Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

REPORT: Colts expected to hire McDaniels as HC, per NFL.com

Superman

On 1/16/2018 at 12:20 PM, Smoke317 said:

Rogers fits that mold.  Jarvis Landry is a true possession receiver who fits that mold as well. But may be too expensive. And I think TY can play the Cooks role.  McDaniels will scheme him open.

Imagine short passes to TY instead of long bombs. 

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/16/2018 at 2:51 PM, Barry Sears said:

I find it odd that colleges can hire a coach from another university before its season is completed.  For example, several teams had interim coaches for their bowl games, because the head coach took a job elsewhere.

I wonder why the NFL requires a teams' season to be completed for any of their coaches can agree/accept another job for next season?  Obviously, they wouldn't leave their team while still in the playoffs.  They can go to interviews, so why not let them accept an offer, too?  Seems it gives teams searching for coaches that do not have their team in the playoffs an unfair advantage.  Some teams have replaced head coaches and assistants already and we, the Giants, the Lions and the Cardinals have to wait to get our head coaching vacancy filled.  Also puts us weeks behind other teams in preparing for free agency and the draft in conjunction with a coaches' scheme, etc.

I agree, I think it's dumb. I guess the NFL wants to avoid distractions or doesn't want a team complaining about distractions but everyone pretty much knows. 

5 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

In my opinion, Ballard went and got the best man for the job. There have been several others who have posted the reasoning far better than I ever could. My personal belief is that if Andrew Luck does return and is Andrew Luck then this hiring could shift the balance of power in the AFC from New England to Indianapolis. I don't think it will happen overnight but I wouldn't be shocked at all if we return to the playoffs in 2018, challenge for the AFC Championship in 2019, and win the Super Bowl in 2020. Maybe I'm overly optimistic and that's ok. For now anyway.

That's the one in Miami, right? Colts have a good record of SBs in Miami.

On 1/15/2018 at 6:37 PM, CR91 said:

Here are some things hes done WITHOUT tom brady. Went 11-5 with matt flipping cassell. Was 6-0 and beat the patriots with Kyle flipping Orton. Went 3-1 with grappolo and brisett when brady was suspended. Hes been apart of all 5 of the patriots championships and in fact the patriots didn't win another super bowl until mcdaniels came back to the patriots. Also a word of advice, never try to create conversation by citing that * doyle. 

He wasn't the head coach of the Patriots when he went 11-5, and when he went 3-1 with Grappolo. If we were talking about making him the new Colts OC then these facts would be relevant. Yeah, he went 6-0 in Denver, and then promptly proceeded to miss the playoffs, attempt a foolish trade, alienate the locker room, and get fired. Beat the Patriots? OK, fine. Luck must have been on his side that day. Just watch the way this guy carries himself, the way he communicates. This is NOT a leader.

18 minutes ago, masterlock said:

He wasn't the head coach of the Patriots when he went 11-5, and when he went 3-1 with Grappolo. If we were talking about making him the new Colts OC then these facts would be relevant. Yeah, he went 6-0 in Denver, and then promptly proceeded to miss the playoffs, attempt a foolish trade, alienate the locker room, and get fired. Beat the Patriots? OK, fine. Luck must have been on his side that day. Just watch the way this guy carries himself, the way he communicates. This is NOT a leader.

We're talking QBs other then Brady he's worked with. He traded Jay Cutler. What exactly has he done in his career? 

4 hours ago, Darryl Lewis II said:

I just realized something anybody think Mcdaniels was the target all along and since Mcdaniels turned down job opportunities last year Ballard waited for him and built the relationship between us and the Pats.

entirely plausible.... I like the fact that Ballard seemingly targeted McD and built a relationship prior to now.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, CR91 said:

We're talking QBs other then Brady he's worked with. He traded Jay Cutler. What exactly has he done in his career? 

well, he got fined for videotaping other teams play calls in Denver, AFTER BB/pats  had already been caught for doing the same thing in spygate.

so there's that.

we've all said the same thing about the pats, they cheat, once a cheater always a cheater, so now we have a convicted and admitted cheater coaching our team. great, just great.

now, if we ever win a superbowl, the colts will be called cheaters too and everyone will want an * next to any accomplishments under McCheater. I would if I was in any other state or a fan of any team other than the pats or colts.

