Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

should pagano be fired

Bubbz

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I don't put this loss on Pagano...I put it on Grigson because he has continuously failed to put together a decent roster...I mean without Andrew Luck this team would be (in the past 4 years combined) probably maybe 20-44 and that may be generous.

I put it on both of them.  They both should have been ousted this past off-season. 

7 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Unfortunately this year with Chuck =  one more wasted year of Luck.  Irsay should have pulled the trigger in the off-season.  Team could have been starting fresh this season.  Now we will be at least another year behind the eight ball...when/if Irsay comes to his senses. 

To be honest I really think he kept P and G because he wants Harbaugh and has to wait at least another year for that.

If the rest of this season goes like this and we miss the playoffs, I really do think Irsay will pull the trigger on both.

The same things that are problems today were problems last year. And the year before that. And before that.

Stop hiding behind the injuries. That is not an excuse any longer. Injuries happen to all 32 teams, and all 32 teams are supposed to have players on the roster who can step up when the time comes. Look at New England. Someone gets hurt over there and no one notices because someone steps into their spot and plays well enough that it isn't reason enough for the team to struggle. But yet this front office and this coaching staff simply DO NOT HAVE THAT ABILITY. It was never a problem under Dungy and Polian. Next man up. We don't have that luxury here anymore. Someone gets hurt and its "oh no, now X has to play..."

Pagano and Grigson may have gotten extensions in the offseason, but you better damn well believe they came with high expectations and a moderate to heavy amount of pressure. I think they started the season on pre-warmed seats.

The first of the 16 tests was a complete failure. We started off painfully slow, we were on the ropes due to our poor depth, and the things that have been problems remain problems.

The Lions are not that good, folks. Tate is a middle of the pack #2, Abdullah has shown very little to this point in his NFL career, and we gave Riddick almost 1/4 of his all purpose yards from last year in ONE GAME.

No excuses. Beyond a few solid pieces we are not equipped to be competitive right now.

15 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

If the rest of this season goes like this and we miss the playoffs, I really do think Irsay will pull the trigger on both.

Yeah I don't think anyone gets fired during the season but I have wondered what Irsay will do if the Colts miss the playoffs again. I don't think particularly Pagano will be safe despite his new contract and Irsay saying he decided on continuity when explaining why he brought back Pagano.

11 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

Why wait until your record is 0-4 before canning those two incompetent coach and GM.  70 % of you agree, this team is horrible on defense, aging one at that.....Root for a high draft pick, we may get a blue chip running back yet.

Root for a high pick and spend it one a RB?  This maddening belief has to stop.

The team is not going to make the playoffs anyway, why not get a high profile coach to assimilate himself to the team's chemistry and he can find out what he needs prior to next season.  Pathetic showing on the defense.  Leaves you to wonder that his hand pick DC is suppose to make the difference.  

30 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Yes all teams deal with injuries. But how many have had to deal with as many injuries to one position group as the colts have with their secondary? they had to give significant snaps to 3 guys who had been signed within the past 2 weeks. Cromartie didn't play with the team for the first time until the final preseason game.  With the salary cap and roster limits there's just no way to be prepared for the number of injuries the colts have had to deal with in the secondary.

45 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

The same things that are problems today were problems last year. And the year before that. And before that.

Stop hiding behind the injuries. That is not an excuse any longer. Injuries happen to all 32 teams, and all 32 teams are supposed to have players on the roster who can step up when the time comes. Look at New England. Someone gets hurt over there and no one notices because someone steps into their spot and plays well enough that it isn't reason enough for the team to struggle. But yet this front office and this coaching staff simply DO NOT HAVE THAT ABILITY. It was never a problem under Dungy and Polian. Next man up. We don't have that luxury here anymore. Someone gets hurt and its "oh no, now X has to play..."

Pagano and Grigson may have gotten extensions in the offseason, but you better damn well believe they came with high expectations and a moderate to heavy amount of pressure. I think they started the season on pre-warmed seats.

The first of the 16 tests was a complete failure. We started off painfully slow, we were on the ropes due to our poor depth, and the things that have been problems remain problems.

The Lions are not that good, folks. Tate is a middle of the pack #2, Abdullah has shown very little to this point in his NFL career, and we gave Riddick almost 1/4 of his all purpose yards from last year in ONE GAME.

No excuses. Beyond a few solid pieces we are not equipped to be competitive right now.

All teams have injuries but at some point injuries stop being an excuse and become a reason.  When you are down to five DBs, and two or three of them were signed this week and another was playing his first game for your team after getting here less than a month ago your secondary is going to struggle. Add in a pass rush we already knew didn't exist and a good QB like Stafford and this shouldn't be shocking.

i agree this a flawed team in many areas and trust me after today I get why their is heat on Pagano and Grigson and I am not going sit here and say their shouldn't be but when you are as beat up as the Colts were in the secondary at some point the lack of talent takes over.

as for the other concerns they are extremely valid.  I will say I wish the Colts had come out aggressive on offense like they did after they were down 21-3.  Maybe they were just missing early but to my eye they looked conservative early on and maybe that's part of the reason for the slow starts.

2 minutes ago, BertJones said:

the Colts will be fine. The first two weeks/couple games never define a season.

Detroit was just a surprise.Didnt take the Colts long to catch up.

they could lose next week and theyll still be fine.

but they should do way better than Panthers did

We shouldn't have a surprise at the start of every season 

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We shouldn't have a surprise at the start of every season 

every team does apparently. Supposedly its real tough to be a QB and 5 guys who were basically rookies had good showings. The Rams will probably win too and they have no QB at all.

