Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew luck never yells

NeedsADefence

Does Andrew luck ever yell at his players for screwing up a play. I have never seen it. I have seen  Manning and Brady both yell at Offensive lineman for not blocking and WR for either running the wrong route, no catching the ball, or giving up on a route. When it screws up beyond his control and its the other guys fault all i see is he lift rolls his eyes back and cusses that it is. He doesn't do anything else.

5 minutes ago, NeedsADefence said:

Does Andrew luck ever yell at his players for screwing up a play. I have never seen it. I have seen  Manning and Brady both yell at Offensive lineman for not blocking and WR for either running the wrong route, no catching the ball, or giving up on a route. When it screws up beyond his control and its the other guys fault all i see is he lift rolls his eyes back and cusses that it is. He doesn't do anything else.

Not every leader is cut from the same cloth. 

8 minutes ago, NeedsADefence said:

i am not saying cut the bum but dang grow a pair and and start holding other people accountable.

How do you know he doesn't? We aren't privy to every conversation Luck has in games much less in practice. Not only that, but I doubt that Manning and Brady were reaming people out for a missed block or bad route 5 years into their careers on a regular basis. When you are an older vet that kind of thing gets a lot easier to do.

13 minutes ago, NeedsADefence said:

i am not saying cut the bum but dang grow a pair and and start holding other people accountable.

Lol been saying this forever...he throws a perfect pass and someone drops it "i should've thrown a better ball"...gets sacked moment the ball is hiked "I held the ball a little too long"...defense lets Houston come back to lose the game "i should've scored more points or we left some points out there"...gore fumbles the ball on a run "I should've given him a cleaner exchange" lmao  you get my point he is TOOO DAMN NICE I love that about him as a human being but man you have to let these guys know at the time when they screw up you're not happy about the ****

2 minutes ago, will426 said:

Lol been saying this forever...he throws a perfect pass and someone drops it "i should've thrown a better ball"...gets sacked moment the ball is hiked "I held the ball a little too long"...defense lets Houston come back to lose the game "i should've scored more points or we left some points out there"...gore fumbles the ball on a run "I should've given him a cleaner exchange" lmao  you get my point he is TOOO DAMN NICE I love that about him as a human being but man you have to let these guys know at the time when they screw up you're not happy about the ****

TY, and others have stated several times that Luck is very demanding in practice. He expects near perfection from his teammates, however, during a game and during interviews, he will always take the blame. Luck is a fiery competitor. He's not a guy that will point fingers at his teammates in public, but he does demand that his teammates play to the best of their abilities.

25 minutes ago, NeedsADefence said:

Do you want to see someone jumping in Luck's face and screaming at him when he throws a poor pass?  when he makes a boneheaded decision?  when he holds onto the ball too long?

Yeah,  you've got it all figured out.  The only possible way to have leadership and hold people accountable is to scream at them. Yep that's true. 

Oh yeah,  and despite the fact that we have no idea what happens behind closed doors, somehow you know he isn't holding anyone accountable whatsoever.

These "Luck has no leadership"  are completely ridiculous and ignorant. Luck is one of the few players who are actually pulling their weight.  Why he gets scapegoated for this team's many shortcomings is beyond me.  It's ridiculous.

/thread. 

What we see during the games and what goes on behind closed doors is different.  I've read articles where other players have said Luck gets in someone's face in practice if they mess up.  It's a good approach, in my opinion.  Getting in a teammate's face in front of the cameras never does you any good

12 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

TY, and others have stated several times that Luck is very demanding in practice. He expects near perfection from his teammates, however, during a game and during interviews, he will always take the blame. Luck is a fiery competitor. He's not a guy that will point fingers at his teammates in public, but he does demand that his teammates play to the best of their abilities.

I understand that but In a game for example Dorsett dropping 5 passes during the game light a fire  under him for not catching those passes yeah it's cool to do it in practice  but sometimes during the game it's needed don't console him 

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

What we see during the games and what goes on behind closed doors is different.  I've read articles where other players have said Luck gets in someone's face in practice if they mess up.  It's a good approach, in my opinion.  Getting in a teammate's face in front of the cameras never does you any good

Lol it does some good worked with Peyton even though he nearly got himself beat up haha  can't wait for practice to let someone know in this type of game you let them know asap to get thier **** together 

I had a drill sergeant in basic who would raise his speech volume only when calling cadence or so he could be heard at long distances, he never yelled at anyone and there were some major screw ups in my platoon.  And he was one of the best leader of men that I've ever met and I still use many of the leadership attributes I learned from him when running my own teams.

