Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

REPORT: Colts expected to hire McDaniels as HC, per NFL.com

Superman

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arizona may be hiring Mike Munchak:

2. More on #AZCardinals and Mike Munchak, a top candidate: #Titans wanted to keep him after 2013 assuming he'd make staff changes. He refused & was fired. But he held that place together ... Would he bring OC Todd Haley along with him? Haley is a free agent now.

#AZCardinals are putting in 2nd interview requests today for their HC position, and #Steelers OL coach Mike Munchak is expected to receive one, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. He's a strong candidate.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I know you've been a cop for awhile and have a solid job in law enforcement, to do that you have to work there for a long time. I also know you are a solid poster. However, I don't think you are real old. Going to guess 46.

46 is real old? 

17 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I thought he might to but to ensure you have 2 you may need to bring 2 in for a look see! But I agree Rodgers might be one of them!

No problem. Nothing wrong with competition. And I’m guessing under McDaniels, Luck won’t be so TY reliant...  Get these other guys involved early and often. So when crunch time comes in the playoffs and they’re needed to step up, they’ll be more comfortable and prepared. 

The Patriots have had a lot of success with smaller, shifty receivers, who can get open in space and generate YAC. Receivers like Welker, Troy Brown, Edelman, Amendola, Cooks, etc. (Randy Moss was an exception to this). They even had Austin Collie and Griff Whalen for a short period.

Which receivers currently on the roster fit the mold, and which receivers in FA should we look at, given that McDaniels may want similar types of receivers.

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

They also think the titans are better than the Colts. I will admit the talent maybe close, but I just don't see it to be true. 

Titans strike me as average in a lot of ways, including Mariota. I formerly thought he'd be pretty darn good, but I now have doubts. I'll take the Colts roster with the promise of Luck's future any day of the week

1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

Was listening to the Stampede Blue Podcast and they made an interesting point......

Say what you like about Jim Irsay, but in the last two years he has managed to get the strongest GM candidate available to the Colts, and the strongest coaching candidate (on paper) available to Indy, even with the roster in the shape it is.

Bu..but....but.....I thought Mr Irsay was making an embarrassing image of the Colts and driving people away?

In all seriousness, you are one of my favorite posters here. Everything you post has thought, structure, and informative intent. Very well done. 

1 hour ago, Two_pound said:

I will disagree with you on one point Jared, I don't think Dan's career was wasted at all. He played alot of great games, great performances where, like Peyton's career here, he carried the team. Not only that Peyton actually carried 2 different teams to titles. I don't think anyone else has ever done that. Is Peyton the only qb to win a sb for 2 different teams as the STARTING qb? And don't say the denver defense won that sb. Where has that denver team been the last 2 seasons WITHOUT Peyton?

I love Peyton. You love Peyton. Hell we all love Peyton.  But he didn’t win that Super Bowl for the Broncos. Nor the one for us.  The team did with a heavy emphasis on the defense.  Now granted his play uplifted both franchises while he played. And it was ironic & fitting that others needed to get him over the hump.  

But Peyton has the 2 lowest QB ratings for the winning QB in Super Bowl history.  That can’t be denied just as his greatness can’t be denied.  Imagine if Peyton had a top 10 Defense his entire career to pick him up when he stumbled???  Football is the ultimate team game.  Shame he only got 2 and only 1 with us.  Peyton was so special he deserved 7 Super Bowls...

12 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

The Patriots have had a lot of success with smaller, shifty receivers, who can get open in space and generate YAC. Receivers like Welker, Troy Brown, Edelman, Amendola, Cooks, etc. (Randy Moss was an exception to this). They even had Austin Collie and Griff Whalen for a short period.

Which receivers currently on the roster fit the mold, and which receivers in FA should we look at, given that McDaniels may want similar types of receivers.

Rogers fits that mold.  Jarvis Landry is a true possession receiver who fits that mold as well. But may be too expensive. And I think TY can play the Cooks role.  McDaniels will scheme him open.

42 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Thank you for your service.

42 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ah, I see. Yeah, that's pretty rough. Unfortunately, that can come with the territory. Hopefully you stay as healthy as possible from now on.

Thank you for your service in the military as well, that can't be said enough, and should be said more today.

Thanks guys, but don't thank me, thank those in Arlington and those on a wall D.C. those are the ones who deserve the thanks.  Me, I've done nothing special but sign a contract.

28 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Arizona may be hiring Mike Munchak:

2. More on #AZCardinals and Mike Munchak, a top candidate: #Titans wanted to keep him after 2013 assuming he'd make staff changes. He refused & was fired. But he held that place together ... Would he bring OC Todd Haley along with him? Haley is a free agent now.

#AZCardinals are putting in 2nd interview requests today for their HC position, and #Steelers OL coach Mike Munchak is expected to receive one, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. He's a strong candidate.

Man, TN is a dumpster fire and a half.  Same thing that got Maluarky fired.

19 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

I'd say Rogers and TY fit that bill.

8 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Wow! 

13 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I love Peyton. You love Peyton. Hell we all love Peyton.  But he didn’t win that Super Bowl for the Broncos. Nor the one for us.  The team did with a heavy emphasis on the defense.  Now granted his play uplifted both franchises while he played. And it was ironic & fitting that others needed to get him over the hump.  

But Peyton has the 2 lowest QB ratings for the winning QB in Super Bowl history.  That can’t be denied just as his greatness can’t be denied.  Imagine if Peyton had a top 10 Defense his entire career to pick him up when he stumbled???  Football is the ultimate team game.  Shame he only got 2 and only 1 with us.  Peyton was so special he deserved 7 Super Bowls...

