Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Releasing Denzelle Good

Case

11 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

We also re-signed Philip Walker to the practice squad for the 40th time

He probably just goes to the parking lot of Lucas Oil Stadium and waits for Ballard to text him to tell him he's re-signed to the practice squad every time they release him. 3 things are certain in life, Death, Taxes, and Phillip Walker being re-signed to the practice squad! :) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He probably just goes to the parking lot of Lucas Oil Stadium and waits for Ballard to text him to tell him he's re-signed to the practice squad every time they release him. 3 things are certain in life, Death, Taxes, and Phillip Walker being re-signed to the practice squad! :) 

4 things, You forgot the Patriots making it to the AFC Championship game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

With Kareem Hunt released, that may happen as well unfortunately. :( 

Now the Chiefs offense will be one-dimensional and will be less of a threat to Belichick's "bend but don't break" defense. Well, here's hoping the Rams beat the Pats in the SB!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlanNC said:

Phillip Walker is the human Yo-yo.  Why release him yesterday to resign him today.  Crazy.

I know, this whole Walker and Winbush back and forth thing is irritating to me, imagine how these kids feel. I sure don’t understand the need to go back and forth like that with these two guys at all. What advantages does the team have by rotating them in and out of the PS?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I’m sorry to hear about what happened to his brother. However the guy sucked. I don’t think a team will pick him up. He can’t stay healthy. 

I wouldn’t be so sure he isn’t picked up. He has potential but has to stay healthy. If he does, he’ll be a good pickup for somebody. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I wouldn’t be so sure he isn’t picked up. He has potential but has to stay healthy. If he does, he’ll be a good pickup for somebody. 

Yeah the Colts OLine is so good right now that teams will probably be more inclined to pick up our castoffs.  Especially considering the success of Blythe after we let him go.

32 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I know, this whole Walker and Winbush back and forth thing is irritating to me, imagine how these kids feel. I sure don’t understand the need to go back and forth like that with these two guys at all. What advantages does the team have by rotating them in and out of the PS?

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

1 hour ago, TDewar1987 said:

We also re-signed Philip Walker to the practice squad for the 40th time

I am pretty sure that he is used a lot on the P.S.  He's taken off after games for when moves need to be made, than brought back after they decide whom they decide is the guy they don't need.  Probably have a verbal agreement with him over this IMO.

12 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I am pretty sure that he is used a lot on the P.S.  He's taken off after games for when moves need to be made, than brought back after they decide whom they decide is the guy they don't need.  Probably have a verbal agreement with him over this IMO.

Man i hope they have an agreement here. Walker probably has it marked on his calendar when he's going to be released next. 

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

I think he truly hit his peak for potential. Reminds me of how the forum hyped up Roy Hall from OSU. They were infatuated with his size. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

If you notice it's every other week.....which means they likely have handshake agreements we'll resign you. So they rotate him with Swoope (early in the season) and now Winbush. That way they still get fairly steady paychecks.

Ballard is a genius with this roster jenga stuff....

Yeah, that ain't it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I mean with the timing he gets a check every week. Basically its an 11 man ps for payment purposes

• Like 1

I feel pretty certain Good did not meet the teams defined weight goals, and at 345 pounds, chronic knee and ankle issues were inevitable. I don't think he truly understands what "taking care of your body" means or how much potential he has at the 315 pound mark. I really rooted for him. Too bad.

• Like 1