Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Adonai Mitchell WR Texas (Merged)

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

My gut after these first two picks is that Ballard will be signing a vet safety and a CB after the draft. Will probably spend more on safety. Thought this tweet from Diggs was interesting.

Diggs went to Texas, so it makes sense.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

He said he's * and left it up to interpretation 😂. Praying it's not about the colts and instead about being drafted the 11th WR

I think he's * he fell that far and said he's grateful to the Colts for picking him.

• Like 1

Just now, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

I'm a diabetic. I know it's not a problem at all but some posters will find any excuse to say fire Ballard.

Mitchell's issue is that he apparently doesn't manage it well and it affects his attitude/effort until he eats. I think we'll have a plan for him.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Mitchell's issue is that he apparently doesn't manage it well and it affects his attitude/effort until he eats. I think we'll have a plan for him.

I think we got a C grade in the facilities rankings for the Colts. 

Probably nothing good to eat in the building, Mitchell is doomed .:D

Love the pick.

No risk, no reward. Sure, he may have a history of some issues but is a great player in a premium position. In previous drafts, I can see Ballard making a "safe" pick; e.g. Cooper Beebe (G), Malachi Corley (WR)...but this pick has a much higher reward.

• Shive changed the title to Colts select Adonai Mitchell WR Texas (Merged)

Reggie will be a great mentor:

Following his selection, NFL Media reported that Mitchell's pre-draft experience was a bit turbulent. He reportedly didn't interview well and teams were unable to get a good feel for him, which contributed to his stock falling.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

He apparently has a habit of taking plays off when they ball isn’t going his way.

Reggie will bring the playmaker out in him. 

and if not, butt meet bench. Butt kicked out the door and teams will pass you around like a rag doll they don’t really want but feel they need to try and wash. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, James said:

He seems to have what some people refer to as “dawg mentality”.

I’m happy to have someone like this FINALLY! I thought it was a foregone conclusion he was going pick 1 today. He has high WR1 potential & Ballard struck. 

Will be interesting to see what we do here in round 3. A secondary player is needed but we already have so many young players. We could use a developmental offensive guard/center & a  RB. 

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

I’m happy to have someone like this FINALLY! I thought it was a foregone conclusion he was going pick 1 today. He has high WR1 potential & Ballard struck. 

Will be interesting to see what we do here in round 3. A secondary player is needed but we already have so many young players. We could use a developmental offensive guard/center & a  RB. 

Running back is kind of a sneaky need.

46 minutes ago, Shive said:

He has access to a nutritionist, dietitian, some of the NFLs best doctors. He’s going to be just fine.

• Like 1

Love the pick.

Every team needs at least ONE prima donna who is cocky and can make plays. Imagine if the Seattle Supersonics never had Gary Payton? Or if the Milwaukee Bucks never had Sam Cassell?

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Good stuff here. Uncontrolled diabetes does cause you to have mood swings. I assume colts nutritionist will help him with this.

This does scare me a bit. I know how it is. My dad and younger brother is a type 1. While my dad does manage it well.. there’s still some days he gets angry and “blacks out” or can’t pay attention well and zones out. While my brother didn’t manage it well unfortunately passed away a couple years ago at 24.. bless his heart. I like this pick and I support it 110% I hope it works out! And all the best to him! 

• Like 6