Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict Carson Wentz's 2021-22 season

DownHillRunner

• DownHillRunner changed the title to Predict Carson Wentz's 2021-22 season

Some of these yards predictions seem so low.  3800 yards for example is only 224 yards per game.  Would be a disaster if that’s what he’s pulling unless it’s like first half only as Colts just steamrolling and running all second half and running Eason out there in the third.

3 minutes ago, Nate! said:

Some of these yards predictions seem so low.  3800 yards for example is only 224 yards per game.  Would be a disaster if that’s what he’s pulling unless it’s like first half only as Colts just steamrolling and running all second half and running Eason out there in the third.

My bad gonna be like @Stephen

5700 yards 62 td 1 int

47 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Plays 14 of 17 games, out 3 games due to injury.

3400 yards, 20 TD's, 13 INT's.

Wins 2 playoff games and gets hurt, forcing Eason to start in the AFC championship, which we lose.

This is oddly specific lol. Also I doubt Colts win that many games with that rough statline.

I'll be upbeat about the outcome of the Wentz trade. Despite the negativity coming from his previous stint of not performing above par, I believe with the tutelage of Reich and and the culture surrounding Wentz in  the locker room, he will be successful.

Record: 12-5, and lose our 1st round pick in 2022 to the Eagles.

4 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Benched before he reaches whatever number of snaps it takes for it to change to a 1st rounder haha. Honestly I have very high hopes but watching his games from last year it seems this outcome is possible.

It's an interesting thought exercise. But I really think that condition exists because of the injury history. As long as Wentz is healthy, I couldn't even imagine how they would spin the optics of benching him prior to reaching that threshold. They certainly didn't bench JB when it was clear he wasn't able to get the job done. The reason was because he gave them their best chance to win (or so they said).

And unless they get a legit backup QB...that's definitely going to be the case with Wenz.

What message does that send to the locker room and fanbase other than "we care more about a 1st round draft picks than we do about Carson Wentz and about winning." I can't imagine that going over well in the locker room...especially if these guys are truly bonding.

And if Wentz somehow doesn't give them the best chance to win at that point...then they would have major egg on their faces for even making that trade.

Too early to call. Here was Rivers numbers in 2020:

4,169 - Yards

7.7 - Y/A

TD's - 24

INT's - 11

Comp % - 68%

Team win/loss record = 11-5, made playoffs.

Better question would be, will Wentz do better than this? That is a good all-around season any QB or team would take. Wentz should throw for more TD's but in the other categories he may not measure up and we may not win 11 games either. Then again he could?

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Too early to call. Here was Rivers numbers in 2020:

4,169 - Yards

7.7 - Y/A

TD's - 24

INT's - 11

Comp % - 68%

Team win/loss record = 11-5, made playoffs.

Better question would be, will Wentz do better than this? That is a good all-around season any QB or team would take. Wentz should throw for more TD's but in the other categories he may not measure up and we may not win 11 games either. Then again he could?

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he throws for fewer yards than Rivers did.  He hasn’t yet in 5 seasons.  And I’m guessing we’ll be running a lot.

Archived