Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Adonai Mitchell WR Texas (Merged)

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Lowest drop rate in the draft. One of the best separators in the draft too... both him and Worthy were victims of inconsistent QB play at Texas. 

If you watch his red-zone highlights... he's open soooooo much. Like... in compressed field you are not supposed to be this open this often. 

No idea what his attitude problems are but his talent is much better than pick no. 52 would suggest. I wouldn't have been mad if we took him at 15. 

Mitchell says it's a chemical imbalance that is difficult to control, diabetes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

So what to do with Pierce now? 

He will still be a vertical guy, Mitchell has the potential to be an alpha guy though and more then just a deep threat 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

I’m thinking that their desired pick the Center was taken before 46

I think they were looking for another playmaker. Now they have a guy that can test a defense with his speed opposite Pittman. Rap just said teams didn’t get a good read on him in interviews and he seemed disinterested. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Great pick here. Anyone notice Ballards change in philosophy so far. He took some one with a medical issue. Then takes a guy with some character concerns. He is swinging for the fences. Venturi was adamant colts needed a burner opposite Pittman. They got it.

I'm not aware of any character concerns about Mitchell, but yes it is long past time to move past a somewhat puritanical streak on player assessment. It's building a football team, not a church choir.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, twfish said:

He will still be a vertical guy, Mitchell has the potential to be an alpha guy though and more then just a deep threat 

Yeah... Mitchell can be the prototypical versatile X. 

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

Lowest drop rate in the draft. One of the best separators in the draft too... both him and Worthy were victims of inconsistent QB play at Texas. 

If you watch his red-zone highlights... he's open soooooo much. Like... in compressed field you are not supposed to be this open this often. 

No idea what his attitude problems are but his talent is much better than pick no. 52 would suggest. I wouldn't have been mad if we took him at 15. 

Mitchell at 52 is as impressive  as 6 qbs in the first 12 picks

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ColtV said:

I'm not aware of any character concerns about Mitchell, but yes it is long past time to move past a somewhat puritanical streak on player assessment. It's building a football team, not a church choir.

Don't tell the Eagles that! 😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Hold on, am I in the Colts forum, as all I'm reading is positive posts. Where are all the fire Ballard threads because he drafted a diabetic.

I know several athletes that are diabetics, even some Type 1. It's not the problem it used to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mitchell posted 93 catches for 1,405 yards and 18 touchdowns during his collegiate carreer. He was a two-time national champion during his time with the Georgia Bulldogs, appearing in five College Football Playoff games and catching a touchdown in all five. After the championship success in Athens, Mitchell came to Austin and had a career-best season at Texas, finishing with 55 catches for 845 yards and 11 touchdowns, all career-high marks.

• Like 5

Current Draft Picks:

1.15 - $3,034,753 - Laiatu Latu, Edge, UCLA

2.46 - $1,510,581**traded for #52, #142, #155

**2.52 - $1,219,297 - Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas

3.82 - $1,045,776

4.117 - $984,721

**5.142 - $883,167

5.151 - $879,060

**5.155 - $877,117

6.191 - $840,061

7.234 - $820,427

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

calm down, take a joke, eat Snickers... 

Take a joke? About a disease that kills people? Why don't you just not make the stupid joke..........and cram that snickers up your 4th pint of contact! 

Ballard is really starting to learn how to get good value. Best pass rusher in the draft falls to him at 15. Then he trades down and gets extra 5th round picks and gets a 9.99 RAS receiver with the lowest drop rate in the country coming out.

• Thanks 1

"Mitchell can beat press and has the speed to take the battle to the third level but he's still learning the art of bullying the catch space in tight quarters and jump-ball battles. He's not always a natural hands-catcher, but his ability to snare balls outside his frame is top-notch. His route running currently lacks focus and consistency, but agility and burst out of breaks will not be an issue. Mitchell is rugged after the catch and has the ability to become a winner on all three levels. The difference between becoming a WR2 or WR1 could rest on his urgency and willingness to go to work on the unpolished areas of his craft." – Lance Zierlein, NFL.com.

1 minute ago, Dobbinblitz said:

"Mitchell can beat press and has the speed to take the battle to the third level but he's still learning the art of bullying the catch space in tight quarters and jump-ball battles. He's not always a natural hands-catcher, but his ability to snare balls outside his frame is top-notch. His route running currently lacks focus and consistency, but agility and burst out of breaks will not be an issue. Mitchell is rugged after the catch and has the ability to become a winner on all three levels. The difference between becoming a WR2 or WR1 could rest on his urgency and willingness to go to work on the unpolished areas of his craft." – Lance Zierlein, NFL.com.

If Mitchell has the "want to", working with Reggie he could be great.

• Like 1