Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

REPORT: Colts expected to hire McDaniels as HC, per NFL.com

Superman

21 minutes ago, ad24rouse said:

It was a lazy column. Obviously, McDaniels crashed and burned as Broncos HC but that was a long time ago. It's certainly something to keep in mind but that's Doyle's only argument. I told him as much on Twitter and his responses to people asking who the Colts should have hired instead and he said multiple times, "anyone else." That's just lazy.

He's not Brad Wells bad, but he's not far off. 

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

And how exactly do you know everyone’s age? 

Some have revealed it on here in posts and others in stuff as simple as their username. I've been on here since 2014, so I've figured out everyone's age by posts or just by asking. It's also easy to figure out the rest just by how they post. Most have revealed it at one time or another though in the last 3, almost 4 years.

Then that also means the great Don Shula and even greater Jimmy Johnson wasted Dan Marino's career. I could go on and on, but there is no point. Lot's of great players have had there careers derailed by "inept coaches" who in some cases keep getting rehired to fail again. Will mcdaniels fail again? I hope not if he is hired here.

I agree with most of what you said Jared, I hate the way players are percieved based on what the "media" say. Luck has put up impressive numbers so far in his 5 years of playing. This team lost games because of the defense. How many times did Luck have to score 35 to win a game by 3 points? Way to many.

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It seems to me like the majority of the young posters are ok with McDaniels on here, and the majority of older posters are against him. Seems like a generational gap thing where the older people here have a closed mind toward him, like they are trying to find any excuse not to like him as the new HC. Mostly because he was a Pat and they are taking it way too far, even not liking our new HC over it. Whomever doesn't like it because of him being a Pat or them cheating, get over it, and whomever doesn't like him because of "supposed" cheating by him, get over that too. We should be proud to have a coach who fixed his flaws on the best team in the NFL behind the greatest coach in history, and now he wants anything to do with us. Get over his age, get over his failures at 30 years old, and get over the fact that he was a former Patriot. 

How old am I?

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Some have revealed it on here in posts and others in stuff as simple as their username. I've been on here since 2014, so I've figured out everyone's age by posts or just by asking. It's also easy to figure out the rest just by how they post. Most have revealed it at one time or another though in the last 3, almost 4 years.

how old am I? :P

4 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Then that also means the great Don Shula and even greater Jimmy Johnson wasted Dan Marino's career. I could go on and on, but there is no point. Lot's of great players have had there careers derailed by "inept coaches" who in some cases keep getting rehired to fail again. Will mcdaniels fail again? I hope not if he is hired here.

It took a herculian effort from Dan Marino to earn his HOF career in an era where passers like him weren't common like today's passing first game. There was literally nothing else he could do and the reason he never won a SB was solely on the faults of his coaches and poor talent around him. So while he made the best of a bad situation, his career was absolutely wasted in Mia, and he would of been a multiple time SB winner with average talent around him. He's the ultimate proof one player can't win a championship.

1 minute ago, IndyD4U said:

How old am I?

I would guess you are around 40-45. You don't seem extremely young, but you don't seem like an old-timer either. I haven't seen you post much or reveal your age. I'm also not going to cheat and look, because it's no fun to do that. :) 

19 hours ago, csmopar said:

It ain't official yet folks 

Like duh-uh. But when it's being reported like this, it's pretty much a lock to be true.

19 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I knew it would be McDaniels all along.

LOL

It was revealed to me through the cryptic odor of my farts!

19 hours ago, MightyLucks said:
Interesting 

Wow

20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Test: How old am I

6 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I agree with most of what you said Jared, I hate the way players are percieved based on what the "media" say. Luck has put up impressive numbers so far in his 5 years of playing. This team lost games because of the defense. How many times did Luck have to score 35 to win a game by 3 points? Way to many.

I still don't have a definitive read on Luck. I don't know if he's 2014 Luck where he absolutely can dominate games and take us to the SB when healthy and has a team around him, or 2014 RGIII where he just falls behind in games and plays "captain comeback" when the defense plays the prevent. He's done both roles in his career and I'm not sure which is the true Andrew Luck. I'm going to guess the former because that was before the year he originally got hurt in that game Vs the Broncos. Hopefully he returns to that 2014 form with McDaniels coaching him.

Just now, shakedownstreet said:

Like duh-uh. But when it's being reported like this, it's pretty much a lock to be true.

It was revealed to me through the cryptic odor of my farts!

