d9f.png

Colts have more playoff berths than most teams on this list

We're in so we have a chance! Playing a division rival means this will more than likely be a close hard fought game. Fingers crossed we get the win and move on to Kansas City. This is one year where I really feel any of the teams in the playoffs could walk away with the Lombardi Trophy. This should be an exciting year for the NFL Playoffs!

• Thanks 1

I want to see us step on the throat and crush.  That's one area where I want to see us hone in on in these playoffs.  Stop playing around with these inferior teams and crush the throat!  Tennesse should have been blown out by half time.  Instead we made it into a 4 quarter affair.  I think you definitely have to respect Houston because they are capable of beating us, but I still feel like we are the superior team.  And as such if we get ahead on them by 14 or so we need to step on the throat and curb stomp them.  It needs to be a decisive win.   I don't like when we go out there and dominate, yet the opponent is still sitting there with a punchers chance in the 4th quarter.  This thing needs to be all business.  That's exactly what we got to do!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, shastamasta said:

That would have been nice and all but when you are the 6 seed you take what you get and make the best of it. It’s just a part of the hill we have to climb to reach the summit.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

How good are the Texans receivers.

They only have one and that's Hopkins.  Actually I think Coutee is dangerous as a slot receiver but outside of that really there is no one.  They were banking on Will Fullers 2nd year development along with the aquisition of Coutee in the draft but Fuller is on IR and Coutee has been on and off the injury list for most of the season.  That issue along with the OL being suspect has greatly contributed to Watson being sacked even more than Luck was during his 50 sack season.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

They only have one and that's Hopkins.  Actually I think Coutee is dangerous as a slot receiver but outside of that really there is no one.  They were banking on Will Fullers 2nd year development along with the aquisition of Coutee in the draft but Fuller is on IR and Coutee has been on and off the injury list for most of the season.  That issue along with the OL being suspect has greatly contributed to Watson being sacked even more than Luck was during his 50 sack season.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Wow I hope we can sack him a bunch.

I went back and watched highlights of the last Texan game. There was a lot of big plays on both sides. What’s concerns me is Hilton will not be that effective with his ankle Saturday. Someone is going to have to step up. Watson also caused us a lot of problems with his scrambling ability. I am not sure with TY having a bad ankle we will see him go off like that. Anyone remember if his ankle was already injured that game? It’s goinf to be a tough game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Coutee really hurt the Colts in the first game and was out in the second game.  I don’t know how status for Sunday but if he’s playing the Colts need a plan for him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Coutee really hurt the Colts in the first game and was out in the second game.  I don’t know how status for Sunday but if he’s playing the Colts need a plan for him.

Looks like he hasn’t been playing and if he does come back Saturday he risks tearing his hamstring again. But with it being a one and done playoff game who knows he might play.

I am laughing at the Texans fan forum. They are shaking in their boots. Especially about Hilton.Unless his ankle makes a miraculous recovery I don’t think he will have as big  of game as last time.

Was Hilton’s ankle injured the last Texans game?