Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts DE Henry Anderson tore ACL (merge)

MTC

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a huge gut punch, but I've been impressed with the quality depth along the D line. Yes you can't replace Anderson, but with who they have and the DE by committee they're talking about could hold the fort. Just as long as noone else major goes down.

I agree. My guess is Winn will see the field more, and he's played really well. Grigson did a great job pieceing the d line together.

Did he sprain his ACL or tear his ACL? I am assuming he tore it if he needs surgery, just confused by the two tweets by Carroll and Rapoport.

A tear is a type of sprain.  So saying he tore his ACL and saying he sprained it is consistent.  However tore is more descriptive.  

Absolutely hate this. Was one of the few bright spots so far this year. Really was making a difference on the DL, which needed some kind of improvement this year. And just about the only D player I looked forward to watching without cringing.

Not optimistic going forward with the DL, wouldn't have thought it when training camp started, but he leaves a pretty large hole to fill.

That sucks didn't look good when he got hurt, really  like this guy wanted the Colts to draft him, they did he honestly he is even better than I thought. Hopefully just a sprain, but I don't think so. Hopefully he can overcome this and continue his career. Easily IMO 1 of the top rookies this year IMO. He actually was becoming one of my favorites too.

Looks like Arthur Jones will stick around. Anderson won't be ready until some time. Jones is one guy who could fill the void that you don't have to go and get. But for now, I guess Billy Winn will step in.

What good is Art going to do us on IR, again.

Love the guy, but I think he's toast

What good is Art going to do us on IR, again.

Love the guy, but I think he's toast

He's more likely to be ready week 1 in 2016 than Anderson. I think you re-negotiate his deal and keep him. Anderson is probably better but Jones was brought in to lock down the line. If he can stay healthy, it should be great for the Colts

He's more likely to be ready week 1 in 2016 than Anderson. I think you re-negotiate his deal and keep him. Anderson is probably better but Jones was brought in to lock down the line. If he can stay healthy, it should be great for the Colts

But that IF is a big one. TBH, I can't even recall the benefit of having a healthy Art Jones on this team. We haven't seen it...But, I do agree that if he can stay healthy and agrees to re-negotiate then it's a win for the horseshoe.

Anderson will be ready by camp.

This is devastating.  Our most important guys on D are Vontae, then Anderson, then our Strong Safety (how is he doing?)

I really thought Anderson had a shot at finishing Defensive Rookie of the Year if he and the team finished strong.  So sad. 

That's debatable. He got injured mid way through this season. Todd Gurley got injured October of last year and had to miss out the first couple of games this season. Anderson may not be ready to go until this time next year.

And for us, that's ok. Thank you AFC South. Would be nice to get it together for home field advantage though.

That's debatable. He got injured mid way through this season. Todd Gurley got injured October of last year and had to miss out the first couple of games this season. Anderson may not be ready to go until this time next year.

Yeah but there's a difference in a RB tearing his ACL and a DT. And from what I take its not a complete tear either.

I love Billy Winn. He's been great for us. But Anderson's our best defensive player. Yes I just said that. And its great to have a luxury like Winn in case of something like this. Great trade. Next year if we restructure Art Jones's contract, then look out for our DL. We'll have Anderson-Parry-Langford starting. With Winn, Jones, Kerr, and McGill/Okine as the backups. Our DL has the potential to be great next year with Anderson and Parry having experience and improving to go along with a healthy Jones.