Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts officially eliminated

runthepost

12 hours ago, IinD said:

And every statement game we were basically embarrassed. Jags opening day, Irsay beef with Snyder Wash/Wentz game although he didn't play but you get it, NE debacle and all the others I'm definitely forgetting.

Just everything that could go wrong did and the optics of all our mistakes literally make our 2022 season just a disaster. Somehow feels as bad as our 1 win season.

It's like we got every multiple choice question wrong on a test.. Lol

And it was an open book test, too.

3 hours ago, Old Colt said:

We should have all known the Colts were done when they opened this high-expectation season and tied the worst team in the NFL, the Texans.  Maybe at this point the Texans aren't even the worst team, maybe the Colts should look in the mirror.   :facepalm:

No joke.  The signs were there.  Sam was the only QB to do anything at all in the preseason.  We opened so completely badly against "the worst team in the league".  We couldn't beat "the second worst team in the league" on the road.  We lost every statement game.  And we totally bombed on national TV.

We were so convinced that since the AFC South is so bad, we would have the table all laid out in front of us.  We could just show up, and we'd be in.  But we wound up with a losing record vs our own division.  Nobody told us that maybe the reason why the AFC South was so bad was us.

14 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

As opposed to dismay and anger at the end of last season when Colts got eliminated by Jax, maybe this year it's relief to look forward towards the draft, hopefully with the singular aim of finding a franchise QB. 

Exactly. I think 98% of football fans would want their team to lose if their team was in the Colts’ position. 

Not only do we have a chance to get a franchise QB in the 1st, we have a chance to get a very good player at the top of the 2nd round. Would love to trade back into the late first if TE Michael Mayer or LT Broderick Jones happen to be there. 

This season was a dud after being shutout in Jacksonville.  Oh well…hopefully we get a high enough draft pick we can get our guy of the future.   I don’t think we need a full rebuild but decisions on JT, MPJ and Buckner need to be made. Perhaps trading a couple guys to shed or avoid salary constraints and gain draft picks could be a good choice.  Depends what we can get vs keeping them.  Will be interesting to see how the entire offseason plays out. I personally don’t have any preferences and just going to enjoy the ride. No matter what we will have a fresh start. 

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

the jags will dominate our division for years to come behind trevor

It’s certainly possible, but I’m not crowning any 7-8 team as a future dominating team. Colts were going to dominate the division for 15 years with Luck. We saw how that ended up. Jags look good, and they look primed for years of success with TL, but a lot can happen along the way to the top. 

3 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

This season was a dud after being shutout in Jacksonville.

Agreed. To me it was obvious that this season would be bad after Week 2. It brings me no pleasure to say that, but that seemed apparent very early on, and nothing happened to give me any real optimism after that. Not benching the starting QB, not firing the OC or the HC, certainly not hiring an inexperienced interim. 

15 minutes ago, rayski said:

Am I the only still exited for this team? 

You are only as good as your record but this team gets me fired up, this roster is better than what people give credit for.

We gotta sort playcalling.

It’s hard to get excited about a team without a QB, as without a QB the entire offense is just anemic. The D is fun to watch though

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Agreed. To me it was obvious that this season would be bad after Week 2. It brings me no pleasure to say that, but that seemed apparent very early on, and nothing happened to give me any real optimism after that. Not benching the starting QB, not firing the OC or the HC, certainly not hiring an inexperienced interim. 

I will admit even at that point I didn’t think we would be eyeing a top 5 draft pick. I thought we could win the division and then after week two I figured 7-9-1. The wheels sure did fall off and why this year really doesn’t bother me. All I know is I’m glad Reich is gone and it’s looking like we will be using the draft to get a QB like we should have 3yrs ago. 

The hiring of Saturday was the final nail in the coffin. He was an unsuccessful highschool football coach turned tv personality. I just kind of laughed when it was announced and decided the rest of the year was just about entertainment.  I haven’t looked at any stats or standings since. Just watch the games and get back to what I was doing afterwards. It has been nice being a casual fan this year bc there has been very limited frustration. 

