Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

should pagano be fired

Bubbz

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the thread question: Yes

Pagano's team always has slow starts, poor clock managing skills, questionable challenge calls, and overall poor defensive performances. 

It's time we give Andrew Luck an experienced head coach that knows what he's doing. 

1 minute ago, MTC said:

To answer the thread question: Yes

Pagano's team always has slow starts, poor clock managing skills, questionable challenge calls, and overall poor defensive performances. 

It's time we give Andrew Luck an experienced head coach that knows what he's doing. 

Tons of those available in early September

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

I would love to see the guy on the field before Inget worked up. Cromartie needs released. Now.

Why would you say that. Cromartie IMO was one of the bright spots on our defensive backfield. How many times did you hear his time called tonight? Not very many which means he was doing his job right. They tested him on a deep ball after he come back in from the sideline which he played perfectly. Really the most noticeable play he got beat on was on the final drive where he got turned around. It happens sometimes, but I would say releasing him would be a terrible idea.

Our offense may have some hope but we need a coach and general manager who know what they're doing and can put a passable defense together. Giving up 39 points and all they had to do was hold Detroit back for 37 seconds. Come on, if we can't beat Detroit at home then we're back to being the old 3-13 Colts. 

Dude. Yes. Pagano and Grigson should both be fired. We need a GOOD coach, and a GM who will go into free agency with guns blazing. And actually put this team into elite company. The offense is there. We need an overhaul on D, and Grigson is too stupid to sign good players. He had rather wait  few more years and maybe win 1 SB in 3-4 years. That's a stupid approach.

6 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Should he have been fired? Probably. Should they do it now? LOL no. By firing him now, you're pretty much canning the season already. It's too early for that. And I doubt Jimmy is gonna give up on his four year investment already. It'll make him look bad.

Agreed...the move should have been made in the offseason. Should have cleaned the slate then but Irsay thought he knew better than everyone.  He is a genius who knows the way to Lombardis, rings and golden eras. SMH 

6 minutes ago, Dustin said:

He should have been fired last off-season along with Grigson. 

But him and Grigs kissed and made up and somehow this somehow tricked Irsay into believing that this was going to make them both somehow competent at their jobs all of a sudden.

What hurt us we were 6-8. And then came out ahead the last 2 games with qb's off the street against 2 completely hapless teams, Titans without Mariota and the ridiculous phinns.

That raised our record to 8-8 and somehow irsay thought that warranted extending them.

4 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Dude. Yes. Pagano and Grigson should both be fired. We need a GOOD coach, and a GM who will go into free agency with guns blazing. And actually put this team into elite company. The offense is there. We need an overhaul on D, and Grigson is too stupid to sign good players. He had rather wait  few more years and maybe win 1 SB in 3-4 years. That's a stupid approach.

So you want to become the Jags, Browns, Redskins, etc.....because the teams that spend a ton of money in FA are usually terrible teams that stay terrible. The best way to build a team is through the draft. We've had a few mishaps that hamstrung us (Werner, T-Rich, etc), but I think the past couple of years were solid drafts by Grigs.

2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

This is what is gonna happen, too bad we are wasting yet another year of Luck's prime.

He was drafted into an awfully run organization(currently not past). Feel Bad but thems the breaks. At least he's getting paid hundreds of millions. We fans have to suffer with no money gain lol 

Just now, Shive said:

So you want to become the Jags, Browns, Redskins, etc.....because the teams that spend a ton of money in FA are usually terrible teams that stay terrible. The best way to build a team is through the draft. We've had a few mishaps that hamstrung us (Werner, T-Rich, etc), but I think the past couple of years were solid drafts by Grigs.

Just now, Shive said:

didn't mean to quote you 2x's. I'm so mad I hit it twice. But anyway. Man look at Denver a couple years ago. Signing Ware, Talib, and Ward, and drafting Roby put them over the top. Plus they can actually find STAR caliber talent in the latter rounds. Marshall, Trevathan, Barrett (UDFA) Harris Jr. (UDFA) Jackson (Now with the Jags), etc.

14 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Yea, I'm pretty sure he's had 4 years to get this defense right... He wasn't hired yesterday.

He doesn't have complete say in who is brought in. He works with who he has. And then most of his guys are hurt or just coming back from injury. If anyone didn't expect this from the defense than I don't know what to tell you.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

He doesn't have complete say in who is brought in. He works with who he has. And then most of his guys are hurt or just coming back from injury. If anyone didn't expect this from the defense than I don't know what to tell you.

I didn't expect them to surrender all of those points to a crappy Lions team.

I recently finished Bill Polian's book. One part I found interesting was when he talked about how they decided to build the Manning era teams. They wanted to maximize their talent on offense. That was part of their decision to fire Jim Mora. Vic Fangio was his defensive coordinator. The defense he wanted to run is more demanding and requires more talented, high $ players unlike Tony Dungy's Tampa 2 defense. Dungy's defense complimented their offense.

This isn't a debate about which system the Colts should run. The fact is that their free agency money has been spent on average players on the defensive side and they have not used many early round draft choices on the defensive side of the ball. The result is a very talented offense with a defense that is lacking many difference makers. 

From this standpoint I feel like Pagano is the wrong coach for this team. He doesn't have the talent to play how he wants and I don't think he is the guy you want to be the head coach to maximize the strengths of an offensive oriented team.