Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 1 predictions

Stephen

Actually Richardson looked serviceable, so any optimism for the win is warranted.

But the points of concern:

1. Richardson's accuracy and mechanics under different situations - it will take time.

2. How ready is the run game or RBs for game action?

3. Will WRs help the QB grow or would they be a menace with their drops and inconsistencies? 

4. Of course, the young secondary against the passing league. Can they hold on the offenses to fewer points or would they leak more than what we could score? 

5. Will enough Edge rushers step up in pass rush, and would Colts defense be able to consistently apply pressure on QBs and change their plans during the play? 

• Like 4

It pains me to say it, but I'm predicting yet another opening week 1 loss.

Jax are the faves for the division title for a reason, their offensive firepower I think will just prove to be a bit too much for us to handle. Our secondary is so unproven and I think that people are hyping them up too much based off of some halfway decent performances against opposing teams' backups.

AR will make a few really exciting splash plays, but we'll see some ugly plays too that counter those. 

The future is bright, but I don't think it is now, If we keep it competive, I will be really encouraged for what is to come for this team!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Chucklez said:

It pains me to say it, but I'm predicting yet another opening week 1 loss.

Jax are the faves for the division title for a reason, their offensive firepower I think will just prove to be a bit too much for us to handle. Our secondary is so unproven and I think that people are hyping them up too much based off of some halfway decent performances against opposing teams' backups.

AR will make a few really exciting splash plays, but we'll see some ugly plays too that counter those. 

The future is bright, but I don't think it is now, If we keep it competive, I will be really encouraged for what is to come for this team!

I'm also predicting a loss.  And not because of AR and his inexperience.  I'm concerned about our DB's being able to cover, and our DL being able to consistently get to the QB.  We may score 24 points.  But the Jags may score 38.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm also predicting a loss.  And not because of AR and his inexperience.  I'm concerned about our DB's being able to cover, and our DL being able to consistently get to the QB.  We may score 24 points.  But the Jags may score 38.

Yah pretty much where I'm at on this too.

If our defense can surprise (that's a huge if though), then we will have a genuine shot at showing we are more than just a team in developmen, but I just dont see our D like aparently quite a few others do. I think our secondary is going to be absoultely picked apart this season which will cripple us.

I think the pass rush will be able to equal last year, but it wont be anywhere near enough to make up for the steps backwards our secondary will take (at least as backward as I predict them to step anyways).

Here's to hoping they can prove me wrong.

• Like 1

It will take the whole team to win. I think Anthony will make plenty of mistakes but could hit some home runs too. My biggest concern right now is pass rush. If we can't rattle Lawrence or at least get pressure on him, then our young corners will be torn to shreds. 

• Like 1

I doubt it's going to be on Anthony Richardson to break this streak. The main question is whether the Colts defense can stop Trevor Lawrence, and my prediction is he passes for close to 80% completion, over 300 yds, and 3 tuddies. Will the Colts win? Depends, if Lawrence does that and Indy stops the run successfully then we can stick in it and maybe then AR can compete but if the defense isnt making sure the run game is a zero for Jacksonville, there's another opening day loss coming.

TL:DR? Lawrence will light up this Colts defense.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I doubt it's going to be on Anthony Richardson to break this streak. The main question is whether the Colts defense can stop Trevor Lawrence, and my prediction is he passes for close to 80% completion, over 300 yds, and 3 tuddies. Will the Colts win? Depends, if Lawrence does that and Indy stops the run successfully then we can stick in it and maybe then AR can compete but if the defense isnt making sure the run game is a zero for Jacksonville, there's another opening day loss coming.

TL:DR? Lawrence will light up this Colts defense.

Lawrence  may only have one incomplete  pass the whole game

• Like 2

Playing the Jaguars and opening game of the season, not too optimistic.

Jaguars 34 Colts 24

Maybe I can do a reverse jinx, maybe...

Christian Kirk lining up in the slot for a slot fade WR route towards the outside pylon beating Kenny Moore for a TD, I can already see it since it is a favorite staple of the Doug Pederson offense close to the red zone.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

AR =14-22/200 yards/1 TD/no INT. 55 yards rushing. Taylor 110 yards/1 TD on 25 carries. Colts win 20-17. Jinx is over. Defense plays awesome.

So much for my Taylor prediction of 110. I didn't think we would trade him - got that right. I did think we would take him off PUP. The way this whole thing has been handled is something out of the Simpsons Homer Simpson Spinning GIF

• Like 1

Jags 34-16

AR shows it’s his first game with some good plays and some head scratchers. 
13-23 0 TD, 2 INT, 50-60 yds rushing yards. 

Hull with the only TD from inside the 5

TL lights up our secondary with about 80% completion with 3 TD. 

It’s gonna be a long season (as expected) with some major growing pains but also light at end of tunnel. Still expecting 18-24 INT for AR this year but again, as long as he stays healthy and keeps improving from week to week, that would be successful. 

• Like 3

On 9/2/2023 at 1:40 AM, OLD FAN MAN said:

our defense seems to give up big plays on third and long, our outlook is bleak

A tale as old a time for the Colts.

This might just be perspective, but it seems like the Colts give up long 3rd and longs at a rate that is waaaay higher than the league average.