10 hours ago, KB said:

I'm gonna be rooting for the Jags in the playoffs. They've been bad for so long, outside of one year, that I want to see them win the big game. I've always felt the same way about the Texans. * the Titans tho.

Christmas is getting to ya….isn’t it?

53 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

It’s hard to get excited about a team without a QB, as without a QB the entire offense is just anemic. The D is fun to watch though

That’s the thing that is frustrating: we have seen some great plays from these receivers, running backs and tight ends, at points in time.

There’s a lot that goes into an offense and maybe IF  they land THE guy, things will start clicking and I’m hoping for a better year next year.

Honestly the signs were there in the preseason. Dress rehearsal WITH Matt Ryan we couldn’t move the ball at ALL. Then it was just brushed to the side as “vanilla” play calling. Little did we know it was a foreshadowing of what was to come. 

Just sad overall. 

18 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I will admit even at that point I didn’t think we would be eyeing a top 5 draft pick. I thought we could win the division and then after two I figured 7-9-1. The wheels sure did fall off and why this year doesn’t bother me. All I know is I’m glad Reich is gone and it’s looking like we will be using the draft to get a QB like we should have 3yrs ago. 

The hiring of was the final nail in the . He was an unsuccessful highschool football coach turned personality. I just kind of laughed when it was announced and decided the rest of the year was just about .  I haven’t looked at any stats or standings since. Just watch the games and get back to what I was doing afterwards. It has been nice being a casual fan this year bc there has been very limited frustration. 

Yeah, I'm not even wrapped up in the overall record. It's just a team that obviously isn't good enough in several different areas, and that seemed apparent right away. There was also a lack of fire all around, when this team should have come out full of motivation. It was incredibly disappointing to me. 

17 hours ago, adubb84 said:

Honestly the signs were there in the preseason. Dress rehearsal WITH Matt Ryan we couldn’t move the ball at ALL. Then it was just brushed to the side as “vanilla” play calling. Little did we know it was a foreshadowing of what was to come. 

Just sad overall. 

This. I remember taking note of this when talking to my dad; he just brushed it off as preseason. They looked horrible, and it turns out it was definitely a prelude of things to come. 

19 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

That’s the thing that is frustrating: we have seen some great plays from these receivers, running backs and tight ends, at points in time.

There’s a lot that goes into an offense and maybe IF  they land THE guy, things will start clicking and I’m hoping for a better year next year.

The 49’ers are a QB away. They have talent at all levels, possibly except QB (Not sold on Purdy, yet). We are stumbling at all levels. Even at positions we thought we had locked down. 

On 12/23/2022 at 7:15 AM, Mr.Debonair said:

Ballard has been celebrated like a championship level GM and yet missing the playoffs has been his norm. Is Ben Banogu still on the roster 

This team was realistically eliminated by the end of September. Thanks to a terrible division the mathematical possibility lasted this long.

Yup , like he constantly think he can plug a guy anywhere and it will just work. Time and time again he depends on unproven rookies instead of having proven vets to push them. I’ll say this with polian we was ahead of the curve in what the NFL is today. With Ballard relics of a distant past. The NFL is all about QB , pass rush , WR & DBs now. Ballard wants to build a running team when obviously the NFL is geared towards passing with the rules and everything which is why it’s no surprise when we are where we are.

Should be the end of the road for Ballard. 2 Consecutive years without a playoff birth. 6 straight years of not winning the division. 1 playoff win out of 2 appearances. Also if the Colts continue to lose it will be Ballard’s 3rd losing season (4-12)in 2017 with Pagano and 7-9 in 2019 with Reich).

For me, I’m rooting for any team but the Eagles. Tough living in this are, this year.

I was disappointed because I thought they might get a year or two with “Matty Ice”. 
   I still can’t understand going with Pryor and Pinter to start the year off. I guess they figured Pryor played well at points in time last year and he could start until Raimann was ready. Don’t know if having Fries and Raimann would have made a difference but at least, they look like they may be okay in their respective slots.

But for so many reasons, it’s been a nighmare of a year!

Archived