And anyone wh reads this board can hold our accusations against the pats against the colts now. 

this Hiring, if it happens makes me sick, as it should all of you who have been saying:

the pats cheat every year and just dont get caught other than spygate and deflategate

that they still videotape things,

that they srtill deflate balls, (if you don't think McCheater, the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR, didn't know about this, then you are kidding yourself) 

that they bug the opposing teams locker room, (ask peyton and dungy, they'll tell you its true)

that they mess with the signals for coach communications, (ask tomlin, he'll tell you its true)

they pay off the refs

etc etc etc etc etc etc

So, now we have a decision to make:

either the pats weren't really cheaters outside of the deflagate and spygate and we admit that those scandals were overblown to downplay them and thus McCheater is clean so the colts will be clean too...this would be a complete contradiction of what 99.99999% of us have said about the pats over the years, or----

they were cheating every year, (this would be consistent with what 99.99999% of us have said about the pats over the years)  and the colts are now as dirty as the pats and McCheater,  because once a cheater, always a cheater ( see Denver spygate 2 under McCheater)

what's it gonna be folks?

our front office just legitimatized everything the pats have done in the Brady/BB era

pardon me, i'm going to go puke.

I'm not, here's why, read them and see how the front office just sold their souls to (maybe) win....

from the INDY STAR for god's sake: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2018/01/15/doyel-colts-expected-hire-josh-mcdaniels-why/1034425001/

the link is slow, heres some  text: McDaniels went 11-17 and was fired during his second season in Denver, a week after the NFL fined McDaniels after one of his staffers was caught illegally video-taping an opponent. Neither the NFL nor the Broncos could determine that McDaniels ordered the taping, but if we’re not going to give Belichick the benefit of the doubt on all the cheating that happens under his watch, let’s not give the benefit of the doubt to McDaniels just because he’s about to take over the Colts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/529119-spygate-ii-there-is-a-bigger-link-between-the-patriots-broncos-and-mcdaniels

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/josh-mcdaniels-spygate-2-denver-broncos-112910

best part from link above: "Even if Broncos coach Josh McDaniels is telling the entire truth — that he never looked at the six-minute tape of a walk-through San Francisco practice in London — there is entirely too much guilt by association for owner Pat Bowlen to keep him employed.

Article continues below ...

McDaniels basically implicated himself in the sorry practices he first learned while working for New England’s Bill Belichick. McDaniels and his friend, the fired Broncos video director Steve Scarnecchia, grew up in Belichick’s culture where apparently anything goes. If you can tape opposing teams while they are practicing, if you can glean anything from a Super Bowl walk-through, then certainly go ahead and do it. Cheating is allowed as long as you don’t get caught."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/27/broncos-mcdaniels-apologize-for-staffer-taping-49ers/

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/josh_mcdaniels_caught_cheating_again/s1_500_3688593

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/531859-nfl-ignoring-cheating-mcdaniels-is-nothing-new

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2011/7/13/2274847/josh-mcdaniels-todd-haley-kansas-city-chiefs-denver-broncos  --this was accusation separate and apart from the taping of the SF practice...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/191897-chiefs-punter-todd-haley-believed-josh-mcdaniels-cheated-in-matchup

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=392107  this one is great, debunks the idea the guy filming the walkthrough for McCheater went rogue and McCheater didn't know or ask him to do it....

https://www.milehighreport.com/2016/1/20/10793696/josh-mcdaniels-head-coach-patriots-broncos

I could post more but you get the point....I am sick to my stomach over this........we have not defeated the Sith, WE HAVE JOINED THEM! all hail darth McCheater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

once a cheater, always a cheater......... nice work Irsay, nice work....

if the colts ever win a SB under him, the question will always be: yeah, but did they CHEAT?

shame on you Irsay!!!!!!!!!!!!  shame shame shame!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

No different than stealing signs in baseball.  

so the pats aren't cheaters? you're OK with spygate and deflategate, you gonna tell me they were overblown?

