Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 opponents [Merge]

CR91

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, coltsleafs said:

I think I'm going to go see a game in Seattle this year. Did you know the Colts haven't played in Seattle since 2005. The last two times we played them was in Indy. 

I was thinking of doing the same.  My wife and I have discussed not renewing our season tickets and just using that money for a family trip every year to a Colts away game instead.  Yes, it would be more expensive, but not by much, and would be much more memorable IMHO.  We have discussed either Seattle or LA, but we've been to LA, but not yet Seattle.  I hear it's beautiful.

On 12/28/2016 at 10:05 PM, CR91 said:

Texans - L

Titans - L

Jags - W

Seahawks - L

Rams - W

Cards - W

49ers - W

Broncos - L

Bills - L

Bengals - L

Steelers - L

Ravens - L

Browns - W

Thoughts 

Going off this year's coaching staff + roster = 6-10 or 7-9

2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I was thinking of doing the same.  My wife and I have discussed not renewing our season tickets and just using that money for a family trip every year to a Colts away game instead.  Yes, it would be more expensive, but not by much, and would be much more memorable IMHO.  We have discussed either Seattle or LA, but we've been to LA, but not yet Seattle.  I hear it's beautiful.

PacNW is so much better than LALa land. I'm biased though. 

On 12/28/2016 at 10:28 PM, CR91 said:

um no. we're locked as third in our division and so are the broncos and bills

if the titans lose and we win then both teams would finish at 8-8

since we beat them twice wouldnt that put us at second in the south?

22 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

In 2013,  we beat Seattle and Denver,  who played in the previous SB.     We also beat San Fran who went to the NFC Championship.      And we beat KC -- twice -- including once in the playoffs.

We played quality teams and beat them.     But the haters HATE being reminded of it..........

i think it was actually the same season, makes it more impressive :rock:

"MTC" you don't think much of the rejuvenated, reenergized Colts with the same staff that hopefully learned from this disastrous 2016 season do you.....I would say another 8-8 at best again for 2017......Yea agree, another mediocre, losing season....This is getting old and Irsay must love losing...

4 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I live in  Washington and one of the girls I work with is a season ticket holders for the seahawks. Already asked to buy her seats for that game. Hopefully we win but will be awesome to see a fame in that stadium anyways.

On 12/29/2016 at 5:24 AM, bayone said:

correct , then dont get broncos

Broncos will be better next year too with a young Shane Ray starting instead of Ware(who has declined slowly). But I think I would still rather not face KC or Oakland than Denver depending on the offseason. 

15 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Yah I'm not sure yet if I'm going to keep my season tickets either. I always do two or three roads game every year anyways. I figure I'll wait to do LA once they have a new stadium unless they play Seattle la back to back weeks or something 

1 hour ago, coltsleafs said:

Yah I'm not sure yet if I'm going to keep my season tickets either. I always do two or three roads game every year anyways. I figure I'll wait to do LA once they have a new stadium unless they play Seattle la back to back weeks or something 

I plan on going to the Rams game next year.

10 hours ago, Superman said:

I plan on going to the Rams game next year.

Hmmmm?        What a coincidence!

Because I also plan on going to the Rams game next year.     I'm almost sure I can find some scalper's ticket in a terrible seat at a price that is way, WAY too high!     

Maybe I'll see you there?!    

On 12/29/2016 at 0:35 PM, NewColtsFan said:

When I say hate being reminded,  here's the context....

Over the years, since I joined,  one of the most popular view points here is that the Colts never beat anyone who is any good.      Never.      People are so angry,  they forget.

And then I write a post about what happened in 2013.     It was Pep's first year.     And of the other popular view points is that Pep sucked.     I remind people that as much as I was not a big fans of his,  his offense helped the Colts put up good numbers in 2013 against good teams.     Pep wasn't great,  but he did do some good stuff here and I try to remind people of that.     They don't like it.

You are correct, Pep did suck but it's all relative isn't it?  He is a smart guy, certainly didn't fail every time, had moments "not good enough" is probably a much better term than "suck" to be fair.  I like Pep, just not in that job, at that time, with that level of success.  It becomes too much to explain in text sometimes...easier just to say..."he sucks!"  I suspect we'll see a lot of Pep in years to come in a variety of roles and potentially as an HC someday.  Yet, I'm glad he's gone..:)

On 12/28/2016 at 10:05 PM, CR91 said:

Texans

Titans 

Jags

Seahawks

Rams

Cards

49ers

Broncos

Bills

Bengals

Steelers

Ravens

Browns

Thoughts 

There is absolutely,  positively no way to predict wins and losses in the NFL unless you're a team like the Pats and even then you don't know.  If you posted this year's schedule nobody would have predicted games like u getting crushed in London or working the pack in Green Bay.  For the most part, every single game comes down to a handful of critical plays whether your playing Cleveland or NE.  We don't know what will happen in FA or injuries, the draft is yet to come, and will this year's rookies continue to develop or fade?  Does the team evolve in it's ability to execute under several new coaches this year....we may simply be better with another year under the Chud, Chino, Pilibin systems.  In the end, job one is winning the South and getting a handle back on Houston who for some unbelievable reason we now can't beat.

