Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY will play vs Titans

Dogg63

It's been reported that after 3 days of being listed as "full practice" this week, TY will play tomorrow night. Doyle is ruled out and Cox is questionable.

Meanwhile, for the Titans, DB Dane Cruikshank, WR Adam Humphries, TE MyCole Pruitt, and CB Adoree’ Jackson have been ruled out.

Oh, and LB Matthew Adams has been put on the COVID-19 list as a 'close contact' to someone outside the Colts who tested positive.

5 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

It's been reported that after 3 days of being listed as "full practice" this week, TY will play tomorrow night. Doyle is ruled out and Cox is questionable.

Meanwhile, for the Titans, DB Dane Cruikshank, WR Adam Humphries, TE MyCole Pruitt, and CB Adoree’ Jackson have been ruled out.

Oh boy, looking forward to his 1 catch for 3 yards

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Doesn’t matter if he hasn’t been getting a lot of yards he helps everyone else get more open. Glad to see him back. He will help guys like Johnson get more open downfield.

Not really. At this point in his career, all you have to do single-cover him. He doesn't require a double-team. You can literally do that with any other receiver we have and get more production as well. This doesn't help the team at all with him returning IMO.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not really. At this point in his career, all you have to do single-cover him. He doesn't require a double-team. You can literally do that with any other receiver we have and get more production as well. This doesn't help the team at all with him returning IMO.

But the thing is, in reality, in the games TY has played this year, opposing teams have game-planned for him by devoting extra resources to him.

If what you're suggesting becomes a reality going foward, then that changes things.

I believe the Colts are now 1-10 without T.Y. 

11 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

But the thing is, in reality, in the games TY has played this year, opposing teams have game-planned for him by devoting extra resources to him.

If what you're suggesting becomes a reality going foward, then that changes things.

I believe the Colts are now 1-10 without T.Y. 

Even if we are 1-10 without Hilton, most of that stat is with Luck. TY isn't the same receiver without Luck. Rivers doesn't force the ball to him. Rivers spreads the ball around, and Hilton is 30 years old now. Completely different than years past. Hilton is just a JAG to us. Maybe he gets a deep pass tomorrow, but that'll be how he gets most of his yards if he does. It won't be a statline like 6 for 80 and a td like he used to do. He is a JAG now as I said that is going to take away snaps from our younger guys.

18 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Even if we are 1-10 without Hilton, most of that stat is with Luck. TY isn't the same receiver without Luck. Rivers doesn't force the ball to him. Rivers spreads the ball around, and Hilton is 30 years old now. Completely different than years past. Hilton is just a JAG to us. Maybe he gets a deep pass tomorrow, but that'll be how he gets most of his yards if he does. It won't be a statline like 6 for 80 and a td like he used to do. He is a JAG now as I said that is going to take away snaps from our younger guys.

I agree that Hilton has not been the same without Luck.

But, he still draws the defense's attention. If the opposing team has a philosophy where their #1 corner covers the #1 receiver, that corner will cover T.Y. allowing our other receivers a matchup against their other defenders.

If the team plays more of a base defense, then they roll coverage to T.Y's side, allowing for the other receivers to have more opportunities. That's why, for example, Marcus Johnson had big games previously when T.Y. was in the lineup. But when T.Y. was out and Marcus Johnson had to play the outside #1 receiver position, he became a "Ghost".

2 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

I agree that Hilton has not been the same without Luck.

But, he still draws the defense's attention. If the opposing team has a philosophy where their #1 corner covers the #1 receiver, that corner will cover T.Y. allowing our other receivers a matchup against their other defenders.

If the team plays more of a base defense, then they roll coverage to T.Y's side, allowing for the other receivers to have more opportunities. That's why, for example, Marcus Johnson had big games in previously when T.Y. was in the lineup. But when T.Y. was out and Marcus Johnson had to play the outside #1 receiver position, he became a "Ghost".

This is a good post. He does draw the no1 corner on him. It'll pretty much take him out of the game most of the time, but it'll open up the passing game for everyone else. This is assuming they put the no1 corner on Hilton though. If that works out, then it's good to have him in. If they put the no1 corner on Pittman and just single-cover Hilton with a speedy CB, then it's a bad thing. We'll have to see. 

At this point, if Hilton draws coverage and the other receivers get catches, receptions, and production for us, I'll be happy. That's probably the only way Hilton helps though is if the no1 corner covers him, which I'm not even sure he earns that respect anymore. We'll see if you are right.

27 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

TY is still the Colts best WR. The younger guys you mention are nowhere close to TY. There's a reason he's still drawing double teams and that special attention from DCs.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I think if given the shot Pittman could be the best

Could be...

Eason could be a Justin Herbert waiting to happen if given a shot.

Patmon could be the next great late round breakout wideout if given a shot.

JT could be this team's Saquon Barkley if given a full load.

You get the point. If the Colts build plans on 'could be' without having something concrete backing up those plans, 4 win seasons will be the norm quickly. I've been as 'disappointed' in TY as the average fan but when you watch the replays or all-22, it's not as if he isnt getting open.

52 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Depends on who’s doing the single covering

9 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Depends on who’s doing the single covering

A solid no1 or no2 corner or a speedy corner would probably do it at this point. I just don't see TY burning corners anymore or making much of an impact without Luck as QB. His ship has mostly sailed, and he'll be a FA after this year. Unless we are making a run at the SB (we didn't trade for anyone at the deadline), I'd like to minimize Hilton's snaps and let our young WRs learn and get snaps. I see no upside to TY at this point, and even suggested before he got hurt that we should trade him at the deadline. 

6 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

And T.Y. is still drawing P.I. yards (The hidden stat the NFL wont put out there but is just as important as a completed pass).

He also lets everyone go back to where they are on the depth chart and takes the pressure off guys trying to be the number one WR.  

1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

Bad take. It was reported widely by major sites.

Reported ≠ Newsworthy. What I said had nothing to do with reporting, or the level of reporting. 

Look at the reactions in this thread. Its the fact that most don’t actually give a % or don’t see this as providing any kind of advantage for us that I was talking about. 

Archived