3 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

If he wins, you will not care one bit.

yes I will, because every other team will think we cheated.  

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont really care, its about winning in 2018 now, and as long as it doesnt happen here this is irrelevant to me

our team has had scandals too, like player peds and the whole ear piece thing 

makes it easier for teams to call the colts cheaters now...

were you ok with the pats cheating in 03 holding our WR's so bad they changed the rules?

so, once a cheater always a cheater is not the case anymore? so, BB and brady aren't cheating anymore?

15 minutes ago, eseae said:

I'm not, here's why, read them and see how the front office just sold their souls to (maybe) win....

from the INDY STAR for god's sake: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2018/01/15/doyel-colts-expected-hire-josh-mcdaniels-why/1034425001/

the link is slow, heres some  text: McDaniels went 11-17 and was fired during his second season in Denver, a week after the NFL fined McDaniels after one of his staffers was caught illegally video-taping an opponent. Neither the NFL nor the Broncos could determine that McDaniels ordered the taping, but if we’re not going to give Belichick the benefit of the doubt on all the cheating that happens under his watch, let’s not give the benefit of the doubt to McDaniels just because he’s about to take over the Colts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/529119-spygate-ii-there-is-a-bigger-link-between-the-patriots-broncos-and-mcdaniels

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/josh-mcdaniels-spygate-2-denver-broncos-112910

best part from link above: "Even if Broncos coach Josh McDaniels is telling the entire truth — that he never looked at the six-minute tape of a walk-through San Francisco practice in London — there is entirely too much guilt by association for owner Pat Bowlen to keep him employed.

Article continues below ...

McDaniels basically implicated himself in the sorry practices he first learned while working for New England’s Bill Belichick. McDaniels and his friend, the fired Broncos video director Steve Scarnecchia, grew up in Belichick’s culture where apparently anything goes. If you can tape opposing teams while they are practicing, if you can glean anything from a Super Bowl walk-through, then certainly go ahead and do it. Cheating is allowed as long as you don’t get caught."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/27/broncos-mcdaniels-apologize-for-staffer-taping-49ers/

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/josh_mcdaniels_caught_cheating_again/s1_500_3688593

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/531859-nfl-ignoring-cheating-mcdaniels-is-nothing-new

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2011/7/13/2274847/josh-mcdaniels-todd-haley-kansas-city-chiefs-denver-broncos  --this was accusation separate and apart from the taping of the SF practice...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/191897-chiefs-punter-todd-haley-believed-josh-mcdaniels-cheated-in-matchup

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=392107  this one is great, debunks the idea the guy filming the walkthrough for McCheater went rogue and McCheater didn't know or ask him to do it....

https://www.milehighreport.com/2016/1/20/10793696/josh-mcdaniels-head-coach-patriots-broncos

I could post more but you get the point....I am sick to my stomach over this........we have not defeated the Sith, WE HAVE JOINED THEM! all hail darth McCheater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

once a cheater, always a cheater......... nice work Irsay, nice work....

if the colts ever win a SB under him, the question will always be: yeah, but did they CHEAT?

shame on you Irsay!!!!!!!!!!!!  shame shame shame!!!!!!!!!

Technically we've not hired anyone yet. :ninja:

Just now, DaColts85 said:

Deflate-gate was a joke and I hope no one mentions it again.  Happy with the hire and hope for a lot of wins as well.

Take Doyle with you to whatever wagon you jump on next.

but you are OK with them cheating all through the years..spygate? hello..............we kinda made a big deal about that here in colts land, now its OK?

please explain and help me understand....

4 minutes ago, eseae said:

so the pats aren't cheaters? you're OK with spygate and deflategate, you gonna tell me they were overblown?

yes I will, because every other team will think we cheated.  

