Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 1 predictions

Stephen

In the beginning...

I believe we have a brilliant mind leading our team. 

A season of teaching, evaluating, another off season, adding a few more critical pieces, and by mid-season 2024 we will know things are much better.

For those that get to watch us closely, enjoy some replay to see more of the overall action, I think you will see many young players with real potential.

Yes, a whole lot to root for.

I will attempt to wait a day to hold my tongue. And I of course am very ready to add to my very long list of the nattering negative nabob "Ignored". 

Most I can tell don't watch the game very close, nor really know what they are seeing. What a total waste for me to give them my time.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

In the beginning...

I believe we have a brilliant mind leading our team. 

A season of teaching, evaluating, another off season, adding a few more critical pieces, and by mid-season 2024 we will know things are much better.

For those that get to watch us closely, enjoy some replay to see more of the overall action, I think you will see many young players with real potential.

Yes, a whole lot to root for.

I will attempt to wait a day to hold my tongue. And I of course am very ready to add to my very long list of the nattering negative nabob "Ignored". 

Most I can tell don't watch the game very close, nor really know what they are seeing. What a total waste for me to give them my time.

What is that all about?

I always see three potential outcomes to any game, so I ask;

1.) Which team could get blown out? J45-C13

2.) What would the score be if the underdog wins? C24-J23

3.) What is the most common perceived outcome? J31-C17

My heart wants #2, my football IQ says #3, my fear is #1.

I'll go with my HEART! :rock:

WHY?: The generic #3 outcome is a hold over from Franks offense. I believe Shane is going to offensive game plan better than Frank! :cheers:

• Like 3

There is a few reasons why  I give colts a chase. First it’s game one. First games of the season always are unpredictable. You really don’t know who is bad or good until about week 4. Second there is no film on Richardson. Third it’s at golf where jags haven’t won in a while.  We will see if these 3 things ring true for week one. If we lose I think it will be because colts young corners can’t stop the jags offense.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

If my math is correct, 94% of these predictions will be wrong.  No one will care about the other 5%.

Genius!

Last year I picked at a 64% rating - below my standards, in 2021, I was at around 70% - I like the 70% mark, that is my goal every year. It is tough to pick games now days. Jags are favored and should be. When picking or betting, you can't go with your heart but here I am picking the upset. Colts 20-17. I could be wrong and we may get blown out, but I usually have 1 upset special every week, this is mine. 

• Like 2