Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Hakeem Nicks flying to visit Colts tomorrow

Dustin

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if Nicks signs, Grigson is watching my madden team ;)

I signed Nicks, Arthur Jones, Davis, VInny, pat and let go off bethea and got my S on the draft. as well as my center

i didnt go for Jackson though.

#ARMCHAIRGM #MADDENGM!

This is foolish. T.Y. is no elite receiver and he will play with whoever the Colts sign or pack his bags and go elsewhere. We need an eventual replacement for Reggie and is sure as hell isn't T.Y. He disappears way too often.

T.Y. has the makings of an elite receiver. Just cause hes smaller doesnt mean he cant be one.   *cough* Steve Smith *cough*

This is foolish. T.Y. is no elite receiver and he will play with whoever the Colts sign or pack his bags and go elsewhere. We need an eventual replacement for Reggie and is sure as hell isn't T.Y. He disappears way too often.

you mean like he did in the playoffs against the chiefs? Or how about against the best secondary in the NFL?

T.Y. has the makings of an elite receiver. Just cause hes smaller doesnt mean he cant be one.   *cough* Steve Smith *cough*

Smith may be the same height,  but he's not the same body type.    Not a great comparison, IMO.

DeSean Jackson is closer to the same body type and skill set.

When Nicks is healthy he's a #1 WR but the problem is he hasn't been healthy the past two years. On a one or two year deal he would be an upgrade over the WR's we have and he does have a lot to prove. The one good thing about signing him is that it would prevent us from drafting a WR early because we have so many other needs on the defensive side of the ball.

I think it could possibly be a good signing. I'm not going to be upset if he doesn't sign with us. Lot of good wide receivers in the draft.

We need some experience though - collectively, very little outside of Reggie. 

so if Nicks signs, Grigson is watching my madden team ;)

I signed Nicks, Arthur Jones, Davis, VInny, pat and let go off bethea and got my S on the draft. as well as my center

i didnt go for Jackson though.

#ARMCHAIRGM #MADDENGM!

Hey! Me 2! lol what a weird coincidence. 

#Maddenbros

For everyone pounding this drum that Hakeem Nicks either sucks, or is garbage (or both)....   why don't you actually take a look at his stats.

Here's his profile page -- click on it.

http://www.giants.com/team/roster/Hakeem-Nicks/b9e0c6fd-ed96-4855-b124-4c600a121da1

His two down years -- caused by injuries -- are the kind of years we all were hoping to get out of DHB.   If DHB had posted a season like Nicks did in the last two,   he might've been re-signed by the Colts.

Then,  you can look at this two years were he was one of the best WR's in the NFL.    His numbers were great. 

If we can sign Nicks to a one-year contract -- I'm fine with that.     We need someone of quality who the defense has to pay attention to.      On a one-year deal, I'm not sure there's a better option at this point.

If TY does not understand that a big strong route runner with good hands is not going to enhance his role as the speedster over the top guy, then he needs to get some professional perspective. If he is going to worry about some competition then he needs to gain some maturity. I think neither is the case!  I'd be more worried about Rogers feeling that the team has little faith in him, but would hope that he would come into camp with something to prove about himself instead of sulking.

Hopefully they both would see it as a move for the team to be better overall and compete for playing time.

Iron sharpens Iron, Man sharpens Man!

If TY does not understand that a big strong route runner with good hands is not going to enhance his role as the speedster over the top guy, then he needs to get some professional perspective. If he is going to worry about some competition then he needs to gain some maturity. I think neither is the case!  I'd be more worried about Rogers feeling that the team has little faith in him, but would hope that he would come into camp with something to prove about himself instead of sulking.

Hopefully they both would see it as a move for the team to be better overall and compete for playing time.

Iron sharpens Iron, Man sharpens Man!

I think Im just panicking about the Center position. I dont want to spend any more money till we have that spot figured out, and it doesnt include Costa.

I just don't see that in him. He went off the radar for five games after Reggie went down although some of that is on Luck. I think he can be an adequate #2 or a very good slot receiver.

If I had to choose between a really good center or a veteran receiver, I'm going with the center. Settling for Costa doesn't make sense in that context, not to me.

I'm right there with you. Rather fix the line the worry about wr's, te's or rb's. Same as defense. Would rather start on front 7.

And runs much better routes. But he'll probably cost twice as much, and there are health concerns, so it's not all roses. I'm on board at the right price, but it's not quite a slam dunk, assuming he even signs...

True, but unlike dhb nicks is actually looked at as a top wr when healthy

Just saying, its probably upsetting when you do so well in your first year, but Management brings in DHB of all people and starts him over you. They realize he sucks, and TY Kills it. Now they are attempting to do the same thing with Nicks...

TY can`t BLOCK like we need and there was Hope DHB would improve. If TY has something to be worried about it is with PEP & Luck not choosing to utilizie him consistently. He is having to earn more targets and has IMO.

As for Nicks, he Could be a HUGE Upgrade over the slowly developing Brazill. How much Value$$ he adds is for our GM & Coach to figure out. A Contract set up like DJacksons would seem appropriate.

When Nicks is healthy he's a #1 WR but the problem is he hasn't been healthy the past two years. On a one or two year deal he would be an upgrade over the WR's we have and he does have a lot to prove. The one good thing about signing him is that it would prevent us from drafting a WR early because we have so many other needs on the defensive side of the ball.

If Nicks is not healthy our personal won't sign him so unless he gets hurt during the year we are fine w/ signing Nicks and I hope so bad we do

TY can`t BLOCK like we need and there was Hope DHB would improve. If TY has something to be worried about it is with PEP & Luck not choosing to utilizie him consistently. He is having to earn more targets and has IMO.

As for Nicks, he Could be a HUGE Upgrade over the slowly developing Brazill. How much Value$$ he adds is for our GM & Coach to figure out. A Contract set up like DJacksons would seem appropriate.

Nicks is the number one receiver in Indy immediately if he signs. Not saying he should but they will phase Reggie out if they have him or Reggie will make a living as the slot receiver and do it well.

+1 TY is not and never will be a #1 receiver.  

And TY is still an important part of this offense.  

If this signing is anything it's saying that Reggie Wayne is old and he just tore his ACL and we can't be sure that he's gonna be the same player.  

I know it's difficult for Colt's fans to digest but Reggie Wayne is human, he's on his way to retirement and he's coming off a torn ACL.  If there was ever a receipe for a big drop in production it's that.  

If I had to choose between a really good center or a veteran receiver, I'm going with the center. Settling for Costa doesn't make sense in that context, not to me.

Yeah , that's a solid opinion , but there's only a 3-4 (to my knowledge) of other options out there and Goodwin for instance is 35 and is not known to be a good pass blocker . So maybe he's out of the picture. Could also be the guys we're interested don't  match up with what their market appears to be.

All true But Brazil is not developing slowly he just had a 4 game suspention and I think was injured also,,,He is a big and fast receiver expect big things from him this season,,,,,,,,,And I hope we get Nicks he is great big fast etc and luck 'll make him even better