DownHillRunner

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Too early to call. Here was Rivers numbers in 2020:

4,169 - Yards

7.7 - Y/A

TD's - 24

INT's - 11

Comp % - 68%

Team win/loss record = 11-5, made playoffs.

Better question would be, will Wentz do better than this? That is a good all-around season any QB or team would take. Wentz should throw for more TD's but in the other categories he may not measure up and we may not win 11 games either. Then again he could?

I think his numbers will be very similar to these. Probably a few more TD's and lower comp% since he maybe taking more deeper shots down field. Hopefully more wins, especially in the playoffs!

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Too early to call. Here was Rivers numbers in 2020:

4,169 - Yards

7.7 - Y/A

TD's - 24

INT's - 11

Comp % - 68%

Team win/loss record = 11-5, made playoffs.

Better question would be, will Wentz do better than this? That is a good all-around season any QB or team would take. Wentz should throw for more TD's but in the other categories he may not measure up and we may not win 11 games either. Then again he could?

I would say more interceptions (1 or 2 more), lower completion percentage (62-65%) but the offense will look more in sync than last season and we will be more successful in the playoffs

I think predicting what he's going to do is a bit premature before we see who they bring in from the draft.  Assuming they get a LT and a nice weapon or two I do think he's in for a big year.  But he's definitely going to need that protection to be there on his blindside as well as more threat across the middle.

If the blindside isn't there then that will eat another player in the form of a TE or RB chipping or helping him out.  If the passing game threats don't improve it will be easier for teams to focus an excellent run game.  I think Ballard gets this done but really need to see what Wentz is going to have around him.  Current passing game threats probably aren't good enough for a top statistical season.

Just watched Michael Pittmans new video and it looks like Wentz was back out in California working with him. Pittman is on his way back to Indy. He has to drive because the pet delivery service that got Bosco to Cali was bad. Lol. He says he hopes to be able to charter a jet next time. I am laughing because he said all the baby stuff has been delivered to the colts facility while they were in Cali. With Pittman coming back Wentz will probably be spending a lot of time now in Indy with all the WR.

Whatever my numbers are, I think Wentz’s numbers will be even better in 2022.   The team will be better.   Wentz will be even more comfortable in the system, and so I think his stats will be noticeably better, not just a little. 

So.....

Comp %.   64-65

Yards          4000+
TD’s.               30

Int                    12

Next year, I’m hoping and expecting better. 

If the left tackle spot is filled correctly (and I feel it will be) I think Wentz will do a fine job. Numbers? I don't have anything flashy in mind because the Colts can "run the damn ball". He hopefully won't need anything flashy.

On 4/18/2021 at 4:00 PM, Boondoggle said:

I think predicting what he's going to do is a bit premature before we see who they bring in from the draft.  Assuming they get a LT and a nice weapon or two I do think he's in for a big year.  But he's definitely going to need that protection to be there on his blindside as well as more threat across the middle.

If the blindside isn't there then that will eat another player in the form of a TE or RB chipping or helping him out.  If the passing game threats don't improve it will be easier for teams to focus an excellent run game.  I think Ballard gets this done but really need to see what Wentz is going to have around him.  Current passing game threats probably aren't good enough for a top statistical season.

Pretty much echoes what I was thinking before I even read through the thread. I'll wait to put out numbers.

I like the trade of getting Wentz for the Colts. I think it was a low risk, high reward move. I think the change of scenery will help Wentz, and there is a very real probability of a comeback. 
The Colts situation is not very different from the Ravens years ago. Both teams had good defenses and overall team talent, but lacked a QB. The Indy situation was obviously caused by the Luck retirement. 
That being said, I prefer the Colts approach of getting proven QB’s in like Rivers and Wentz, versus the Ravens messing with guys like Stoney Case and Tony Banks. We lost years of good teams on the Kyle Boller experiment , where you guys cut bait sooner with Brissett. 
What we don’t know is if you will fare better than the Ravens during those years, with missed Championships with overall great teams , because of lack of a QB. 
I like that Ballard is attacking the problem aggressively , without giving up the farm. I like his approach of building up draft picks, yet filling holes. Good long term strategy. 

Archived