Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

REPORT: Colts expected to hire McDaniels as HC, per NFL.com

Superman

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

I didn't read Doyle's article. But i did go back and look at the rosters, strength of schedule, number of games Bradford played, and that coaching staff. Kinda come up with your perspective as to his Rams experience as being well, garbage.
 He would wisely take the Titans job if offered. I would bet on his wisdom.

I believe Bradford got hurt that year!

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

Color me skeptical about McDaniels too.

I agree with those who point out that there is no evidence based on his time outside New England that he’s going to be successful this time. And contrary to the general belief people often don’t learn from their mistakes, they just end up repeating them over and over. It takes special qualities to learn from your mistakes.

That being said, I hope I’m wrong and I’ll be unexpectedly rewarded (best feeling) as a Colts fan during McDaniels times in Indianapolis.

I personally prefer to learn from other’s mistakes. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I really haven't been chiming too much on any of this. I get tired of all this just because it's like you say, It's all been gone over and over.

No matter who is hired IMO things are not going to turn around as quick as some expect. Anytime you have a complete overhaul in coaching staff it takes time. It's not like you have a few coordinators in place and just need that one coach to make it work.

Hopefully I am wrong, we shall see.

tell that to ucf who went from 0 and 12 before scott and 14-0 his first year as there coach. lol i know its only college but still just saying :thmup:

8 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

So do most here think this is pretty solid or do you think the Titans will "steal" him away?

Man if that happened Jon Robinson would be a snake of a GM. And I'd probably forever hate the Titans. Not because I think McDaniels will be this outstanding great coach, but more on how Robinson goes about this by snaking his way in and stealing him after how their front office treated Mike Murlarky. And I don't buy that Tennessee can sell that they are for sure a better job over the Colts. I would argue that if both teams were fully healthy, Indy would win the majority of the games. Luck is much better than Mariota, and the talent is not as lacking as many think on this Colts roster. 

Obviously none of us know how this will play out.  We've been over the past with McD ad nauseam, what's done is done.  What gives me hope for the future is that McDaniels, by most accounts, is Ballard's #1 choice.  This is the man he sees as the most capable of carrying out his vision, and I do believe Ballard has a vision for this franchise.  This type of cohesion from the top down is exactly what we need post Pagano.  We all love Pagano but its undeniable that the Pags/Grigs era was marred by infighting, devoid of a global identity, and characterized by a lack of growth.  This hiring, if it indeed happens, signifies a solid foundation we can build on.  Three pieces (including Mr.Irsay) at the top in lockstep.  Past aside and future be damned, this truly feels like a rebirth for the shoe.  I for one, will embrace it.  Hopefully the men charged with seeing it thru are up to the task.  

25 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Obviously none of us know how this will play out.  We've been over the past with McD ad nauseam, what's done is done.  What gives me hope for the future is that McDaniels, by most accounts, is Ballard's #1 choice.  This is the man he sees as the most capable of carrying out his vision, and I do believe Ballard has a vision for this franchise.  This type of cohesion from the top down is exactly what we need post Pagano.  We all love Pagano but its undeniable that the Pags/Grigs era was marred by infighting, devoid of a global identity, and characterized by a lack of growth.  This hiring, if it indeed happens, signifies a solid foundation we can build on.  Three pieces (including Mr.Irsay) at the top in lockstep.  Past aside and future be damned, this truly feels like a rebirth for the shoe.  I for one, will embrace it.  Hopefully the men charged with seeing it thru are up to the task.  

We have absolutely no reason to not trust this GM. I for one, like his demeanor more than any previous Colts GM. That includes Mr Polian...who I admire greatly. He should get a reasonable amount of time to bring this team to the level that we all hope to see. Hand wringing, pre-guessing, failure predicting....and the like....are bad for the energy of the fanbase as a whole, imo. 

It is a very opportune time for Colt fans to believe with all of their being. 

5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Indy still has Sheard, Basham, and Simon so I think it may be a little overkill. The OL needs some major help outside of Kelly and Costanzo. 

