Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Houston Texans

Myles

11 hours ago, Myles said:

Our next opponent.   Very good team. 

i don't think it will be easy, but we can do it.

I'm a little bummed that we got the shortest weeks rest with the game next Sat. at 4PM. 

C'mon Colts, lets climb up the draft board.

image.png.6ca72b7a47d2f05eb0381e3904c10d9f.png

No kidding brother we played the last game of the regular season and we get the first playoff game on Saturday. That's a bunch of crap

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That would have been nice and all but when you are the 6 seed you take what you get and make the best of it. It’s just a part of the hill we have to climb to reach the summit.

I guess....but PHI was the NFL #6 seed and they got the 4:00 game on Sunday. I don't really care...it just seems like some shoddy scheduling to have the SNF game in the first game. But like you said...it's all part of the climb.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think it’s because this playoff spot was unexpected. Everything else now is just gravy. Next year the expectations will be so high.

I agree. To me everything is gravy now. Of course the goal is to win the SB and I am not content. Before the season started though, everyone in the media was questioning whether or not Luck would ever be the same. They were skeptic of Frank Reich, and most had us anywhere from 2-6 wins. Luck has put up MVP type numbers, Reich's system has been solid, we won 10 games, and made the Playoffs. Our Defense is even Good. This overall season deserves an 'A' easily even we lose to Houston. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like he hasn’t been playing and if he does come back Saturday he risks tearing his hamstring again. But with it being a one and done playoff game who knows he might play.

I am laughing at the Texans fan forum. They are shaking in their boots. Especially about Hilton.Unless his ankle makes a miraculous recovery I don’t think he will have as big  of game as last time.

Was Hilton’s ankle injured the last Texans game?

since ty injured his ankle he has been on fire for the last 3 games and im sure its a lot better now its almost been a month and he hasn't practiced in a while had time to rest it.  he will have a huge game just like against the titans

12 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

since ty injured his ankle he has been on fire for the last 3 games and im sure its a lot better now its almost been a month and he hasn't practiced in a while had time to rest it.  he will have a huge game just like against the titans

His ankle seemed pretty bad in last nights game. He was limping several times which I hadn’t noticed in the last few games.

I will say this once the Colts beat the Texans they will face the Pats in the AFCChamp game. Simply because now that the Colts are in who doesn't wanna see a Pats with * JM against the " Backup" FR led team for a chance to go to the Super Bowl. And the Colts win with a AV kick. ( i actually would rather see us blow them out) But thats a story line. 

18 minutes ago, Stephen said:

No turnovers

Bad penalties 

Double hopkins

Shut down miller

If every team could do that every game, they would would be unstoppable.  No turnovers, no bad penalties, double top wideout AND shutdown the run game.  That's alot to ask, but to honest, we've been doing some of it, so there is hope!

• Like 1

Start out in the hurry up with a nice up pace tempo.  Take some of the starch out of that defensive front and get out in front.  By the 2nd half, their line will be winded and then we put the run game on em and break their spirit.

Also be prepared for them to try to mimic the Jags gameplan, so have some counters for that scheme on the ready.  And be prepared for them to have some counters to us blitzing our slot corner.  We'll still have to use it to ensure we can get fast and immediate pressure on Watson but have to be selective with it and disguise it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I have noticed how winded the Texans defense gets when we run hurry-up (no huddle) offense.

I was looking at their D snap counts against the Jags. Watt and Clowney played 100% of them.   I like how we constantly swap our D line to keep them fresh. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I was looking at their D snap counts against the Jags. Watt and Clowney played 100% of them.   I like how we constantly swap our D line to keep them fresh. 

I watched that game too. Even though the Jags stunk, I noticed, at times, Watt and other D linemen gasping for air.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Daniel John said:

No, but he missed a whole week of practice before the last Texans game due to the shoulder. Since then, he has been missing practice due to the ankle.

I read he actually hurt it in that last Texan game. But he seems fired up and ready to play this game. He knows they have trouble stopping him.

Does anyone want to bet the first offensive play the colts have we go deep to Hilton.

I watched the last game between us.  I feel better about the game now.  If we play smart and limit the dumb penalties and turnovers of last week, i think we win by 7 or more.  If we start like Giants game or turn ball over, i see game going till the end.

i could be wrong, but i just dont see them pulling away from us unless we start slow like Giants game.

Am i overly optimistic?  I hope not.

23 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I guess....but PHI was the NFL #6 seed and they got the 4:00 game on Sunday. I don't really care...it just seems like some shoddy scheduling to have the SNF game in the first game. But like you said...it's all part of the climb.

Bright side is we win and we have an extra day of rest for next week.

