• Last Reply

Packers W

Titans W

Texans W

Raiders L

Texans W

Steelers L (like always) 

Jaguars W

Which gets our record too?!?! I have no idea...

We better not lose any division games.

Just can't have:

Ice Cold Philip show his face

or

The D plays some of that basketball style zone defense we all love here.

or

Frank has to have solid game plan's, no being to cute or to safe. 

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

TLaw reminds me of Luck

JF reminds me of Mahomes given some of his throws and baseball background

TLance reminds me of a better throwing Marcus Jackson

Just depends what kind of scheme you want to play.

I know there isn't much merit to this, but are you at all afraid that Fields is an Ohio State QB?   

Sun, 11/22, 4:25pm  7-2 Packers at 6-3 Colts

Possibility Kenny Moore will not be available vs the Pack's 7th ranked offense.  And their 11th ranked defense could stymie our rushing attack.

Packers 24 Colts 16

Sun, 11/29, 1:00pm  6-4 Titans at 6-4 Colts

Titans should be coming off loss to Ravens, in downward spiral, and needing confidence.  They sign Adam Vinatieri to shore up their kicking game.  Tough to beat same team twice.

Titans 16 Colts 13

Sun, 12/6, 1:00pm 6-5 Colts at 2-9 Texans

Texans in complete free-fall, as disgruntled players lose faith and look for other teams to play for.

Colts 27 Texans 17

Sun, 12/13, 4:05pm 7-5 Colts at 8-4 Raiders

Raiders record overinflated from playing Broncos, Falcons, and Jets.

Colts 30 Raiders 16

Sun, 12/20, 1:00pm 2-11 Texans at 8-5 Colts

More of the same, as Colts bury them at home.

Colts 34 Texans 13

Sun, 12/27, Flexxed to 4:25pm 9-5 Colts at 13-1 Steelers

Steelers only loss is to the Ravens.  Parris Campbell makes his return to the Colts, and makes the game interesting.

Steelers 27 Colts 26

Sun, 1/3, 1:00pm  1-15 Jaguars at 9-6 Colts

Jags only win was vs Colts in season opener.  Colts playing for division title and playoffs.

Colts 30 Jaguars 20

Colts final record 10-6, division title

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I know there isn't much merit to this, but are you at all afraid that Fields is an Ohio State QB?   

Sure. But also afraid Lance is a small school project that might never be able to make the jump.

You can pick at most QBs for one reason or another. 

Fields passes the eye test, stats test, measurables test, etc.. the only thing left is some doubt just because of the school/scheme he's a part of. 

16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sure. But also afraid Lance is a small school project that might never be able to make the jump.

You can pick at most QBs for one reason or another. 

Fields passes the eye test, stats test, measurables test, etc.. the only thing left is some doubt just because of the school/scheme he's a part of. 

Don't  trust fields

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Don't  trust fields

Why?

Kid only has one year of stats to look at. 

He's already shown improvement in almost every area through the first 3 games, and doesn't have the typical early schedule chumps to pad things.

I get OSU concerns, but what specifically has Fields done to warrant criticism or distrust this year?

I predicted 12 - 4 before the season, and I honestly believe they can still achieve that. I don't predict individual games (way too many variables, and I'm OCD about being accurate, ha ha), but I do think their toughest remaining game will be the rematch with the Titans, for a number of reasons, the biggest one being the familiarity of division rivals, and the additional variables that introduces over games against all other non-division teams.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm not because to me watching them play, there's an obvious difference between fields and past Ohio State QBs. When watching Haskins, or Jones you could see their deficiencies but Justin Fields he looks solid.

48 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I'm not because to me watching them play, there's an obvious difference between fields and past Ohio State QBs. When watching Haskins, or Jones you could see their deficiencies but Justin Fields he looks solid.

Thanks for the answer (Eaststreet too).  I hadn't caught much Ohio State football this season.  I only asked because of recent Ohio State QB's struggles in the NFL.  Didn't know if there was more to it besides coincidence.  

23 hours ago, EastStreet said:

TLaw reminds me of Luck

JF reminds me of Mahomes given some of his throws and baseball background

TLance reminds me of a better throwing Marcus Jackson

Just depends what kind of scheme you want to play.

I agree. I think Fields will be the best QB out of the bunch. Lawrence is good, but Fields has that edge to him.

13 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Exactly. I'm a big OSU fan, and there were many times when the offense was stagnant with Haskins and Jones.

i always thought Haskins was holding the team back.

Fields can make any throw on the field with his arm strength, he is elusive, and he has great accuracy. 