Considering QBR is a relatively new stat, especially compared to the SB era, I highly doubt that. Maybe the past decade.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Man, TN is a dumpster fire and a half.  Same thing that got Maluarky fired.

I'd say Rogers and TY fit that bill.

Wow! 

Sounds like Mariotta may not be as easy to work with as some think.  Not that he’s got an attitude problem but maybe he’s just not progressing as quickly as a pocket passer?  From what I’ve seen of him, he’s not very accurate outside the numbers or deep.  Take away his dump offs to the backs and his 1st read over the middle or in the slot and he struggles.  That’s what we’ve used over the years against him & why he never beat us before this season.

2 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Considering QBR is a relatively new stat, especially compared to the SB era, I highly doubt that.

Look it up. It’s the truth.  I believe it’s even lower than Big Ben’s first Super Bowl win.  And I made a mistake.  Not QBR but passer rating.  Regardless he’s got the 2 lowest for Super Bowl “winning” QB’s.

25 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

No problem. Nothing wrong with competition. And I’m guessing under McDaniels, Luck won’t be so TY reliant...  Get these other guys involved early and often. So when crunch time comes in the playoffs and they’re needed to step up, they’ll be more comfortable and prepared. 

Agree spread the ball around. When all the action goes to ty much easier to defend and take out of the game! And then luck seems to force him the ball!

17 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I am not too sure about Manning having the 2 lowest rating in SB history. I would check Big Ben's first one. Or maybe Jim McMahon. Maybe even Trend Dilfer. I could be wrong but without going through I would think they are pretty low.

50 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Chester Rogers definitely. TY will fit just the same as Cooks.

38 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Is central indiana really considered redneck? 

I lived in Indy for 14 years and am currently living in Memphis TN. Down here is redneck. Indy is more hick, which is a lesser grade of redneck.

(Not sure why I gave this that much thought...)

21 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Look it up. It’s the truth.  I believe it’s even lower than Big Ben’s first Super Bowl win.  And I made a mistake.  Not QBR but passer rating.  Regardless he’s got the 2 lowest for Super Bowl “winning” QB’s.

looking up, Terry Bradshaw has the worst passer rating during a play-off run. Manning has 2nd and 3rd. But that is measuring all games played during the playoff.

If you want to look at SB alone, he had an 81.8 passer rating for 2006 SB and a 56.6 for the 2015 SB.

That 81.8 is more near mid level performance. Even TB had a worse rating in one of his SB games.  However that 2015 most likely is the worst. 

All stats from Pro-football reference.

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Bu..but....but.....I thought Mr Irsay was making an embarrassing image of the Colts and driving people away?

In all seriousness, you are one of my favorite posters here. Everything you post has thought, structure, and informative intent. Very well done. 

Wow, thanks very much for taking the time to post that.

You have made my day buddy!

:thanks:

33 minutes ago, Pelt said:

I lived in Indy for 14 years and am currently living in Memphis TN. Down here is redneck. Indy is more hick, which is a lesser grade of redneck.

(Not sure why I gave this that much thought...)

Redneck is more reserved for the south, while hick means relatively the same thing only it not location specific, and is actually a much older term than redneck, dating back to the 1600's.

However, in more modern times redneck is considered a state of action, it is what you do, hick is a state of being (it is who you are) through your class and world views. Though hick is reserved more for Midwesterners than Southerners and typically applies to white, lower class people raised in rural areas, but more so applies to trailer parks, hog farms, etc. 

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Is central indiana really considered redneck? 

It used to be said I-70 was the real Mason Dixon line, where the north side of Indy and northern Indiana were the north while south of I-70 was the south.  Due to advances in technology and whatnot, all of that is changing - throughout the country.  Today, no younger person grows up living an isolated life like people did decades ago.  Through technology, they grow up connected to people throughout the country, throughout the world.  For example, it's hard to find someone under 30 these days with a regional or southern accent anywhere - southern Indiana, Kentucky, South Carolina... anywhere.  Among the young, regional accents, regional differences are dying.  

I find it odd that colleges can hire a coach from another university before its season is completed.  For example, several teams had interim coaches for their bowl games, because the head coach took a job elsewhere.

I wonder why the NFL requires a teams' season to be completed for any of their coaches can agree/accept another job for next season?  Obviously, they wouldn't leave their team while still in the playoffs.  They can go to interviews, so why not let them accept an offer, too?  Seems it gives teams searching for coaches that do not have their team in the playoffs an unfair advantage.  Some teams have replaced head coaches and assistants already and we, the Giants, the Lions and the Cardinals have to wait to get our head coaching vacancy filled.  Also puts us weeks behind other teams in preparing for free agency and the draft in conjunction with a coaches' scheme, etc.

9 minutes ago, #12. said:

It used to be said I-70 was the real Mason Dixon line, where the north side of Indy and northern Indiana were the north while south of I-70 was the south.  Due to advances in technology and whatnot, all of that is changing - throughout the country.  Today, no younger person grows up living an isolated life like people did decades ago.  Through technology, they grow up connected to people throughout the country, throughout the world.  For example, it's hard to find someone under 30 these days with a regional or southern accent anywhere - southern Indiana, Kentucky, South Carolina... anywhere.  Among the young, regional accents, regional differences are dying.  

True, but the deep south has accents.

However, within Scotland there are 3 distinct accents. You're talking about America I presume, but even developed countries still have regional accents.