Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chargers Colts Score Predictions

danlhart87

45 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'll go 30-27 Colts just because I predicted this would be our first win. Not confident about it though.

I don't feel good about this either and I almost always pick the Colts LOL. Rivers has been putting up a lot of points this season and they usually beat us! I will still go Colts 31-30 in a shootout. Reasoning is we are 0-2 and I think Luck will play his butt off and put up 30+ to save the season. If we go 0-3 it is over. If we win this game we could actually win the next 2 after that with the Jags and Bears on the schedule. It's looking ahead but if we get to 3-2 then we may be fine if our Defense gets healthy.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chargers-35.png  Chargers | San Diego hosts Ronnie Hillman    Tue Sep 20, 05:26 PM

Free-agent RB Ronnie Hillman (Broncos) visited the San Diego Chargers Tuesday, Sept. 20.

Footballguys view: Hillman worked under Mike McCoy when the Chargers head coach was the OC in Denver (2012). The speedy veteran was the leading rusher for the Broncos in 2015, but he couldn't beat out Kapri Bibbs for a roster spot. An unrestricted free agent earlier this year, Hillman received no offers and returned to Denver on a cheap deal...then he didn't make the team. Somebody like the Chargers (or the Dolphins?) could sign Hillman at some point this year.

Link to story
Ronnie Hillman player page

They'll probably sign him I bet

Colts 4 to 3

Colts sack Rivers in the endzone in first quarter Zack Kerr makes a great play  2-0

Chargers get a FG with 2:48 left in the fourth quarter  2-3

Colts get ball back with 2:48 but cannot move the ball with three straight incomplete passes and punt with :2:18 left but have three time outs  McAfee punts the ball inside the 5 with no return out of bounds

2nd down with 2:10 left, Rivers hands off to Gordon, he is hit loses the ball, it goes into the endzone where Rivers covers it up while being touched by Kerr for a safety.  4-3   (Colts tie the NFL record from 1923 having a final score of 4 and Kerr ties the 1973 record for one player getting two safeties in a single game)

San Diego chooses to kick off on the free kick then ensues an on side kick, McNary scoops it up and the Colts run out the clock.

Colts Win!

On 2016-09-20 at 11:31 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't feel good about this either and I almost always pick the Colts LOL. Rivers has been putting up a lot of points this season and they usually beat us! I will still go Colts 31-30 in a shootout. Reasoning is we are 0-2 and I think Luck will play his butt off and put up 30+ to save the season. If we go 0-3 it is over. If we win this game we could actually win the next 2 after that with the Jags and Bears on the schedule. It's looking ahead but if we get to 3-2 then we may be fine if our Defense gets healthy.

I'm kinda hoping this plays out. I can't see Luck letting this go. We need some players back on the D and this is reasonable.

You guys need to wake up and smell the coffee.  If you haven't seen the Chargers operate and execute their offense and defense, you're in for long day.  Melvin Gordon will run for over 100 yards two weeks in a row, Rivers will pass for close to 300 yards and the score will be:  Chargers 31 Colts 17.

3 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

You guys need to wake up and smell the coffee.  If you haven't seen the Chargers operate and execute their offense and defense, you're in for long day.  Melvin Gordon will run for over 100 yards two weeks in a row, Rivers will pass for close to 300 yards and the score will be:  Chargers 31 Colts 17.

Come Sunday morning I will be smelling my Starbucks coffee and then watching a sweet victory. 31-30 Colts. That will save the season because we will definitely beat the Jags and Bears unless something happens to Andrew. Andrew isn't losing to those teams. 

6 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

We got it the first time, thanks.

Antonio Gates might end up missing the game with a hamstring injury.  If he does end up playing that gives them two tight ends they have access to over the middle in Antonio Gates and Hunter Henry.  Plus Melvin Gordon and Benjamin.  They've still got enough to work with to me.

56 minutes ago, krunk said:

Antonio Gates might end up missing the game with a hamstring injury.  If he does end up playing that gives them two tight ends they have access to over the middle in Antonio Gates and Hunter Henry.  Plus Melvin Gordon and Benjamin.  They've still got enough to work with to me.

If we got Vontae back this week I would feel much better about this game, but I doubt he is going to be a go for this week.... I agree with you, they still have enough and a QB like rivers will pick our secondary apart... especially with our complete and total lack of a pass rush.

2 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

Chargers 31

Colts 17

Pagano and Grigson walking on egg shells.

Eggs Shells??  Nonsense. Irsay is not going to fire anyone anytime soon.

Irsay is not, I repeat not going to have a knee jerk reaction just because what is said in this forum by you or anyone else.

Why you keep talking this nonsense is beyond me.

You must have not been a so called Colt fan for very long or you would know this.

24 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Eggs Shells??  Nonsense. Irsay is not going to fire anyone anytime soon.

Irsay is not, I repeat not going to have a knee jerk reaction just because what is said in this forum by you or anyone else.

Why you keep talking this nonsense is beyond me.

You must have not been a so called Colt fan for very long or you would know this.

I don't think what he said is unreasonable.  If we're 0-3 and 0-2 at home there's no question that massive pressure is going to ramp up on staff.  It would even if they weren't in danger of being fired.   Any team starting 0-3 is in a world of hurt.  We would be no different.  0-3 is no "knee jerk" material, that's nearly a quarter of a season.  I am also not sure why it makes him a non fan? Someone asked for predictions.  Are only winning scores allowed?  

I am hopeful that if we can field a full team that is healthy (not all starters, just normal number of positional players active for the game) that we have a good chance to win, but the Chargers are our toughest game over the next 3-5 (tied perhaps with the Texans) and anyone can lose to anyone any week.  Let's hope we win and TN and Jax continue to lose (I predict they both will) and we can catch the Texans by the time we play them. But let people predict whatever they want.. that's the point.