Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Hakeem Nicks flying to visit Colts tomorrow

Dustin

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicks talked about wanting to be here, and it would help the team. A couple of years on a deal... and It would be pretty low risk. Nicks can catch a ball, and it would take pressure off T.Y. Hilton having to return kicks too which made me cringe every time. Move Whalen back there.

Sounds like the odds of this move happening are pretty good.

Just saying - watching Edelman return kicks for the Pats, which he shared responsibility with Welker and fully took on after his absence, makes me want him so bad for us.

So, the biggest reason I'm against bringing in a big time receiver like Hakeem Nicks is I feel like it might upset T.Y.

T.Y. might feel like management doesnt believe in him enough to let him be THE guy. Even though he has proved it for 2 years now. He might want to be featured more, but management might want to go a different route. That scares me.

I dont want a riff to develop between T.Y. and the team. I want him in Indy for years to come. I dont want another receiver coming in and taking a spot thats rightfully his...

TY will be the number 1 receiver this season regardless. Don't tell me it's reggie Wayne just because the guy is a HOF. By number 1 receiver, I mean he will be Lucks favorite target next season. Look for a 1200+ yard season barring injury.

So nobody wanted Decker but a lazy player who couldnt even have a decent year when he was playing for a contract is fine.  Wow the football IQ is just incredible round here some days.  If he had even shown some interest last season I would be ok with it.  If we sign him I hope I am so so wrong.

Either way go colts

So nobody wanted Decker but a lazy player who couldnt even have a decent year when he was playing for a contract is fine.  Wow the football IQ is just incredible round here some days.  If he had even shown some interest last season I would be ok with it.  If we sign him I hope I am so so wrong.

Either way go colts

He was injured last season. 

Either way go colts

A) He was playing through injuries, which is what derailed his season for the most part, along with some laziness and B) Decker wanted a lot more money than what the Colts were willing to give him

For those of you wanting Nicks so badly, you do realize if we sign him, it will without doubt take us out of the running to sign Mack. Whatever little chance there may be, it would be gone by signing Nicks and it may take us out of being able to sign any of the other better centers too.

For those of you wanting Nicks so badly, you do realize if we sign him, it will without doubt take us out of the running to sign Mack. Whatever little chance there may be, it would be gone by signing Nicks and it may take us out of being able to sign any of the other better centers too.

Well, Grigson obviously has a plan if he's going after Mack and bringing in Nicks at the same time. We still have like ~$22M in cap space.

How did you come up with this conclusion?

Do you have some math to share?

I'd be stunned if we didn't sign Nicks tomorrow.

When Grigs brings in someone for a visit, they usually (actually I think never) have left without a contract.

This thing gets done tomorrow!

This, I am pretty sure Hakeem Nicks will be a receiver for the Colts by this time tomorrow. Gotta keep up with the arms race between Denver and New England! Denver adds Aqib Talib, New England adds Revis, and the Colts will soon add Hakeem Nicks! (I hope)

Either way go colts

Santa Claus doesn't actually exist.

How did you come up with this conclusion?

Do you have some math to share?

I've read we have about 15-16 mil. left in cap space. Nicks already turned down 4.25 a yr. From somebody so it will probably take at least 5 mil to sign him and it'll take at least 9 to probably 10 mil. to keep Cleveland from matching a deal for Mack so that would leave us with virtually nothing for draft picks and filling out the rest of the roster.

I've read we have about 15-16 mil. left in cap space. Nicks already turned down 4.25 a yr. From somebody so it will probably take at least 5 mil to sign him and it'll take at least 9 to probably 10 mil. to keep Cleveland from matching a deal for Mack so that would leave us with virtually nothing for draft picks and filling out the rest of the roster.

It really depends on how the contracts are structured. From what I read the contract Nicks turned down was very front loaded, after year 1 he was playing for peanuts.