So basically, the OP doesn't know what he's talking about when he says things like Luck should, "grow a pair and hold others accountable, " and acts like the only way to do that is to yell at them.

1 hour ago, NeedsADefence said:

Ummmm...so what? If I yelled at you,  would you actually start a better thread?

He can't lead. Andrew is a great guy. Until he in his mind starts playing better then we won't here that. He knows he can get rid of the ball quicker. He has cut down on turnover. However this style of play they want from him is hampering his play. 

2 hours ago, NeedsADefence said:

That is not the culture the coaches have bred in Indianapolis. Luck is just learning by example.

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

Do you want to see someone jumping in Luck's face and screaming at him when he throws a poor pass?  when he makes a boneheaded decision?  when he holds onto the ball too long?

Yes, that would be gratifying. So much more like the real world.

Oh Dear God,  here we go AGAIN?!?

"Why doesn't Luck grown a pair?"

"Luck can't lead"

"Luck never yells at the players"  because the poster says he hasn't seen it.....

MAKE!     IT!!     STOP!!!!!

Apparently, some posters are determined to make fools of themselves in public here...

It's been widely reported here,  and one poster even noted it,  that Luck yells at his teammates on the practice field and in the locker-room.       So, the reason why none of us have seen it,  is because Luck doesn't want us to see it.

If Luck is our quarterback for 10 more years odds are we're never going to see him yell at a teammate in public.   That's not the way he's wired.     And his teammates respect him for that.     So, either deal with it,  get over it,  or find another quarterback to root for.      He is what he is.     If it's not good enough for you,   oh well......

1 hour ago, will426 said:

I understand that but In a game for example Dorsett dropping 5 passes during the game light a fire  under him for not catching those passes yeah it's cool to do it in practice  but sometimes during the game it's needed don't console him 

So Luck yelling at him would have made him catch those passes?  Come on man, Dorsett is a first round pick, supposed to be a pro.  He shouldn't need a QB yelling at him to catch a pass.  Furthermore there is only so much a QB can do to hold someone accountable.  That is more a coaches job.  Maybe sitting Dorsetts backside for a game or so would deliver the message more then Luck yelling. I agree guys on this team need to be more accountable for there play, but unfortunately i believe that is a culture issue under Pagano.  Luck yelling won't change much.

13 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

So Luck yelling at him would have made him catch those passes?  Come on man, Dorsett is a first round pick, supposed to be a pro.  He shouldn't need a QB yelling at him to catch a pass.  Furthermore there is only so much a QB can do to hold someone accountable.  That is more a coaches job.  Maybe sitting Dorsetts backside for a game or so would deliver the message more then Luck yelling. I agree guys on this team need to be more accountable for there play, but unfortunately i believe that is a culture issue under Pagano.  Luck yelling won't change much.

Him being picked in the first round doesn't mean he was meant to be a first round pick & if the coaches are failing to let this man know the one who's throwing him the passes need to and you never know if yelling will change anything or not but its worth a try because letting it slide during the game then hounding him in practice doesn't seem to be working 

Maybe he always compliments them the way he does a defense for hitting him.

"Great job blowing those blocks out there, o-line! Way to let the defense through! Hey! High five! Yeah!"

"Hey Dorset, way to drop passes out there buddy. Drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot! You got your Nelson Agholor working today baby! Wooooo!"

"Defense! Yo, defense! Way to let them score out there! You guys made it look easy for them out there! That's what I'm talking about!"

He's just too nice a guy.

Again, lots to be disgruntled about without having to look for things that aren't there.

Luck isn't a good leader because he doesn't yell?  If he was a yeller and was going through this season, folks would be complaining right now that he isn't a good leader because he yells too much.  

Again folks, stop looking for phantoms.

5 hours ago, a06cc said:

He can't lead. Andrew is a great guy. Until he in his mind starts playing better then we won't here that. He knows he can get rid of the ball quicker. He has cut down on turnover. However this style of play they want from him is hampering his play. 

Sources? What evidence supports this notion?

He can't lead?

I do believe that you need guys on the team (players and coaches) who bring an edge but that can be brought in different ways. Nick Saban? Yeller. Belichick? I would say blunt but not a yeller. Pete Carroll? Upbeat and positive. All of their teams have an edge. Players lead differently too.

There are different ways to lead. Luck needs to stay true to his personality. As long as Luck has the confidence of his teammates and he produces on gameday I think he can lead using his own style.