All this after one game stuff is nonsense!!! This is NOT Chuck's 1st game as hc and the SAME problems exit. I've seen enough to know the Colts are DECLINING. I didn't need to see Pep for 3 yrs to realize he was in over his head. Pep didn't even call the plays at Stanford as oc Shaw the hc did. I didn't need to see Greg Manusky as dc for 4yrs before he was fired to come to the conclusion that his defensive schemes were considered vanilla and non aggressive because his MO proceeded him PRIOR to the Colts. I can look at Colt talent COMPARED to contending SB teams and tell you 1st time gm Grigson now in year 5 has failed not completely but close. I don't need to see 1st time hc Chuck in year 5 with his bad game plans, poor clock management, slow starts, questionable replay challenges and bad defensive play (poor tackling missed assignments) which is supposed to be Chuck's specialty to realize he's NOT a SB caliber hc.   

32 minutes ago, BertJones said:

every team does apparently. Supposedly its real tough to be a QB and 5 guys who were basically rookies had good showings. The Rams will probably win too and they have no QB at all.

Except the pats were missing bradynamic and they came out ready and beat the cardinals?? 

35 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

Hi Coach Saban,  here's 8mil a yr,  do what u want.  

Pagano is horrible.  I find it funny how some dont blame him,  yet he's a defensive coach and his defenses always suck.  

For a guy who wants to be our next GM,  I don't suppose you've noticed where the majority of our draft picks and free agent money has been spent?!?

Here's a hint:    It hasn't been on the defensive side of the ball.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For a guy who wants to be our next GM,  I don't suppose you've noticed where the majority of our draft picks and free agent money has been spent?!?

Here's a hint:    It hasn't been on the defensive side of the ball.

Well,  1 1st rnd pick was,  did u forget? And you don't believe Pagana has a say in draft picks and free agents? 

Coach Saban will.  

7 hours ago, Bubbz said:

Why hasnt this been done yet? Im confused

I am not going to want anything till we see what this team is capable of doing without the injuries.

I say that not as an excuse but more like reality. We knew going into this game injuries to key defensive players were going to be a problem. Grigson tried to get some players in that might help but learning a system with no time or practice never works like hoped.

Had the Colts won that game it would have been said coach did a good job with what he had and done a great job.

Too start with a new coach at this point would be a really stupid move by Irsay. I don't see it  happening so harping and whining about it is a waist of time.

18 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

Well,  1 1st rnd pick was,  did u forget? And you don't believe Pagana has a say in draft picks and free agents? 

Coach Saban will.  

There have been five drafts.....   and you respond with one of them was used on defense?

That's it?       You sure you want to be a GM?       That's not how things work.

And Saban isn't going anywhere......     at least,  not right now he's not.       Not before the end of the playoffs....   so hit us up again in January.

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There have been five drafts.....   and you respond with one of them was used on defense?

That's it?       You sure you want to be a GM?       That's not how things work.

And Saban isn't going anywhere......     at least,  not right now he's not.       Not before the end of the playoffs....   so hit us up again in January.

That 1 draft pick was a 1st rnd massive failure.  And lets not discuss the free agents on defense.  Grigson and Pagano are both incompetent and Coach Saban will solce the problems.  He'll be ready to pass the reins to Kiffin after this next championship.  

7 hours ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

Did pagano sign Trent Cole, Todd Herremans, Antonio Cromrtie, Art Jones, Andre Johnson, LaRon Landry? Did Pagano trade for Trent Richardson or Sio Moore? No. You can have the best architect in the world, but if you only let him build with Popsicle sticks and paste you're probably not going to get the Empire State building.

Sio Moore balled out against the Lions. He was all over the field making plays. Looks like he may be taking over as our leading tackler. As for both Pags & Grigs, I'm not a big fan of either.  Wanted them both gone after last season.  I think Irsay panicked because the Eagles were gonna snatch Pags up as soon as we let him go. We should have let them have him. The coach we need is coaching the University Michigan right now and probably will be for a while...  Sean Payton's got his flaws but I would have loved to have seen what he could do with Luck and our weapons.  I could easily see Luck throwing for 5000 yards and 40-50 touchdowns with him as our HC.  But that's all water under the bridge. Hopefully Chud and Luck realize the stud they have in Dorsett and get him more targets early and often. That'll open things up for TY, Crief, and our TE's because we're gonna have to win shootouts until we get our defense healthy. 

Apparently nobody have noticed it, but you are hopefully aware that we had a brand new Defensive Coordinator in Monachino running the show? On top of all the injuries to the DB, he also might have to learn a thing or two as we go along. Just something to keep in mind.

I'm not totally stressed out as I anticipated a bit of a rough season in regards to the defense, but a close win would have been nice for sure.

7 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

In answer to the original post, no.  But I think he MAY need a clock management guru at his side.

And a strategist guru, and a defensive tactician guru, and a training guru, and a communications guru, and a challenge/replay guru, and a game preparation guru ...

Too much time and focus has been spent on developing the first string players, and when they are injured, the second/third stringers are under-developed and clueless. They're confused, not in position, can't tackle.

Face it, kids, this is as good as it gets - and will ever get - with this coaching staff and GM.

1 minute ago, CoachLite said:

And a strategist guru, and a defensive tactician guru, and a training guru, and a communications guru, and a challenge/replay guru, and a game preparation guru ...

Too much time and focus has been spent on developing the first string players, and when they are injured, the second/third stringers are under-developed and clueless. They're confused, not in position, can't tackle.

Face it, kids, this is as good as it gets - and will ever get - with this coaching staff and GM.

And people wonder why we might have difficulty attracting quality free agents at reasonable salaries ...