4 hours ago, Rally5 said:

You are correct, Pep did suck but it's all relative isn't it?  He is a smart guy, certainly didn't fail every time, had moments "not good enough" is probably a much better term than "suck" to be fair.  I like Pep, just not in that job, at that time, with that level of success.  It becomes too much to explain in text sometimes...easier just to say..."he sucks!"  I suspect we'll see a lot of Pep in years to come in a variety of roles and potentially as an HC someday.  Yet, I'm glad he's gone..:)

I'm glad he's gone too.     I started a thread the Tuesday morning after week TWO of last year,  2015.     We had lost to the NY Jets on a Monday Night game and our offense looked really bad for the 2nd week in a row.    At that point,  I had seen enough.      Pep was OK,  but he was never going to be good enough for what we needed.

The team eventually agreed with me and fired him about 6 weeks later.       Better late than never.

Pep did some good things.    His first year Luck cut his interceptions in half down to 9.     His 2nd year, Luck led the NFL with 40 TD passes.      Both years our offense ranked pretty high.      But the longer he coached the rest of the NFL figured him out.      There was enough tape so opposing teams were on to him.     He'd be good enough to beat bad to average teams.      But going forward he was not good enough to beat very good teams.

We just had to make a change.

3 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Really you blame Chuck for this????? Look at what he had to work with!! Honestly 8-8 given the injuries and the SERIOUS LACK OF TALENT at many position was a masterful job IMO. This team is not that good!

It was a joke. 

Home games

Denver

Steelers

Titans

Jags

Houston

Browns

Cardinals

49ers

Away games

Seahawks

Rams

Baltimore

Bengals

Titans

Jags

Texans

Bills

If we have the same gameplan in 2017 like we did in 2016 I don't see us winning much maybe 8 games again this schedule will be toughest since luck been in indy

We should beat the Broncos if Lynch plays. I can see us going 6-2 at home if we take care of the division games at home with 2 losses vs Steelers/Cardinals/Broncos combo.

On the road, we should beat Rams, Titans, Jags, Texans and Bills to go 5-3 at least.

So, anywhere from 10-6 to 11-5 will be next year's record, IMO.

9 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Home games

Denver

Steelers

Titans

Jags

Houston

Browns

Cardinals

49ers

Away games

Seahawks

Rams

Baltimore

Bengals

Titans

Jags

Texans

Bills

If we have the same gameplan in 2017 like we did in 2016 I don't see us winning much maybe 8 games again this schedule will be toughest since luck been in indy

I don't agree this is our toughest schedule. Only 4 games against playoff teams and two of those are Houston. Lots of winnable games with more tough ones at home. Can easily see 10+ wins depending on our offseason.

It's hard to say how good these teams will be, as players age, - and we haven't even had the draft and free agency happen. 

But based off of the 2016 season, the colts have the easiest schedule in 2017. Going by opponent win loss records. 

Here is an article to back my claim: 

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/2017-nfl-schedule-release-strength-of-hardest-easiest-playoff-teams-opponents-times-010217

Way too early to tell how many of these we should win.   We have an offseason of moves as do the teams we face.   At least we have the 3rd place schedule with the Bills and Broncos instead of Oakland and Miami.   We also get the easiest NFC division.   AFC North will be tough except for the Browns.

1 hour ago, Vinatieri4 said:

It's hard to say how good these teams will be, as players age, - and we haven't even had the draft and free agency happen. 

But based off of the 2016 season, the colts have the easiest schedule in 2017. Going by opponent win loss records. 

Here is an article to back my claim: 

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/2017-nfl-schedule-release-strength-of-hardest-easiest-playoff-teams-opponents-times-010217

There's too much change year to year to take the strength of schedule number seriously.  In 2015, the Panthers were 15-1 and one might have been intimidated by seeing them on the upcoming schedule.  This year, the Panthers went 6-10 and were last in the division.  A team playing well one year could be terrible the next and vice versa. 

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

There's too much change year to year to take the strength of schedule number seriously.  In 2015, the Panthers were 15-1 and one might have been intimidated by seeing them on the upcoming schedule.  This year, the Panthers went 6-10 and were last in the division.  A team playing well one year could be terrible the next and vice versa. 

Yes - which is why I said " It's hard to say how good these teams will be, as players age, - and we haven't even had the draft and free agency happen."

But agreed, we will have to wait until August, plenty can happen with our Colts as well - thank the lord! :rock:

This team has lost 3 in a row to Houston.  They narrowly escaped a 3rd straight loss to Jacksonville.  They went 1-6 against playoff teams.  Yet, we're checking off easy wins on our 2017 schedule?  What do you think people are saying when they see us on the schedule?

1 minute ago, #12. said:

This team has lost 3 in a row to Houston.  They narrowly escaped a 3rd straight loss to Jacksonville.  They went 1-6 against playoff teams.  Yet, we're checking off easy wins on our 2017 schedule?  What do you think people are saying when they see us on the schedule?

Good point.  Still we can dream.  I think people are checking them off thinking there will be a new HC and GM.  If not, more of the same is likely.