Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts v. Denver - predictions

Esquire59

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Colts chances a lot in this game. They need a fast start. Can't come out like they did in week 1. They need to try to run as well to keep that front off of Luck. If the game is clean from the Colts side, they can win. STs will be big as Colts are great and Denver's stinks.

Colts 35

Broncos 24

Luck: 4 TDs, 1 INT, 390 passing yards, 34 rushing yards, sacked 4 times

Peyton: 3 TDs, 1 INT, 1 fumble, 285 passing yards, sacked 2 times

Boom: 1 Rec TD, 70 yards rushing, 67 receiving yards, 

Hilton: 8 Rec, 2 TDS, 130 yards receiving, 

The key will be our pass rush & run defense. Stop CJ Anderson and pressure Peyton, it's proven he's not at his best with someone breathing down his neck (Mathis in 2013). We need to study what the Bengals did against the Broncos and almost copy their exact style like disguising blitzes, quick audibles, etc. Confuse Peyton. I have faith in Luck limiting key turnovers like he did vs the Bengals.

I think the Colts have a decent chance but I think Denvers experience will prevail in the end.  I think the Broncos will win by 6.  I will say, if the Colts can stop the run, put pressure on Peyton, give Luck protection, limit turnovers and score TD's in the redzone they can easily win this game.  They will have to play their best game of the year though.  I hope I am wrong, I hope the Colts win but I am very nervous!

If they can rattle Peyton, they can lower (not eliminate) his potential to move the ball.

Offense needs to use the line they had yesterday since Cherilus is a no-go.  Use a Boom-Tipton tandem for the run game.

If Indy can play the whole game, unlike their last game against Denver, they can win this one.   

sweet justice playing denver in hopefully bad weather. unfortunately peyton will be also. this league is all matchups and imo this one is in the colts favor. the colts will match up nicely in the secondary IF, yes a big IF. they tackle well. peyton won't be able to throw the long ball. and luck's legs will off set the pressure. with out a doubt a game indy can win, but they also need to limit the TO's moncrief needs more reps also he is good enough to keep TY from getting double teamed.  oh yeah keep Trich off the field, and get a big play by cribbs and its back home to face there ravens in the AFC championship. yes the raven matchup great for NE.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that we CAN win.

It will be an upset if it happens, and this is a HUMBLE prediction

Colts 33

Broncos 24

ONLY if Luck has a perfect day......

Peyton has proven to do poorly against 3-4 defenses

Peyton has proven to do poorly in very most cold "big" games

The edge? Luck has the ability to run on the 3rd and short yardage

(Expect him to run like you have never seen before)

The odds are, we will lose........ But we have a decent chance.....

You guys are crazy. We only beat one good QB all year lol. This game will be tough, Luck and the offense will have to be bear flawless for us to win. Defense has no chance with the lack of pass rush.

You say they are crazy...like that's a bad thing.

I'm not going to lie, I find the "BronColt Peyton is #1" fans to be annoying (no offense- I'm sure some of you are very nice). 

I've been hoping for this playoff matchup now for 3 years, because A. The Colts can win it and B. it's a chance to watch the turncoats eat crow.

I think the Broncos will lean on the run game- that might be a blessing or a curse, depending on how well the Colts D plays. 

I don't think Manning can out gun Luck in this scenario and given how he's looked the last few weeks, I think he can be rattled with some pressure.

I do think Luck will need to be lights out in order to win. Should be interesting.  

I like the Colts chances a lot in this game. They need a fast start. Can't come out like they did in week 1. They need to try to run as well to keep that front off of Luck. If the game is clean from the Colts side, they can win. STs will be big as Colts are great and Denver's stinks.

I'd love to get a fast start myself. I'm still upset about that KC game last season when we went down 38-10...It's running the ball that has me concerned though this coming week. I have a horrible feeling we make several futile attempts to establish the run and end up going down a couple scores...