Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

REPORT: Colts expected to hire McDaniels as HC, per NFL.com

Superman

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

So do most here think this is pretty solid or do you think the Titans will "steal" him away?

It will never happen, I wouldn't worry about it. Josh is ours. Just like Andrew Luck not having any blood flow in his throwing arm lmao. I am surprised Luck still has an arm without any blood flow. I guess he isn't human.

4 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I just want all this to be over with. It’s incredibly old at this point with all the “well my opinion because of something that happened almost 10 years ago means it’ll be the same.”

We really have a fan base that is stuck in the past with a lot of scenarios, and being so against him coming here just because of where he comes from and a previous tenure is just stupid. How many coaches have failed their first time, went back to college or stepped down only to come back into a head coach position and excelled? I’d seriously hold off on the hate and negativity until McDaniels comes in, has a healthy Luck, the draft, free agency, all new coordinators and a year or two under belt as coach. 

That’s probably asking too much from most people here though. 

I think you are overlooking a couple of things. Just because some don't welcome McDaniels with open arms does not make it hate or negative.

Just because McDaniels may be a great offensive signal calling does not automatically mean he will be a great head coach.  A head coaches job will not be just his ability to call offensive plays but be a leader of men.

Just because some may have those questions does not make them stupid when looking at his resume.

As far as history there have been plenty of coaches who have failed their first time and come back and failed again.

I am guessing someone has already talked about it, but there are so many replies, I thought I would ask again.

Don't you believe McDaniel's taking the HC position is a very positive sign about Luck's shoulder and health? I know McDaniel's liked Jacoby Brissett, but Luck is far and away superior when healthy. I would think it would be one of the major considerations for McDaniel's taking the HC position of the Colts.

I know we are all in the dark, but I see this as a positive. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, loudnproudcolt said:

I am guessing someone has already talked about it, but there are so many replies, I thought I would ask again.

Don't you believe McDaniel's taking the HC position is a very positive sign about Luck's shoulder and health? I know McDaniel's liked Jacoby Brissett, but Luck is far and away superior when healthy. I would think it would be one of the major considerations for McDaniel's taking the HC position of the Colts.

I know we are all in the dark, but I see this as a positive. Thoughts?

Ballard said before this looking for a head coach even started he didn't want a head coach to come here just to coach Luck. I believe him.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

That's a different way of putting it. I think Hankins would be a good fit in any front. Sheard is best as an OLB; I think he can play DE but I don't think he would be a target for a 4-3 team. 

He has played his best in a 3-4 and had a down year when the Pats played more of a 4-3 base D.

If you're skeptical over the potential hire, that's fine. I'm super excited, but like all coaches, there's pros and cons. Let's hope McDaniels works out. 

But I cannot, for the life of me, understand the section of colts fans who are mad they got a former Pat to coach the team. Like, who cares? First of all, you should be happy we're taking one of their most valuable assets away.

And secondly, we may be hated rivals, but they're a football team. That's it. Nothing more nothing less. There's no moral high ground. No good vs evil. It's literally just football. 

Quit acting like the colts have partaken in some cardinal sin and are no longer worthy of your support as a fan. In case y'all haven't noticed, we traded with em and signed some former patriots recently too.

So how long until we have a video taping scandal or deflated footballs?  I'd say around 2 years? 

Don't get me wrong I think he can be a good coach and I have mild excitement for the future, but he has a very checkered past.  And that checkered past is with and without Belichek.  

33 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

So how long until we have a video taping scandal or deflated footballs?  I'd say around 2 years? 

Don't get me wrong I think he can be a good coach and I have mild excitement for the future, but he has a very checkered past.  And that checkered past is with and without Belichek.  

You really think that will happen regarding your 1st sentence? Man that is a stretch of Conspiracy Theory thought if I have ever heard one. I guess if we hire him some people still wont be happy. 99% of people wanted Chuck gone and say Chuck sucks in here, now we go out and get a guy that is young, been under BB, and has a scheme that will prolong Luck's career and some still aren't happy. Oh well, I think hiring McDaniels is the right thing to do. Out of the candidates out there he is arguably the best. To the people that say Wilks or Shurmur, what would make them better? I think people that bring them up are people that just don't want McDaniels. McDaniels has a better resume than both. What would make Nagy better for that matter? What would make Toub better? We weren't getting Harbaugh because he wasn't leaving Michigan either.

Hi guys - Titans fan here.

Whats new with McDaniels? Reports seem to come out that he is for sure your guys HC? If so how true are those reports? Was really hoping we can somehow snatch him away from you guys but at this point it seems highly unlikely....

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You really think that will happen regarding your 1st sentence? Man that is a stretch of Conspiracy Theory thought if I have ever heard one. I guess if we hire him some people still wont be happy. 99% of people wanted Chuck gone and say Chuck sucks in here, now we go out and get a guy that is young, been under BB, and has a scheme that will prolong Luck's career and some still aren't happy. Oh well, I think hiring McDaniels is the right thing to do. Out of the candidates out there he is arguably the best. To the people that say Wilks or Shurmur, what would make them better? I think people that bring them up are people that just don't want McDaniels. McDaniels has a better resume than both. What would make Nagy better for that matter? What would make Toub better? We weren't getting Harbaugh because he wasn't leaving Michigan either.

I agree with hiring McDaniels.  He's the most promising young coach we could hire.  The NE offense would seem to be worth implementing here.  JM is one heckuva game planner. 

But what do you expect from people who hate the Patriots and call them out as cheaters?  That they should suddenly decide that maybe McDaniels was not involved or did not know?  Why would their attitude change when he comes to the Colts? 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe he puts fires out, who knows lmao. Like you said who cares what he thinks.

I’m a Westside Fireman, but not THAT Westside fireman!!!! Not a fan of McDaniels, but I’m also not jumping ship over it, that’s a little overboard! It’ll have to be wait and see for me, hopefully he proves me and others who aren’t sold on him wrong. 

36 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Someone could have hacked and photoshopped her account, maybe why it’s deleted now.

Ya that's it, lets hack the account of a no name person and post a picture of them associated with a team, whom less than 24 hours ago nobody knew was possible. That could be plausible, or they realized they messed up and deleted it and will just use the age old, unprovable, excuse that someone hacked their account.

52 minutes ago, Roger said:

I agree with hiring McDaniels.  He's the most promising young coach we could hire.  The NE offense would seem to be worth implementing here.  JM is one heckuva game planner. 

To me, that is just a sad statement. I've never been a supporting of McDaniels, and that is just based on his track record and quoted players who hated playing for him. He was called a "punk" more than once.