Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

should pagano be fired

Bubbz

19 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol except Colts missing over half of starting D , no team ever comes to mind over coming that . If you say different point it out and back it with proof . Especially in the secondary and D line areas.

Hate to break this to you but the Colts have not had a decent defense in many years and the philosophy was with a potent offense they did not need one. Too bad that approach never worked very ell now did it?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. 

Not because of the injuries that led to a defense that couldn't tackle an ant.

His philosophy means Andrew Luck will never maximize his potential. That slow start was 100% on Chuck. He's in over his head.

Jim Irsay should start putting in feelers with Josh McDaniel.

6 hours ago, King Colt said:

So now "crazyboy" is blaming injuries for the third straight opening day loss to the worst team in NFL history as they scored in all four quarters. Why not blame your Alzheimer's. Blah, blah, blah....................... 

Just keep piling on the horse dung.

If you don't think injuries had any bearing on the outcome of the game maybe you should find another sport to follow because you have very little knowledge of this one.

I use to think Pagano was the man for the job but lately I feel his football philosophy just isn't getting the job done. Obviously the running game isn't quite working out. The short passes got us no where. Why in the second half do they wake up and start throwing the ball down field. We basically have the fastest receivers out there. Just imagine if they opened it up in the first half Luck could of thrown for over 700 yds for the whole game. They just don't seem to be able to make changes to the game plan on the fly. It is just frustrating with these stupid play calls. I just don't get it. I would wait until the end of the season and make both a GM and coach change. Just my 2 cents.

10 hours ago, theanarchist said:

I know he's getting raked over the coals for the time out but at the time I agreed with it. It was important at the time to take the time and call the right play. If we had a healthy secondary and maybe a pass rusher we win that game.

He could have waited about 30 seconds and still have taken the TO.  He screwed up, but on my list of concerns his time management doesn't rank that high.

12 hours ago, King Colt said:

Hate to break this to you but the Colts have not had a decent defense in many years and the philosophy was with a potent offense they did not need one. Too bad that approach never worked very ell now did it?

Yeah and you never hear from Pagano about building the monster anymore either. 

5 hours ago, rtorick66 said:

I use to think Pagano was the man for the job but lately I feel his football philosophy just isn't getting the job done. Obviously the running game isn't quite working out. The short passes got us no where. Why in the second half do they wake up and start throwing the ball down field. We basically have the fastest receivers out there. Just imagine if they opened it up in the first half Luck could of thrown for over 700 yds for the whole game. They just don't seem to be able to make changes to the game plan on the fly. It is just frustrating with these stupid play calls. I just don't get it. I would wait until the end of the season and make both a GM and coach change. Just my 2 cents.

There are 32 teams in the NFL I believe. In those 32 teams there's the worst head coach and I strongly believe it's Pagano. You'll find people to sugar coat it. But I'm confident I'm right. 

12 hours ago, theanarchist said:

I know he's getting raked over the coals for the time out but at the time I agreed with it. It was important at the time to take the time and call the right play. If we had a healthy secondary and maybe a pass rusher we win that game.

I did to but run some time off first. As far as kicking the ball out of the endzone I agree with that because you don't want a run back. But how about a punt? That would give time for guys to get down there and it would run some time off.  

From the mouths of the Denver Broncos Players:

Speaking on the Colts:

"They're very well coached. We know that, from Coach [Chuck] Pagano and what he does, especially his background being in Baltimore. Having that physical background that he has, he just imposed that on his players, and it's worked out no matter who's on the team every year."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Five-things-you-should-know-from-the-Broncos-Wednesday/8f424c41-6b6c-4ac7-b554-3027faad9c10

At least the opponents think we have a good coach.

18 hours ago, rtorick66 said:

I agree. There's "something not right" in the Colt's organization. For example, when Jerrell Freeman (IIRC our leading tackler) decides to go with the Bears for the same money instead of re-signing with the Colts, but fans keep saying "players love to play for Pagano", I wonder what's really going on? Now I hear that Andrew Luck was furious over the Lions game. There's definitely "something not right" in the Colt's organization.

I think it was quite obvious the Colts were not getting rid of Dqwell Jackson, and I'm sure Jerrell Freeman knew they were looking to start Sio Moore and then there was also Nate Irving in the competition.  Freeman went to a team where there was less competition for the position.  That's not hard to understand.  There's no smoke and mirrors or anything else going on in the organization.

11 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

I agree. There's "something not right" in the Colt's organization. For example, when Jerrell Freeman (IIRC our leading tackler) decides to go with the Bears for the same money instead of re-signing with the Colts, but fans keep saying "players love to play for Pagano", I wonder what's really going on? Now I hear that Andrew Luck was furious over the Lions game. There's definitely "something not right" in the Colt's organization.

i think what happened was, freeman thought he was worth more than what the colts offered at first, so he went and tested the market.  i could be wrong but i think he fired his agent too

it turned out that he did not have very many suitors and he may have been a little offended.  he didnt want to come back to indy after going through this and signed with the only other team that really wanted him

20 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just keep piling on the horse dung.

If you don't think injuries had any bearing on the outcome of the game maybe you should find another sport to follow because you have very little knowledge of this one.

You call yourself "Crazy" for good reason.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

You call yourself "Crazy" for good reason.

That's typical. When you cant come up with anything to debate you start insulting.

My comment stated it was obvious you think injuries play no part of winning or losing games. There is exactly where you lack of knowledge comes in.

2 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Freeman left because of Grigson, not Pagano.

Grigson under-paid him for years,  and when it was time for Freeman to cash in,  Grigson slow-played him.

Chicago finally stepped up with a decent offer, which Grigson THEN matched.     Freeman was angry enough to leave because he felt unappreciated.

Freeman didn't leave because of Pagano.