Is that any worse than how people think about the Colts and their finalist banner

Just now, Smonroe said:

Nope, I’m the whole “I don’t care what happened back then, they paid the price, and I’m happy with the new coach” bandwagon.  

fair enough, let me ask you this...the colts win 2 SB's with McCjheater, and every other fan base says, yeah, but they must have cheated, they have McDaniels"..you gonna be OK with that? Im not....I expect the colts to hold themselves to a higher standard as they have in past seasons.

Just now, eseae said:

fair enough, let me ask you this...the colts win 2 SB's with McCjheater, and every other fan base says, yeah, but they must have cheated, they have McDaniels"..you gonna be OK with that? Im not....I expect the colts to hold themselves to a higher standard as they have in past seasons.

So they win two SBs with McDaniels and some other fans of other teams have a suspicion the Colts maybe, possibly, could have cheated to do it? Sign me up!!

56 minutes ago, eseae said:

well, he got fined for videotaping other teams play calls in Denver, AFTER BB/pats  had already been caught for doing the same thing in spygate.

so there's that.

we've all said the same thing about the pats, they cheat, once a cheater always a cheater, so now we have a convicted and admitted cheater coaching our team. great, just great.

now, if we ever win a superbowl, the colts will be called cheaters too and everyone will want an * next to any accomplishments under McCheater. I would if I was in any other state or a fan of any team other than the pats or colts.

And anyone wh reads this board can hold our accusations against the pats against the colts now. 

this Hiring, if it happens makes me sick, as it should all of you who have been saying:

the pats cheat every year and just dont get caught other than spygate and deflategate

that they still videotape things,

that they srtill deflate balls, (if you don't think McCheater, the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR, didn't know about this, then you are kidding yourself) 

that they bug the opposing teams locker room, (ask peyton and dungy, they'll tell you its true)

that they mess with the signals for coach communications, (ask tomlin, he'll tell you its true)

they pay off the refs

etc etc etc etc etc etc

So, now we have a decision to make:

either the pats weren't really cheaters outside of the deflagate and spygate and we admit that those scandals were overblown to downplay them and thus McCheater is clean so the colts will be clean too...this would be a complete contradiction of what 99.99999% of us have said about the pats over the years, or----

they were cheating every year, (this would be consistent with what 99.99999% of us have said about the pats over the years)  and the colts are now as dirty as the pats and McCheater,  because once a cheater, always a cheater ( see Denver spygate 2 under McCheater)

what's it gonna be folks?

our front office just legitimatized everything the pats have done in the Brady/BB era

pardon me, i'm going to go puke.

I think Im going to puke too....welcome back Troll!

As far as Spygate, yes it was cheating when BB videotaped the Rams walkthrough before the Super Bowl because that particular practice was supposed to be private.  

The Pats push it to the limit searching for loopholes more so than actually cheating.

7 minutes ago, eseae said:

Do I really care what ANY other fan base says?  Nah. 

7 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

As far as Spygate, yes it was cheating when BB videotaped the Rams walkthrough before the Super Bowl because that particular practice was supposed to be private.  

The Pats push it to the limit searching for loopholes more so than actually cheating.

see, this is the exact example of what Im talking about. it has been proven the pars didn't tape the walk through, but everyone thinks they did because the past never get the benefit of the doubt...same thing will happen to the colts...

10 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Oh boy... I see one of the Patriot Trolls is back from the old RATS board:)

Thanks for mentioning the RATS board. I use to post there oh so many moons ago (2002?). Thought it was time to get back in on the fun. Oh, I'm a Colts fan to be clear.

14 minutes ago, eseae said:

but you are OK with them cheating all through the years..spygate? hello..............we kinda made a big deal about that here in colts land, now its OK?

please explain and help me understand....

You throw out "we" pretty easily. Didn't "we" also supposedly cheat by adding sound to our stadium sound system? Wait......maybe that was just an accusation by the Pats. Makes one think....

In the end, should he cheat here and not get fired, I will end my fan support...fair enough?