I think Fields will be the steal of the draft, and I will be shocked if he doesn't go No. 2.

My best guesses assuming relatively good health for the Colts.

Packers - W

Titans - W

Texans - W 

Raiders - L

Texans - W

Steelers - L

Jags - W

I got 11-5, although I predicted 10-6.  If I had to waiver, the 2nd Titans game is probably the one I'd change.

12 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Exactly. I'm a big OSU fan, and there were many times when the offense was stagnant with Haskins and Jones.

i always thought Haskins was holding the team back.

Fields can make any throw on the field with his arm strength, he is elusive, and he has great accuracy. 

I think Fields will be the steal of the draft, and I will be shocked if he doesn't go No. 2.

I think Ian Book will be the steal of the draft for the same reason you Fields will be. 

On 11/14/2020 at 11:45 PM, EastStreet said:

Sorry man. I don't buy into that kind of thinking. It was simply a bad game plan. There's no vodoo, just bad coaching.

You don't come out week 1, when your camp was funky, no pre-season, with a new QB and WRs, and proceed to toss it all over the yard like it's mid season, especially when your opponent is horrible vs the run......

That was mountain high dumb. Maybe dumber than not giving your backup QB reps the week of the Miami game last year, and proceeding to throw it all over the yard vs a team that is horrible vs the run. Reich's two worst moments by far in his 3 years.

There’s no voodoo but there can be voodoo like results psychologically that make teams feel cursed and a losing attitude can move through a team quickly.  

On 11/15/2020 at 7:18 AM, csmopar said:

Assuming he comes out still. There’s a lot of talk about him staying another year.

Hes coming out. #1 pick and he has a ton of leverage. Who ever is going to pick him ,Jets, will make wholesale changes to their organization to appease him. That being said. If the Jets dont make changes that satisfy him, I could see him refusing to go their when he is picked. U can be well assured that there will b a lot of communicating  between the  Lawrence camp and the team that ends up picking him before the draft. There's no way he walks to put on that Jets hat at the draft if they  still have thr same bunch running the Jets.

30 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hes coming out. #1 pick and he has a ton of leverage. Who ever is going to pick him ,Jets, will make wholesale changes to their organization to appease him. That being said. If the Jets dont make changes that satisfy him, I could see him refusing to go their when he is picked. U can be well assured that there will b a lot of communicating  between the  Lawrence camp and the team that ends up picking him before the draft. There's no way he walks to put on that Jets hat at the draft if they  still have thr same bunch running the Jets.

Maybe but it wouldn’t be the first time. Look what happened with Eli

Every game is winnable, but we could also just as easily lose. Basically, if we play more like we did vs. the Titans we could win out, but if we show up more like we did vs. the Ravens, well we could be all over the place. 

I just hope we can finally beat the friggin' Steelers. It's been way too long. 

19 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

You would think that with all the high draft picks the New York teams have had over the years, we'd have seen at least a few players threaten to do just that, and not sign with them. However, most fans completely miss the OVERWHELMING reason this has never happened. Signing as a top NFL pick to play in New York is the equivalent of getting a chance at a lifetime on the financial gravy train. Not just the few years in their early lives they spend playing football, but a lifetime. And these top picks aren't stupid. Yeah, even if their entire football careers end up being wasted there, the opportunities to make some seriously major cash over their entire lives is just too good to turn down.

I mean, nobody needs look any further than the Rivers - E. Manning deal to see proof. Regardless of what people think of which one had the better football career, there is simply no denying the fact that the opportunities for Philip to continue making major money the rest of his life pale in comparison to those of Eli, simply because of the vast differences in connections available to each one in the markets where they each played.

You're just not going to see any top picks throw that away because of a few years of having to play on some lesser football teams.

Colts have one of the easiest remaining schedules in the league.  Of the tough games (Packers, Titans, Steelers) I think they win one or two of them.  All are winnable though I think.  I think the Packers are overrated a bit too btw.  They're not particularly good anywhere just a really well coached team.  Titans and Steelers are the tougher of those three games. 

And I didn't include the Raiders as a tough game because I think the matchup favors Indy.  As long as health is there of course and the Colts keep playing great defense they should burn through that schedule.

We can still finish 12-4, can't go 13-3 because we have that automatic loss to the steelers in week 16. And if history has any factor in that game we will play as bad as we have to to lose just like last year with Hoyer at qb. Vineteri still had to miss an easy chip shot to lose that one, wow! All other games are EASILY winnable. Go Colts!

Archived