Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts officially eliminated

runthepost

As others have said already, there is absolutely no reason to start Nick. Get Sam out there and see what he has prior to the draft. It would actually be infuriating on an already bad season to start stringing together wins now and lose draft position. The next 3 weeks will be interesting 

I hate losing and you play to win but we are eliminated now so it does no good. I hope we get a top 3 pick at this point. Farewell to Matty Ice, didn't end well for the team or him. He needs to retire. Hall of Fame career, 7th in all-time passing Yards, League MVP in 2016, and a SB appearance. He also has a good winning % as a starter + his longevity is similar to Rivers to where he hasn't missed many games.

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

Straight up disaster season.

The list of terrible events and 'achievements' this season is so long. 

I never seen it coming and usually I am pretty good at predicting our record before the season. I never envisioned our O.Line being MEH or Taylor being average and injured a lot. Matt Ryan's turnovers really surprised as well. Think about this, we have lost 2 games by 1 point = Washington and Philly, and last week in OT when we were up 33-0. This team could easily be 7-6-1 and leading the South. Really sad.

25 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

As opposed to dismay and anger at the end of last season when Colts got eliminated by Jax, maybe this year it's relief to look forward towards the draft, hopefully with the singular aim of finding a franchise QB. 

Still have to keep losing. Lucky for us Rams and Broncos play each other so as long as the colts lose, they'll move to 5th

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never seen it coming and usually I am pretty good at predicting our record before the season. I never envisioned our O.Line being MEH or Taylor being average and injured a lot. Matt Ryan's turnovers really surprised as well. Think about this, we have lost 2 games by 1 point = Washington and Philly, and last week in OT when we were up 33-0. This team could easily be 7-6-1 and leading the South. Really sad.

And every statement game we were basically embarrassed. Jags opening day, Irsay beef with Snyder Wash/Wentz game although he didn't play but you get it, NE debacle and all the others I'm definitely forgetting.

Just everything that could go wrong did and the optics of all our mistakes literally make our 2022 season just a disaster. Somehow feels as bad as our 1 win season.

It's like we got every multiple choice question wrong on a test.. Lol

I would like to see Sam as QB for the last 3 games so at least we know if we got a back up QB. Would like to see OL shift again. With either Dennis at RT and Smith at RG. Or pinter C and Kelly moved to RG. Sandlot play calling. Only thing we got going forward is our defense. 

Ballard has been celebrated like a championship level GM and yet missing the playoffs has been his norm. Is Ben Banogu still on the roster 

This team was realistically eliminated by the end of September. Thanks to a terrible division the mathematical possibility lasted this long.

7 hours ago, IinD said:

And every statement game we were basically embarrassed. Jags opening day, Irsay beef with Snyder Wash/Wentz game although he didn't play but you get it, NE debacle and all the others I'm definitely forgetting.

I think every prime time game has been a disaster, in the end.  We looked bad against Philly when it counted.  Really, the struggles we have had moving the ball started at the beginning of the season, preseason even, and hasn't changed materially at all in any game.

43 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Thanks to a terrible division the mathematical possibility lasted this long.

You said it best.

12 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

This team looked like it’s been a bottom feeder for years, with some games where they looked like they can compete and have something to build on… which they do. 

fix oline, fix QB, and get a damn WR who can take the top off the defense. 

We need another pass rusher too, but I agree that we don't have to replace everything and start over. We have a good nucleus, if the rest of these things get fixed ... and we get Harbaugh as our new coach to teach our new rookie QB of course!

9 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

We need another pass rusher too, but I agree that we don't have to replace everything and start over. We have a good nucleus, if the rest of these things get fixed ... and we get Harbaugh as our new coach to teach our new rookie QB of course!

My worry with Jim is how he will be in the locker room there are numerous reports that say he doesn’t play well with others and is an ***

9 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I don’t like the idea that any team intentionally tanks for draft position. That being said with the playoffs officially out for us id rather us lose the last few games than win…but not intentionally lose them. 

I dont think its a regular occurrence for every bad team that gets a top pick, but there have been some pretty questionable moves that looked like tanking to me

When the Bucs drafted Winston they were winning the final game of the season then pulled starters in the second half and went on to lose and get the number one pick.  Even some coaches and executives around the league called them out for this but the league didnt act on it.

44 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

We should have all known the Colts were done when they opened this high-expectation season and tied the worst team in the NFL, the Texans.  Maybe at this point the Texans aren't even the worst team, maybe the Colts should look in the mirror.   :facepalm:

The colts are arguably the 2nd worst team in the league behind the Texans but if they lose the last game of the season to the Texans I’ll agree with you. 

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Me neither. The Jags at home  have been a thorn in our side for so long its frustrating. 

Here is the flip side. The Jaguars have not beaten the Texans since 2017 and the lone win for the Texans is against guess who, The Jaguars. Let us see if the Jaguars really take that step by taking care of business when the bright lights are on them next week to set up a showdown vs the Titans. The Titans still are more battle tested over the years and we will find out if this Jaguars flame has the strength to withstand the scrutiny and coverage that come with the shining lights.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Here is the flip side. The Jaguars have not beaten the Texans since 2017 and the lone win for the Texans is against guess who, The Jaguars. Let us see if the Jaguars really take that step by taking care of business when the bright lights are on them next week to set up a showdown vs the Titans. The Titans still are more battle tested over the years and we will find out if this Jaguars flame has the strength to withstand the scrutiny and coverage that come with the shining lights.

True, actual testing phase is ahead for them. With Tannehill injury, it's all set up for them to take over and they're peaking at the right time. We'll get to know if they're contenders or pretenders. 

13 hours ago, adubb84 said:
As others have said already, there is absolutely no reason to start Nick. Get Sam out there and see what he has prior to the draft. It would actually be infuriating on an already bad season to start stringing together wins now and lose draft position. The next 3 weeks will be interesting 

Jeff Saturday will do everything in his power to win. He wants the HC job next year. 

Archived