Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Philly is smiling and thinking of top 10 pick

mirobi48

3 minutes ago, mirobi48 said:

Ravens gave us every opportunity to win and we failed

Time to bench Wentz. He did play well though not good enough 

Wentz is not a mobile QB.  ALLEN,HOLMES,JACKSON, they are mobile QBS

And we have no depth like we thought

Why bench him until you absolutely have to?

21 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

It's comical that some people think we bench Wentz to save the pick.

No, that's not how this works. Doing so would ruin our chances of swinging deals with other GM's in the future.

It's comical that some people are so naive they think it's impossible something like this could happen. 

37 minutes ago, mirobi48 said:

By "mobil" you mean like Peyton Manning?

39 minutes ago, mirobi48 said:

tenor.gif 

Wentz needs to work on his presnap reads and checking out of plays that are doomed before the snap. Otherwise he played a very good game. 

I think the depth issue is being harped on a little too much. The OL depth looked pretty damn good last night. The secondary didn’t look good in the 4th, but at that point we were missing 5 guys I think? Plus Blackmon missed some time as well, so 6 counting him. I don’t think there’s a team in the league that could lose 5-6 guys in their secondary and continue playing well. 

18 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

We're playing the Texans next and if we lose this game, fire Reich and bench Wentz and use Ehlinger and/or Eason the rest of the way so we can keep our #1. Heck we're not going to make the playoffs, so why waste our prime pick.  Put Hundley back to the PS.

Reich just got a 5 year extension, he's not going anywhere

Who cares if we lose a draft pick! We finally have a Qb that may stay for the next 10 plus years. Can you Get a guarantee we get another Qb anytime soon. You guys need to stop looking at today and come to the realization that we are still building this team and it takes time especially when you keep losing your starting qb for the past 3 years

People get way to hung up on draft picks. The league is littered with first round picks who are journeymen or flat out out of the league.

Same as people watching how much we spend on players. It's not my money so I don't care, screw the cap.

A good GM figures this stuff out, if not bye bye.

Yall need to just forget about the 1st pick in the draft odds are its gone unless Wentz gets hurt. And I am happy to use a number 1 on the future at QB. Wentz is damn good. Might have to wait until next year to make setting happen. 

I've said in the past, having a different QB every year is severely hampering this team. I hope to see Wentz again next season.  

2 hours ago, mirobi48 said:

You mean 72% completion

2 TD's

0 INT's

402 yards

128.5 rating

That's not good enough for you?

2 hours ago, Flash7 said:

It's a win-win.

We now have our franchise QB moving forward, at the cost of a first round draft pick (and his salary).

I was going to post this, but you and others stated it well.

Forget the OP, that’s ridiculous to say Wentz isn't playing well.  He gets better every week.  

Any QB hungry team in the league would gladly give up their #1 pick for a proven franchise QB.  

I don’t see Wentz missing game time unless: A. He gets injured again or B. He takes a turn for the worse and throws a bunch of picks and can’t get the team down the field.  I think A is more is a possibility if this team keeps piling injuries but the line should be getting healthier now with Nelson and Smith almost back. Wentz was balling out this week so I’m thinking he’s our future QB if he keeps it up. 

21 hours ago, J@son said:

tenor.gif 

Wentz needs to work on his presnap reads and checking out of plays that are doomed before the snap. Otherwise he played a very good game. 

He needs to go through his reads faster too, he has a tendency to stick to the 1/2 read too long.

Archived