Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Steelers Predictions

MikChiken

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if Vontae and Wilson are out again it’ll be a long day. Smith-Schuster is coming on and Brown is always a threat. I think the Colts come back down to earth after beating a Deshaun Watson-less Texans and lose 35-13.

Also if the Colts get 40 dropped on them for the 3rd time this season, I predict someone loses their job. 

Hows that Pitt secondary this year? I haven't looked but last year they were pretty bad. Jacoby might be able to get some drives going. Also think we've been playing more disciplined football on defense the last two games since we went with more man coverage , less zones and increased the blitzing. Haven't been getting beat deep as much and passes have been contested.

Definitely two different levels of play. Colts are capable of playing above their talent level at times, however.  I don't think they can run against us.  At least not like they have been able to in the past.

Pitt is good, but not great this year so I think we play with an attitude and at least keep it close.  Minimizing mistakes will define how close.  As in no pick-6 scores while having a good drive going... those are painful.  Holding penalties offsetting positive plays.  

Morrison plays on the edge of getting a personal foul every single play.  Cant let things like that happen.  

I know those are every week keys, but they are not as devastating against the Browns as they will be Pitt.  

Minimal penalties and mistakes plus some help from Ben:    24-18 Pitt

"Bonehead" plays, second half collapse and lack of coaching (game plan/ adjustments)     Pitt 30+, Indy 3

26 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think if Vontae and Wilson are out again it’ll be a long day. Smith-Schuster is coming on and Brown is always a threat. I think the Colts come back down to earth after beating a Deshaun Watson-less Texans and lose 35-13.

Also if the Colts get 40 dropped on them for the 3rd time this season, I predict someone loses their job. 

Yeah I predict a big day for Brown and even Smith-Schuster too. I think we throw our young secondary in the fire and see what they can do. Brown will probably come away with 2 TD's on us anyway. I don't think anyone gets canned yet.

53 minutes ago, krunk said:

Hows that Pitt secondary this year? I haven't looked but last year they were pretty bad. Jacoby might be able to get some drives going. Also think we've been playing more disciplined football on defense the last two games since we went with more man coverage , less zones and increased the blitzing. Haven't been getting beat deep as much and passes have been contested.

Number 2 in pass defense and number 5 overall. 

10 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Ah geez. Pagano has a history of getting his butt handed to him by the Steelers. 

The big plays our secondary gives up plays right into their hands. It could be ugly. 

Sadly the Colts have always had a hard time beating Pittsburgh for as long as I can remember. Even the Manning years they gave us trouble. Big Ben almost never loses to us for whatever reason, even before Pagano was here.