I like Sheard and Simon and think Basham has potential, but none of those three are elite. Decent to very solid, but not game changers. Colts could certainly use more OLBs. 

8 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Apparantly Matt Eberflus' wife added a Colts logo to her facebook profile picture. Not a joke, i saw it pop up on the bleacher report app lol.

Just saw the picture myself, funny situation

I couldn't be happier as a Colts fan.

I like McDaniels more than Nagy and Toub, mostly because I honestly thought hiring the guy was a pipe dream (like Harbaugh). I hate the Pats more than any other team in the league but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think he could take us to the next level.

I couldn't be happier as a Colts fan.

I like McDaniels more than Nagy and Toub, mostly because I honestly thought hiring the guy was a pipe dream (like Harbaugh). I hate the Pats more than any other team in the league but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think he could take us to the next level.

1 hour ago, KING. said:

Matt Eberflus who served as the Cowboys linebackers coach is reportedly going to our next DC.

If Demarcus Lawrence hits the open market, there's a strong possibility the Colts will pursue him. Hopefully his ties with Eberflus is enough to lure him to Indianapolis.

Pipe dream....Dallas will never let him hit the market.

1 hour ago, KING. said:

Matt Eberflus who served as the Cowboys linebackers coach is reportedly going to our next DC.

If Demarcus Lawrence hits the open market, there's a strong possibility the Colts will pursue him. Hopefully his ties with Eberflus is enough to lure him to Indianapolis.

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

6A0810ED-C164-4318-9579-1F0D0B056309.jpeg

Beat me to it.

1 hour ago, KING. said:

He won't hit the market. You don't let 16.5 sacks walk, but even if He did he's cost  close to franchise like yearly average with half guaranteed.  We shouldn't even have a sliver of hope he will be a Colt, but what hope there might be will cost us an arm and a leg.  Forego the thought friend.

Also, keep in mind this guys: If in a week or two, McDaniels does "pull out" and back down from what appears to be a handshake agreement, then he would be committing career-suicide basically and would never be trusted again in the NFL.

This is VERY different than a Frank Gore - Eagles situation. Players on the open market are a completely different story. In that situation, one is right to assume that they don't have anything done till the pen hits the paper and there is ink. 

He's always been overrated to me and benefited from the best HC/QB duo in history. But, I am open minded and willing to give him a fair chance and hope it works out great assuming this all does happen 100%. I am often someone who waits until something is "officially official" before I really think about it.

Sounds like it might really happen so if it does I guess welcome to the Colts Coach McDaniels. 

52 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Lots on congratulations messages posted to her and her hubby for the Colts job, too.  Interesting stuff.

All of that has been removed so she was either hacked, didn't know she posted in public or didn't mean to post it yet.

1 minute ago, Shepman said:

All of that has been removed so she was either hacked, didn't know she posted in public or didn't mean to post it yet.

I doubt she was "hacked" and it was added. The comments and (her replies too?) seemed like it was a done deal and many people seemed confident in their congratulations. 

She probably didn't realize it would blow up like this lol. Probably just a mistake (one that her husband will probably have to answer to from Cowboys, Colts, and/or McDaniels lolol).

4 hours ago, #12. said:

Not with where you were going with it - how you envision this 4-3 defense to operate as opposed to Chuck's/Monachino's defense.  

Not sure where you thought I was going with it. We don't have enough speed up front in our defense, no matter what front we run. We basically have no off ball linebackers, and no speed rushers (waiting on Basham). 

That doesn't mean the players we signed last year don't fit in a different front. Especially Hankins and Sheard, the ones we spent the most money on.

4 hours ago, #12. said:

Here's what I was getting at: had you gone to this 4-3 last year, would you have signed any of those players?  I don't know.

That's a different way of putting it. I think Hankins would be a good fit in any front. Sheard is best as an OLB; I think he can play DE but I don't think he would be a target for a 4-3 team.