Wow

I don't know.  Read the TN forums, they think he'll pull out and go to them

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would guess you are around 40-45. You don't seem extremely young, but you don't seem like an old-timer either. I haven't seen you post much or reveal your age. I'm also not going to cheat and look, because it's no fun to do that. :) 

You're not too far off... late 30's

I will disagree with you on one point Jared, I don't think Dan's career was wasted at all. He played alot of great games, great performances where, like Peyton's career here, he carried the team. Not only that Peyton actually carried 2 different teams to titles. I don't think anyone else has ever done that. Is Peyton the only qb to win a sb for 2 different teams as the STARTING qb? And don't say the denver defense won that sb. Where has that denver team been the last 2 seasons WITHOUT Peyton?

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I know you've been a cop for awhile and have a solid job in law enforcement, to do that you have to work there for a long time. I also know you are a solid poster. However, I don't think you are real old. Going to guess 46.

Not a cop but close enough. You're off by a few years too high.  Man, I do feel old now

46 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It seems to me like the majority of the young posters are ok with McDaniels on here, and the majority of older posters are against him. Seems like a generational gap thing where the older people here have a closed mind toward him, like they are trying to find any excuse not to like him as the new HC. Mostly because he was a Pat and they are taking it way too far, even not liking our new HC over it. Whomever doesn't like it because of him being a Pat or them cheating, get over it, and whomever doesn't like him because of "supposed" cheating by him, get over that too. We should be proud to have a coach who fixed his flaws on the best team in the NFL behind the greatest coach in history, and now he wants anything to do with us. Get over his age, get over his failures at 30 years old, and get over the fact that he was a former Patriot. 

Young is at heart, not in the body, and to me, that would be stereotyping and generalizing, just saying. :) 

To me, it is as simple as this: 

The Colts fans, who are willing to give Josh McDaniels a second chance, are the ones that trust our GM and owner to know that they feel his previous flaws can be overlooked, are the ones that are fine with McDaniels. 

The ones who are on the fence or not on board are the ones hung up with any dirty spots on his resume (whether it is in the name of the Patriots scandals or Broncos tenure) ignoring all the good work he may have done after that. 

You can be any age to take any of the above 2 postures, IMO. :)  For the record, I am on board with McDaniels. 

2 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I will disagree with you on one point Jared, I don't think Dan's career was wasted at all. He played alot of great games, great performances where, like Peyton's career here, he carried the team. Not only that Peyton actually carried 2 different teams to titles. I don't think anyone else has ever done that. Is Peyton the only qb to win a sb for 2 different teams as the STARTING qb? And don't say the denver defense won that sb. Where has that denver team been the last 2 seasons WITHOUT Peyton?

I think Dan's career was wasted potential in the sense that he couldn't win a SB. He's easily the greatest QB to never win a SB and it isn't close. The good news is people realize how great he was, so he still shined considering that he never won the big one. Peyton underperformed as well on the Colts. I will always be upset we couldn't put a better team around him to compete with the Pats more.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not a cop but close enough. You're off by a few years too high.  Man, I do feel old now

I'm guessing a bit higher than I should probably because this is the best Colts site online and the people on here are much better than the majority of Colts fans elsewhere, so I'm assuming they are slightly more mature. I can also tell most of the young ones as well on here. Sorry for making you feel old, lol. :) 

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm guessing a bit higher than I should probably because this is the best Colts site online and the people on here are much better than the majority of Colts fans elsewhere, so I'm assuming they are slightly more mature. I can also tell most of the young ones as well on here. Sorry for making you feel old, lol. :) 

you're fine, my knees make me feel old

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Sorry about that, I've been very fortunate in my life. No aches or pains, no injuries. I'm 30 though, so it'll catch up to me down the road. 

maybe.  My issues stem from the military wear and tear.  3 knee injuries, 1 shoulder injury and a back muscle tear later, I've finally decided its time to hang up the hat.  Not worth staying till retirement.

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

maybe.  My issues stem from the military wear and tear.  3 knee injuries, 1 shoulder injury and a back muscle tear later, I've finally decided its time to hang up the hat.  Not worth staying till retirement.

Thank you for your service.

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Ah, I see. Yeah, that's pretty rough. Unfortunately, that can come with the territory. Hopefully you stay as healthy as possible from now on.

Thank you for your service in the military as well, that can't be said enough, and should be said more today.