I like how Reich pointed out to them you're viewed as trash by the press and everyone in the league (the #32 paper in the locker room) and how they're only the third team ever to get in after a 1-5 start. Even if our schedule wasn't killer, that's only been done twice before. This team fights hard and doesn't make excuses this year.

They're embracing the underdog role.

• Thanks 1

Just now, IinD said:

I like how Reich pointed out to them you're viewed as trash by the press and everyone in the league (the #32 paper in the locker room) and how they're only the third team ever to get in after a 1-5 start. Even if our schedule wasn't killer, that's only been done twice before. This team fights hard and doesn't make excuses this year.

They're embracing the underdog role.

It was great watching Elliott Harrison who does the rankings for the NFL Network eat crow. I seen it earlier, he was weeping but admitted he was wrong about our team. He finally gave us praise but what else could he do at this point. He had us rated #32.

• Like 2

We will beat them as long as we dont give them any free points. Watson moves the ball against us some but they don't actually score enough points to keep up with us. We assisted them in the first game, otherwise they really didn't hit pay dirt that often through their own efforts. They put up 21 in the 2nd matchup but the last TD didn't come till late. As long as we dont give them any free gift TDs and just be who we are we will be the winner. They are only good enough to beat us if we are sloppy. If we are sharp we will win and I have no doubts. Their weakness plays right into our strength. They are damn near last if not last in the league defending the passing game.

I am looking at the Texans box scores starting with their last lame and going backwards.  My thinking is that recent games are a better reflection of their current teamtendencies.

i noticed:

1. They have NO running game besides Watson. (OL issues?)

(vs jags:68yds, vs philly: 13 yds, vs jets:21yds, US: 54yds)

2.  They struggle leading time of possession

3.  They struggle with 3rd down efficiency 

4.  No notable yardage from WRs besides Hopkins

We need to contain watson from getting outside.  This, coupled with our ability to get pressure up the middle should limit him.  (Note: that inside pressure (or disruption) has been the key to our improved run D too, imo.  Many tackles for loss s this year.)

Next, do what you gotta do to limit Watkins.  I think we did a good job last game.

Their D had a hard time getting to Luck , and if we contain, we should be able to get to Watson.

I love ke a couple of their TEs, and if we handle Watson and Watkins, i expect them to favor the TEs, especially with our D.

I'm feeling ok about this one.  I think it will be a heck of a game.  But,somehow, i just expect Reich to have these guys resdy to go.  I also expect that they will give ecerything they have till the end.

As a fan, i can't really ask for more than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Round 3 should be a beauty. They won by 3 here in Indy, we won by 3 in Houston. They are 11-5, we are 10-6. Fun times ahead being in the dance and playing there again :thmup:. This has become a fun little rivalry. They have JJ, Clowney, Watson, and Hopkins. We have Luck, TY, Ebron, Leonard, and Nelson.

We also have a dominant O-line to their non-existent one and a run defense that hasn't allowed a 100 yard rusher yet. I believe Houston is what.....ranked 29th in pass defense currently? Yikes. 

I'm looking forward to Saturday. 1-0. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Stephen said:

No turnovers

Bad penalties 

Double hopkins

Shut down miller

Miller isnt the worry, containing Watson from running is.

i also think we should run the ball heavy at Watt and Clowney.  Take aeay their strengths.

in recent wekks, we contained Zeke, Saquon, and Henry.  Im not losing sleep over Miller.  Watson's legs on the other hand.....

16 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I have noticed how winded the Texans defense gets when we run hurry-up (no huddle) offense.

Interesting that you mentioned this.  I noticed that JJ Watt was VERY winded last time and many times he was taking those huge breaths with his hands on this hips.  The only reason I noticed it is because the cameras were mostly on him..... 

great observation

TY won't miss the chance to light up the Texans in Houston - that's gotta be his favorite stadium besides LOS.

Get Ebron, Cox and Hewitt lined up on LB's and throw right over 'em. Get Mack going in the run game and some swing passes.  

Bracket Hopkins like last time and hold the edge so Miller and the QB can't run around. Don't sit in zone coverage entire game, and SEND THOSE BLITZES!! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

They had trouble with the corner blitzes last time because watson is not good at reading defenses that well hopefully they came with a similar gameplan Saturday

I would be cautious with that. They are probably expecting us to repeat the same defensive gameplan. We need to just make sure we are of aware of Hopkins location at ALL TIMES!!!!

It's gonna be a close game. We need to get to Watson early and often and take advantage of their terrible offensive line! Can't allow Watson to use his feet to kill us when he either runs the ball or tries to throw it downfield. We need to hope the referees aren't against us on the road and need to come up with a balanced attack for Luck. If we can do that, we win.